** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

I feel like maybe the D line was hampered personnel wise in that to run a 3-4 you kinda need a stud nose which I don’t think we had. But, I don’t see any reason to keep Parella either. I saw the D line get pushed around quite a bit this year

Go read their comments, they’re threatening to cancel season tickets and voice themselves on twitter, delusional fan base.

1 hour ago, FTW said:

If he didn't bow out gracefully, he wouldn't be there tonight. Just goes to show he meant what he said that him and his wife loved Lincoln and were/are comfortable here. Even though it wasn't a fit professionally, I think MR might become a Nebraska fan for life as awkward as it may seem right now.

Lol - Mike Riley and NU are going to be that divorced couple that live in the same house but separate rooms and go to events together and claim its for the kids sake. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

With Ruud identified as one possible assistant, and Chinander as the DC, here is what a potential staff could look like:

OC:  TBD (would love Walters but I bet he gets the HC spot at UCF)

OL:  Greg Austin (Former Husker)

RB:  Ryan Held (Former Husker and teammate of Frost)

WR:  Keith Williams

QB:  Mario Verdusco

TE:  TBD/Open

DC:  Erik Chinander

DL:  John Parella (former Husker)

LB:  Barrett Ruud (former Husker)

DB:  Donte Williams

Special Teams/Associate HC:  Jovan Dewitt

Admin:  Meghan Taylor :)

http://www.ucfknights.com/coaches.aspx?path=football

Admin:  Todd McShane...gotta keep him

S&C:  Zach Duval (Former Husker)

Wasn't Greg Austin a D-Line player for NU? IIRC, the guy's knee's were absolutely shredded and it was a nightmare for him just to walk. The guy just continued to line up and go full tilt boogie.....

5 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

So who. What former Nebraska player has a great defensive mind? Serious question because I honestly don’t know of a former player right now that fits the bill and is ready to be a defensive coordinator. I say we drop the whole former player bias and hire the best person available who would come here period. 

I am in agreement about Chinander though. I don’t think the UCF defense I saw this year is up to a Big 10 schedule

Here's a topic of past debate ...  would Scott make changes to his staff if they weren't working out?

1 minute ago, Spooky Tooth said:

Wasn't Greg Austin a D-Line player for NU? IIRC, the guy's knee's were absolutely shredded and it was a nightmare for him just to walk. The guy just continued to line up and go full tilt boogie.....

He was an O-line player.  In the link there are bios about those currently on the UCF staff.

3 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

So who. What former Nebraska player has a great defensive mind? Serious question because I honestly don’t know of a former player right now that fits the bill and is ready to be a defensive coordinator. I say we drop the whole former player bias and hire the best person available who would come here period. 

I am in agreement about Chinander though. I don’t think the UCF defense I saw this year is up to a Big 10 schedule

I don't know either olddominionhusker.  I just remember when other schools feared the Blackshirts.  Who could we get that would teach our boys how to tackle first of all, how to get off their blocks quicker and how to get tough! Our D was like marshmallow fluff! So soft!

In agree about getting the best person for the job but who?  Ok HB who do you consider the greatest defensive mind coaching in the college ranks today?  Could we steal Brent Venables?  Who else?

Just now, ladyhawke said:

I don't know either olddominionhusker.  I just remember when other schools feared the Blackshirts.  Who could we get that would teach our boys how to tackle first of all, how to get off their blocks quicker and how to get tough! Our D was like marshmallow fluff! So soft!

In agree about getting the best person for the job but who?  Ok HB who do you consider the greatest defensive mind coaching in the college ranks today?  Could we steal Brent Venables?  Who else?

Charlie McBride

• Plus1 1