** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, BrooklynsFinest said:

Most likely because if he brings Nebraska back, programs will be throwing him truckloads of cash to be their AD 

We have plenty of cash. If he does a good job here why would he leave? We are a blueblood football program in arguably the top conference and we are successful in other sports, though Moos seems like a football guy. How many jobs out there would realistically be better than this one if Frost turns the football program into a conference title contender? He will be forever loved around here, basically 0 fan pressure. 

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why? 

He's 66 years old.  Most of his life has been spent in the states of Washington, Oregon, and Montana.  He has a son who will be playing football for Cal.  I just don't see him staying here through 2022.  He was hired to do one thing and one thing only.  It's all but done. 

Just now, junior4949 said:

He's 66 years old.  Most of his life has been spent in the states of Washington, Oregon, and Montana.  He has a son who will be playing football for Cal.  I just don't see him staying here through 2022.  He was hired to do one thing and one thing only.  It's all but done. 

This is more realistic to me. I could see him retiring early but if he does I don't think he is planning on it now. He wants to be here for a little while I believe. 

8 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

The NU Athletic Department is a huge mess.  I understand the hiring of the new football coach is the biggest thing Moos will do at NU, but he has plenty of work to do at NU.  He's not going to leave within a year or two just to go watch his son play at Cal.  I think Moos will stay at NU very close through at least 2020.

Edited by ColoradoHusk