** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

He definitely is incredibly classy and has tons of dignity, but part of me wonders if he should be more embarrassed by the results.  Am I being too much like "90s fan" by saying he should be more bothered by all the losing? 

Not all all, I think there is validity to that.

Of course he may have been very bothered by the results and just never publically showed it.  One of my college track coaches seemed very cold and emotionless when he coached.   Looked like nothing ever phased him and instilled a pretty tough attitude in his athletes. 

However, once I coached with him (grad assistant) I realized he was a nervous wreck before meets and would literally throw up he morning of the meets.  But once he met with the team and got onto the track it was light a lightswitch was turned on.

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

As long as they leave it on the message boards, newspapers, radio talk shows and that's it I really don't care. If they take it beyond that and start emailing or calling Frost or the department directly then I agree it's much. Otherwise it's just people talking. That's how people are. But yeah, I'd rather Frost and the people he trusts make these coaching decisions themselves without fan or media input.   

Yes, I am not talking about message board conversations. I am talking about the extremes like you mention.

Like the one guy in the press who reached out to a past QB recruit, who Frost courted for a bit back at Oregon.

You know, Frost is going to get hit up by a bunch of old buds (ex Husker player friends) who think they have something to offer. He is going to have to tune out anything that could become a distraction to his potential success. It’s like the guy who wins the lottery; all of the sudden he has more friends than he knew and his long lost cousins all of the sudden start showing up for holiday gatherings.

This above would be my biggest concern about what could cause him to think twice about coming back. Last minute headaches he really does not want to have to consider. +1 to you for sharing your input

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

His only issue was the games.

He did have game issues - however those issues i'm guessing were a result of practice issues and a lack of putting his foot down.  Doubt he coaches at any level again - time will tell if he has a future in football/sports.

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The conversation after the interview is strange.  Did we have people sending death threats to Scott's parents?  The Mike guy seems to have no issue with whichever he chooses and he understands, his partner on the other hand does and has some notion that Scott thinks the job is required of him and it shouldn't be.  Poor guy actually believes that Scott will not make the best decision for himself but rather make it because he think he needs to come here.  Myself, i'd understand if he stayed at UCF, he built the program back to what it is now and i'd also understand if he came home(which i'd prefer) but I wouldn't be angry at him either way.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

The conversation after the interview is strange.  Did we have people sending death threats to Scott's parents?  The Mike guy seems to have no issue with whichever he chooses and he understands, his partner on the other hand does and has some notion that Scott thinks the job is required of him and it shouldn't be.  Poor guy actually believes that Scott will not make the best decision for himself but rather make it because he think he needs to come here.  Myself, i'd understand if he stayed at UCF, he built the program back to what it is now and i'd also understand if he came home(which i'd prefer) but I wouldn't be angry at him either way.

I didn't listen that far into it. Everybody who has spoken publicly that knows Frost says he's analytical about his decisions, so I have no doubt he's doing what he thinks is best for him, and not necessarily UCF, or Nebraska.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway

51 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Besides MR not winning games - he has done nothing to harm NU or the image. There is a chance (25%) that he stays in Lincoln and helps in some way.

I really hope he's given the chance. Hell I'd be happy if he got a raise after everything he's done. I would love for him to be a recruiting advisor or Unity Council organizer or anything really.

He took over an at best an average roster, with the responsibility of changing systems and improving the culture. Along the way he was also given an ultimatum to change his DC, which he complied with the AD on. He was given 3 years to overhaul everything, the idea that he failed all on his own accord is sad. We are one Alumni-connection away from looking like Tennessee at this point.... I have no problem throwing in the towel on Riley being "the guy" to get NU back to national relevance, and I'm glad we have Frost, but to say Riley failed is insane. The idea that Frost will do any better in 3 years time is unlikely - possible, but unlikely.

Edited by Oade