** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

When i hear of scott frost doing horrible things to children or stealing funds to line his pockets then i will think ill of him.  But for a 20 something year old kid running around trying to bang anything that moves...why would i fault that.  Hell i was trying to do that at his age, so whats with the hostility.  

Yeah, like that one time when he was at Oregon and he mentored a kid, then took him in as a foster child, and helped get him through high school and into college.  Who needs a guy like that to be our coach?  :sarcasm

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/09/the_bachscore_ducks_assistant.html

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 4

I just listened to the podcast, Foreman even said it is "good that a former team mate is coming to be the coach".

Then there was a snide comments about making 5 million a year "so that means we're gonna be good, right?"

I really think DB and Foreman are well aware Frost isn't gonna fix this in year 1 or 2 or 3, so they are just laughing at all of the fans that think Frost will be the next Osborne.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I like DB alot. I don't really understand why he's talking like this, he says things on his show all the time about how immature he and other players were 20 years ago. Hell I'm sure Frost was immature as well. You would think you could put 20 year old "beef" aside and welcome one of your own.

Not just that, but take bias out of it and it's an undefeated coach of the year coming to be the next guy.  Why be so bitter.

41 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Assuming you got this answered, but I'll throw in my thoughts. 

1. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.

2. Current roster. These kids will be done with classes by the 16th and transfer considerations will get very serious. 

3. Assistant coaches. Need to hire, get on same page, etc. 

4. Recruiting again. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, okc-husker said:

https://huskercorner.com/2017/11/27/nebraska-football-ucf-staffers/

Long time lurker but never a poster. I hope this hasn’t been posted yet, but if it has my apologies. 

Question of curiosity: WHEN Frost arrives in Lincoln how does everyone think he will perform on the recruiting trail? Will he have to show some big wins prior to big recruits coming our way or will they come due to his name and UCF? I don’t know if his name carries much weight....yet. That is my biggest concern. The BIG10 is a different beast, obviously. 

He will do fine

The days of great athletes coming in to schools and sitting the bench until they are seniors is over. The “reloading” of teams. Nebraska nad Oklahoma where synonymous of this routine. Alabama may be the only ones currently who can claim this today.

Recruits are asking suitors today..Will I play as a Freshman? Will I be on TV? Will it be Saturday nights nationally? No...then I’m going somewhere else. As a result we have an enormous amount of parity across the sport now. And also why these TV contracts are worth so much to the P5 schools. Example A1. Notre Dame...they can dump a 3-9 record one year and pull a bunch of 5 stars the next year. Doesn’t seem possible but that’s all NBC.

As a final result the G5 is screwed. They may get the random stud who wants to stay near momma but that’s about it. A little tired of hearing how great recruiting opportunities UCF has.

Then why can’t they crack the top 50 in recruiting? Only TV appearance if team goes 11-0

Nebraska will always get recruits no matter who’s at the helm. It’s freakin Nebraska for Christ sake!

Just now, Dilly Dilly said:

Doesnt sound like a backtrack at all - just more hammering it in on what people are saying he said on the radio.

So... Jay, you may want to start rooting for another team if you are just that bitter.  Cuz it's happening, sweetheart.

I didn't listen to the radio segment, just going off what people here said. It sounded like was taking a shot at Scott during the segment, and I read this tweet as a backtrack, saying that he meant he'd have to come to terms with how bad the team was.... I don't know, maybe I'm reading that wrong.

6 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Doesnt sound like a backtrack at all - just more hammering it in on what people are saying he said on the radio.

So... Jay, you may want to start rooting for another team if you are just that bitter.  Cuz it's happening, sweetheart.

Cr1oDvVWgAEsqxy.jpg

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I didn't listen to the radio segment, just going off what people here said. It sounded like was taking a shot at Scott during the segment, and I read this tweet as a backtrack, saying that he meant he'd have to come to terms with how bad the team was.... I don't know, maybe I'm reading that wrong.

I took his backtracking as a bad sign about who we were hiring but apparently they had previously talked about Frost coming. His backtracking makes no sense. He's had a full season to see how bad we've become and process it.