** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

38 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I wonder if part of our pride in our facilities is that we were on the cutting edge when they were first built and other schools copied us? 

With how much these things seem to get renovations so frequently, could totally see a freshening up of all facilities soon. It's one of those things that Nebraska seems to have done it at just a little early. Teams like Maryland and Kentucky have insane facilities now with great technology. To see what Nebraska could fashion with the space they have, B1G money, and increased interest in the program could very well be the most impressive in the country. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, gorp512 said:

With how much these things seem to get renovations so frequently, could totally see a freshening up of all facilities soon. It's one of those things that Nebraska seems to have done it at just a little early. Teams like Maryland and Kentucky have insane facilities now with great technology. To see what Nebraska could fashion with the space they have, B1G money, and increased interest in the program could very well be the most impressive in the country. 

Until they're not.  

Interesting read on how fast others outpace updating their facilities

And, as an aside - the first picture shows Clemson's 18 hole mini golf course.  I demand right now we get one of those.

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

On the main board there is a thread called, NeFastka.  People are trying to think up clever names to describe the defense/offense once Scott starts coaching.

What I think will be fun is when we beat the crap out of another team (can't wait-I hope it's Iowa!) we can say, "YOU GOT FROSTED!"

rs_500x257-131209085209-tumblr_mxi5f6FFhq1snwcf6o1_r2_500.gif

FROSTED CUPCAKES, ANYONE!!!

7B5BF1B4-81E5-408E-AB28-00474948219C.thumb.jpeg.7fff580baa8affc8afd502e596242a02.jpeg

3C1D1775-79CD-4AEE-A5E7-73DA91758416.jpeg

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, Alfa4C said:

It occurred to me this morning that a whole generation of Nebraska fans have never experienced the pride that goes with a Championship team in Lincoln. 

Today the football program is an embarrassing shell of days gone past. For years now we have stood unwavering by the Husker program. Hanging on to the small hope that the glory of champions are within their grasp. But only disappointment prevailed. Small slivers of hope throughout the years that never came to fruition. Its been hard no doubt. But we've been proud.

Tomorrow my friends hope has a new meaning. Its real and it will sustain for years. We know it may take a while so no disappointments are in our future for quite some time.

Tomorrow we all hang our heads high!

He's coming home!

And hope will be a thing of the past!

I'm 25 and so I was 9 the last time Nebraska won a CCG let alone a National Title. I remember when I was a kid that NU was the best and supposed to be untouchable, but obviously don't remember the games. The vast majority of my NU football memories are The Bo/MR years.

13 hours ago, Herbie95 said:

So has Verzal, Benning, or Moore actually come out and plainly said what their personal beef is with SF?  One poster on this board claimed he heard Benning call SF a "creeper" back several years ago on the radio.

tumblr_ll0ndhTDIr1qeuoj1o1_500.jpg

The way I hear it, Benning was pissed that Frost blew up the only diamonds he had spent days trying to find.

/If you don't get it, ask your kids 

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, Husker56 said:

5a21742979cc5_ScreenShot2017-12-01at8_20_38AM.png.e6a85b640382eb401027024bb24a9436.png

Wow if this is true, it's not just the fans making UT look bad. This would be the equivalent of TO interfering in past hires/searches which obviously I can't imagine.

Maybe they should just give themselves the death penalty at this point. Put a stop to the football program. Wow, just Wow!

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Until they're not.  

Interesting read on how fast others outpace updating their facilities

And, as an aside - the first picture shows Clemson's 18 hole mini golf course.  I demand right now we get one of those.

"By the time we're done ... we'll be right back behind them all again," said Stephen Ludwig, a member of Colorado's board of regents. "It's a never-ending arms race to build shiny objects that appeal to 17-year-olds, so they'll pick us instead of someone else."

I mean, you could just stop trying and drop athletics entirely. We wouldn't miss you too much, I promise.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

What I think will be fun is when we beat the crap out of another team (can't wait-I hope it's Iowa!) we can say, "YOU GOT FROSTED!"

0mw1I8e.gif

Yeah, that's probably not an adverb we should use in 2017. :)

Edited by VectorVictor

Facilities aside, we are still the only team in the country that can fill a 90,000 seat stadium with people to watch a 4-7 team.  I noticed some of the top ten teams in the country couldn't fill their stadiums at times this year.  One I think was even playing a decently ranked team.  The last Miami home game looked worse then our spring game.

We may be the only team in the country that can bring a recruit to visit any home game and the pregame experience will feel the same whether we're playing Arkansas State or Ohio State.  If the team gets better, that experience will only get better.  If you like playing for a packed house, you'll have it here, week in, week out.

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 5