** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Maybe the press, fans and all involved, should leave things alone and let things settle with regards to Riley and Frost. God forbid that we stop pestering or throwing our input into the mix.

I know most are excited about the potential here, but nobody should be lobbying for a select group on Frost’s coaching staff, or lobbying for a new position for Riley. Frost will have a hard enough time telling all the ex-husker players (friends) that he does not intend to hire them for his staff.

Heck, some of the press is even out talking to past HS players that Frost has had a relationship (recruiting), asking them if they would come to Nebraska if Frost comes home. 

We want success, I get it. Let him do what he has learned to do, without pressuring him to do things we think are best for the program. I believe between he and Moos, they will figure out the best options. 

Just my .02¢

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It shouldn't even be an option, frankly.

It would be like dating a woman and then going to her house and finding her ex-husband still living with her.  "Oh don't mind him, he just helps to cook and clean the house."

Thank you!!!  And the main thing is to LET HIM LEAVE!!!  He shouldn't be kept around!!!

Sounds like a good arrangement to me. That's less cooking and cleaning for you to do. :dunno

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

Maybe the press, fans and all involved, should leave things alone and let things settle with regards to Riley and Frost. God forbid that we stop pestering or throwing our input into the mix.

I know most are excited about the potential here, but nobody should be lobbying for a select group on Frost’s coaching staff, or lobbying for a new position for Riley. Frost will have a hard enough time telling all the ex-husker players (friends) that he does not intend to hire them for his staff.

Heck, some of the press is even out talking to past HS players that Frost has had a relationship (recruiting), asking them if they would come to Nebraska if Frost comes home. 

We want success, I get it. Let him do what he has learned to do, without pressuring him to do things we think are best for the program. I believe between he and Moos, they will figure out the best options. 

Just my .02¢

As long as they leave it on the message boards, newspapers, radio talk shows and that's it I really don't care. If they take it beyond that and start emailing or calling Frost or the department directly then I agree it's much. Otherwise it's just people talking. That's how people are. But yeah, I'd rather Frost and the people he trusts make these coaching decisions themselves without fan or media input.   

Edited by NebraskaHarry
  • Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

His only issue was the games.

He definitely is incredibly classy and has tons of dignity, but part of me wonders if he should be more embarrassed by the results.  Am I being too much like "90s fan" by saying he should be more bothered by all the losing? 

Edited by STL Husker
2 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

He definitely is incredibly classy and has tons of dignity, but part of me wonders if he should be more embarrassed by the results.  Am I being too much like "90s fan" by saying he should be more bothered by all the losing? 

Dude...He's gone.  He's not coaching here anymore.  What do you want him to do, go cry in the corner?

• Plus1 1
Just now, STL Husker said:

No, he should have been more bothered by the losing.  I was annoyed during his Friday press conference when he said that "I think the team can get 9 wins next year, because we had a similar improvement in 2016 from 2015."  Well, Mike, that was only a great improvement, because the team was so bad record-wise in 2015.

I thought the players should have been more bothered by the losing, and realized that their losing caused their beloved coach to be fired.  Unfortunately, Riley was always so positive with how things were going with the players, that they didn't realize that how they were playing was BAD.

• Plus1 1