** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

11 minutes ago, Husker N StL said:

If this is accurate, do you/we think that the OC could be a "big" name or since SF tends to call his own plays we would hire more of a position coach?

I would rather have Walters than Chinander, but it is what it is.  I was speculating last night that Moos was in Scottsdale to bring their OC/WR coach in as OC.

http://www.thesundevils.com/staff.aspx?staff=492

Edited by HuskerNation1
  • Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I would rather have Walters than Chinander, but it is what it is.  I was speculating last night that Moos was in Scottsdale to bring their OC/WR coach in as OC.

http://www.thesundevils.com/staff.aspx?staff=492

Interesting.....   From the link:

"Billy Napier, who spent the past five seasons as the wide receivers coach at the University of Alabama and is widely respected in the coaching profession as one of the most talented recruiters in college football...."

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ATS Knight said:

Before Frost, we had O'Leary who everyone knew was going to retire at UCF. Even though his philosophies on college football made no sense in Central Florida, just knowing that he was going to be there and knowing that he had success elsewhere spurred us to success that we never had seen and was rare among our peers.

I'm glad that Nebraska is getting Frost. Not only does the program deserve it, but he was never going to stay at UCF long-term. I'm glad that he found a place where he will stay so early in his career and I'm confident that the long-term commitment and previous success will be just as good for y'all as it was for us.

So congrats. Treat him well... *sniff... he was good to us. 

Awe.... there there.  While you may have lost a good coach, you've gained a good number of fans to your program.  I know I'll probably care about UCF for the foreseeable future and want them to do well.  (Unless we should meet in non-con or bowl, then I'll want to take you down bigly).

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Before Frost, we had O'Leary who everyone knew was going to retire at UCF. Even though his philosophies on college football made no sense in Central Florida, just knowing that he was going to be there and knowing that he had success elsewhere spurred us to success that we never had seen and was rare among our peers.

I'm glad that Nebraska is getting Frost. Not only does the program deserve it, but he was never going to stay at UCF long-term. I'm glad that he found a place where he will stay so early in his career and I'm confident that the long-term commitment and previous success will be just as good for y'all as it was for us.

If it’s any consolation, you’ve been a welcomed addition to the board.

• Plus1 7
4 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

It would be nice for UCF to find their Bob Devaney/Tom Osborne career coach that could be long term and build a dynasty...hope you all get someone good.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Husker N StL said:

Interesting.....   From the link:

"Billy Napier, who spent the past five seasons as the wide receivers coach at the University of Alabama and is widely respected in the coaching profession as one of the most talented recruiters in college football...."

Yes he was on the Bama staff for 3 of their NC teams and was the recruiting coordinator for Clemson in 2008 prior to their ascension That 2008 class was ranked 2nd in the country.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes he was on the Bama staff for 3 of their NC teams and was the recruiting coordinator for Clemson in 2008 prior to their ascension That 2008 class was ranked 2nd in the country.

Yes.  Billy Napier has a nice pedigree.  "Winner"

Coaching Experience
2017-Present, Arizona State (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2013-2017, Alabama (Wide Receivers)
2012, Colorado State (Assistant HC/Quarterbacks)
2011, Alabama (Offensive Analyst)
2009-2010, Clemson (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)

Bowl Games as a Coach
2016  BCS National Championship
2015  BCS National Championship
2014  Sugar Bowl
2013  Sugar Bowl
2011  BCS National Championship

Edited by Husker N StL
context
2 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

This has been the most boring coaching search in history. We're reduced to talking about facilities and assistant coaches instead of tracking flights and endless speculation on rumors. Thankfully Tennessee is happening. *sips pina colada*

Boring is EXACTLY what you want. Thank you Moos.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

If that is truly why they went to Scottsdale, then we are seriously sitting at the big boy table.  

Lets hope....again I was just speculating last night and could be far off. The other guy at ASU could take over for Devaney as he is from Omaha and has worked for NU before (Tim Cassidy), father of Austin. I would prefer that Moos was there for Napier.

Edited by HuskerNation1