** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

17 minutes ago, I.M. OLD said:

Average Roster?????? Minnesota is an average roster, and their average roster kicked our top 25-30 roster's butt's. According to all the "experts" we have the second best talent in the Big West and many years the best in the West. Just because this staff did not develop the kids and often picked the kids that were not gamers, does not mean that their is no talent, it means the coaches failed the kids.

Excuse me for calling the best roster in the B10 West average.

1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

All kidding aside, at least our NC winning QB coming back to coach wouldn't be our 85th choice.

I try not to make too much fun of Tennessee about this.  They had their coach and the fan base rioted.  Which is a terrible look for all.  

Plus Nebraska was in this same type of boat 14 years ago.  It's not fun.

Having said all of that......

CZcdO6E.jpg

• Plus1 6
43 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

The conversation after the interview is strange.  Did we have people sending death threats to Scott's parents?  The Mike guy seems to have no issue with whichever he chooses and he understands, his partner on the other hand does and has some notion that Scott thinks the job is required of him and it shouldn't be.  Poor guy actually believes that Scott will not make the best decision for himself but rather make it because he think he needs to come here.  Myself, i'd understand if he stayed at UCF, he built the program back to what it is now and i'd also understand if he came home(which i'd prefer) but I wouldn't be angry at him either way.

They are homers who are about to lose one of the best coaches they have ever had and he is leaving the best team they have ever had. Obviously they want him to stay. Take what you are hearing from our local media and compare it to theirs. There is two sides to this argument. My friends who hate Nebraska absolutely agree that if he stayed at UCF than he is an idiot because you don’t know how these chances come along. So take what the biggest blowhard in Orlando has to say with a massive grain of salt and maybe some penicillin.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Between this and Riley doing his final press conference wearing Nebraska gear, I wonder if Moos will have Riley set up with some sort of job in the AD if he doesn't go back to Oregon State to coach?

I mean, I think everyone likes and respects Riley as a person, and he really seems to be a great, genuine guy. He just didn't get it done as head coach, but that doesn't mean he can't help out in other ways... :dunno

2 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Between this and Riley doing his final press conference wearing Nebraska gear, I wonder if Moos will have Riley set up with some sort of job in the AD if he doesn't go back to Oregon State to coach?

I mean, I think everyone likes and respects Riley as a person, and he really seems to be a great, genuine guy. He just didn't get it done as head coach, but that doesn't mean he can't help out in other ways... :dunno

This article states that Mike and Dee are headed back to Corvalis.

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2017/11/report_mike_riley_moving_back.html

15 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

Looks like you got a stock of Chiefs gifs. Love me some Dancing Travis. Do you have Matt Cassel failing to put on a hat?

Nope, don’t have the Matt Cassel one, but I’ve seen it. :lol:

Besides, I don’t want to breach the “9.77 MB” attachment limit too soon.

24 minutes ago, TheMeWho said:

Hello Huskerboard, yet another new member posting for the first time here. This Scott Frost Megathread has been a great recruiting tool for you guys, hasn't it? I remember 3 years ago when Pelini was axed, and how anxious I was during the coaching search. I had hoped we would have tried to go after Frost then, but instead, when I woke up the Thursday after the firing, my reaction was this... Cairo_Santos_Throwing_Ball_QB_Hilarious_Chiefs_Coaches_Reaction_Field_Goal_Fail_vs_Raiders.gif.1c508858e72fe16e7ac8a173ba9466a1.gif

I'm grateful to this thread for somewhat quelling my anxiousness a bit these past few weeks. I'm much more confident that our new administrators will get it right this time and bring Scott Frost home, so that my reaction, come Sunday or Monday, will be this instead...

giphy-3.gif.fc4bbef018217ae6038ac48d2b03e03c.gif

GO BIG RED!!!

Welcome and glad to have you on here!!

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

PLEASE NO!!!  I understand Riley is a nice guy, but he doesn't deserve any spot within the NU athletic department.  Have people just forgotten how much of a failure his tenure at NU was?  If Riley is kept around in any capacity, it opens up the door for his former players to be loyal to him, rather than the new coach.  I appreciate Riley and his assistants being gracious in this transition period, but the new coach would be saying "Why is Riley still here? Wasn't he fired?".  Let him go back to Corvallis to help out the new Oregon State coach.

Good heavens NO.  Riley was quoted this week by The Oregonian as having a lot of energy and would still like to coach.  Did ANYBODY notice a guy with a lot of energy?  He's a very nice man, but I'd like to kick him in the nuts.  He's either FOS or delusional at this point.  

• Plus1 2