** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Tennessee could make this a little better on themselves if they just fired their AD, Chancellor, and anyone else involved in this dumpster fire.

Which at this point is everyone? Including the fans, boosters, former players, maybe even a stray dog. 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

At first I just thought they were absolutely clueless, but then I realized they dont know, let alone understand, our culture.  They made it seem like he was only coming back to make everyone but himself happy.  I can't see Scott doing that.  If he only did what made people happy, and not what he thought was best, he'd have signed with Nebraska fresh out of HS.  Appeasing others is far from what Scott's personality seems to be.

I agree with everything you said and so does Mike, but his partner on the show, not so much.  I know Scott will make the best choice for him and his family over everything else.  It just made me wonder about the conversation.

7 minutes ago, Horace said:

Tee Martin actually wants the job. At what point does he give them the middle finger?

If a team thinks that after hiring a few questionable coaches in a row, having some terrible years, and then hiring a former QB that played there is the answer then they're nuts!

Wait....

Edited by darkhorse85
  • Plus1 9

Hello Huskerboard, yet another new member posting for the first time here. This Scott Frost Megathread has been a great recruiting tool for you guys, hasn't it? I remember 3 years ago when Pelini was axed, and how anxious I was during the coaching search. I had hoped we would have tried to go after Frost then, but instead, when I woke up the Thursday after the firing, my reaction was this... Cairo_Santos_Throwing_Ball_QB_Hilarious_Chiefs_Coaches_Reaction_Field_Goal_Fail_vs_Raiders.gif.1c508858e72fe16e7ac8a173ba9466a1.gif

I'm grateful to this thread for somewhat quelling my anxiousness a bit these past few weeks. I'm much more confident that our new administrators will get it right this time and bring Scott Frost home, so that my reaction, come Sunday or Monday, will be this instead...

giphy-3.gif.fc4bbef018217ae6038ac48d2b03e03c.gif

GO BIG RED!!!

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

Besides MR not winning games - he has done nothing to harm NU or the image. There is a chance (25%) that he stays in Lincoln and helps in some way.

If by not harming NE`s image, you mean he has dragged it completely thru the mud such that the national perception of us is one including a great deal of laughter and loss of TV revenue, not to mention having attained formerly unthinkable statistical lows, then yeah, he "helped".

NO, for the love of gawd NO, we dont need any more "help" from MR!!!  The only help re MR is helping him get the F outta Dodge, pronto!

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, brophog said:

Which at this point is everyone? Including the fans, boosters, former players, maybe even a stray dog. 

48370155.jpg

Then again, the fans are doing a damn good job nuking the program from the confines of their basements. 

Edited by VectorVictor
1 minute ago, TheMeWho said:

Hello Huskerboard, yet another new member posting for the first time here. This Scott Frost Megathread has been a great recruiting tool for you guys, hasn't it? I remember 3 years ago when Pelini was axed, and how anxious I was during the coaching search. I had hoped we would have tried to go after Frost then, but instead, when I woke up the Thursday after the firing, my reaction was this... Cairo_Santos_Throwing_Ball_QB_Hilarious_Chiefs_Coaches_Reaction_Field_Goal_Fail_vs_Raiders.gif.1c508858e72fe16e7ac8a173ba9466a1.gif

I'm grateful to this thread for somewhat quelling my anxiousness a bit these past few weeks. I'm much more confident that our new administrators will get it right this time and bring Scott Frost home, so that my reaction, come Sunday or Monday, will be this instead...

giphy-3.gif.fc4bbef018217ae6038ac48d2b03e03c.gif

GO BIG RED!!!

Looks like you got a stock of Chiefs gifs. Love me some Dancing Travis. Do you have Matt Cassel failing to put on a hat?

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, brophog said:

If you can't admit that it's at least plausible that the guy with the worst record in Husker modern history failed, then maybe you need a new definition for the word 'failed'.

Again, I'm not saying he should be the coach here. I was ready to throw in the towel too, but I can admit that it takes more than three seasons to install a new system and make up for the situation that he inherited. Same should be said for Scott. We are not a top 25 program, and will be installing a new system. That normally takes 5 or 6 seasons to do. Even for above average coaches, and even at places like FSU and Clemson.

Riley has a lot of skills, most of them aren't on the sideline, but to say he is a complete failure is way off base.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

PLEASE NO!!!  I understand Riley is a nice guy, but he doesn't deserve any spot within the NU athletic department.  Have people just forgotten how much of a failure his tenure at NU was?  If Riley is kept around in any capacity, it opens up the door for his former players to be loyal to him, rather than the new coach.  I appreciate Riley and his assistants being gracious in this transition period, but the new coach would be saying "Why is Riley still here? Wasn't he fired?".  Let him go back to Corvallis to help out the new Oregon State coach.

Fair enough and good points.