** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I got the same impression. People seem to be reading way too much into what DB has been saying lately looking for a negative slant against SF that simply isn’t there. What DB has been consistent on is his concern about fans overhyping SF and expecting championships right away. In a way, it feels like everyone is expecting TO v2, and that is unrealistic. DB has said that he believes SF is a good fit but patience is needed.

Is there ANY member on that expects a championship right away?  That has never been the case. 

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It's too bad Foreman and Benning, who are in their 40's don't have the balls to just come out and say what is on their mind.  They would rather speak cryptically and in riddles with inside innuendo.

Do they still have personal issues with Frost? Benning drives me nuts. He plays this constant game where he hints at having some super secret insider knowledge that he's not going to share. So then he just proceeds to make cryptic remarks related to it. He strikes me as kind of a tool.

Edited by tfree32
  • Plus1 3

1 minute ago, GamingGlen said:

Maybe TN should hold a tournament of the <current computer game of college football> and let the winner be the HC?   :cowbell: 

There is none, and you just made a bunch of us sad now. Way to go. 

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 4
1 minute ago, tfree32 said:

Do they still have personal issues with Frost? Benning drives me nuts. He plays this constant game where he hints at having some super secret insider knowledge that he's not going to share. So then he just proceeds to make cryptic remarks related to it. He strikes me as kind of a tool.

That has been what people are talking about.  No one knows if Benning has an issue.  He seems to have one.  But doesn't say either way.

Just now, tfree32 said:

Do they still have personal issues with Frost? Benning drives me nuts. He plays this constant game where he hints at having some super secret insider knowledge that he's not going to share. He strikes me as kind of a tool.

Benning is able to watch a lot of practices and talk to coaches that other media members because he's a former player.  Because he has that access, he needs to be careful what exactly he reports on his radio show.  it's basically trying to remember what is "off the record" and "on the record" all the time.  He does release information after a certain amount of time has passed or if a coach is no longer at NU.  I can see how it's annoying, but that's simply the situation Benning is in.

• Plus1 2
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

That has been what people are talking about.  No one knows if Benning has an issue.  He seems to have one.  But doesn't say either way.

It sounds like Benning has beef, but he's trying to put it in the backseat so as to not disrupt his broadcast career, piss off listeners, and not get on the bad side of Nebraska's AD office.

If that's the case, good for Benning, and hopefully he can work it out down the road.