** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

7 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

The conversation after the interview is strange.  Did we have people sending death threats to Scott's parents?  The Mike guy seems to have no issue with whichever he chooses and he understands, his partner on the other hand does and has some notion that Scott thinks the job is required of him and it shouldn't be.  Poor guy actually believes that Scott will not make the best decision for himself but rather make it because he think he needs to come here.  Myself, i'd understand if he stayed at UCF, he built the program back to what it is now and i'd also understand if he came home(which i'd prefer) but I wouldn't be angry at him either way.

At first I just thought they were absolutely clueless, but then I realized they dont know, let alone understand, our culture.  They made it seem like he was only coming back to make everyone but himself happy.  I can't see Scott doing that.  If he only did what made people happy, and not what he thought was best, he'd have signed with Nebraska fresh out of HS.  Appeasing others is far from what Scott's personality seems to be.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Oade said:

I have no problem throwing in the towel on Riley being "the guy" to get NU back to national relevance, and I'm glad we have Frost, but to say Riley failed is insane.

If you can't admit that it's at least plausible that the guy with the worst record in Husker modern history failed, then maybe you need a new definition for the word 'failed'.

• Plus1 2

Just now, grandpasknee said:

Have they called you yet Sparker?  Would you be open to the job?  ....asking for a friend.  LOL

Their fans are actually celebrating this. They are taking credit for running him off on twitter. This has to be the weirdest thing I've seen. Maybe they should have a fan contest for "coach for the day" and just rotate them through one day at time.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I can only imagine how funny this would be (funny and maddening) for Vol fans right now.  If this was how the search was going at NU Husker fans would be going bonkers.  

I think they're redefining that word. They may be redefining what it means to be social media activists.

12 minutes ago, Oade said:

I really hope he's given the chance. Hell I'd be happy if he got a raise after everything he's done. I would love for him to be a recruiting advisor or Unity Council organizer or anything really.

He took over an at best an average roster, with the responsibility of changing systems and improving the culture. Along the way he was also given an ultimatum to change his DC, which he complied with the AD on. He was given 3 years to overhaul everything, the idea that he failed all on his own accord is sad. We are one Alumni-connection away from looking like Tennessee at this point.... I have no problem throwing in the towel on Riley being "the guy" to get NU back to national relevance, and I'm glad we have Frost, but to say Riley failed is insane. The idea that Frost will do any better in 3 years time is unlikely - possible, but unlikely.

Average Roster?????? Minnesota is an average roster, and their average roster kicked our top 25-30 roster's butt's. According to all the "experts" we have the second best talent in the Big West and many years the best in the West. Just because this staff did not develop the kids and often picked the kids that were not gamers, does not mean that their is no talent, it means the coaches failed the kids.

• Plus1 4