** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Well the time has come.   It's time to go home from work.  If these really are your last few days and you don't make it to Monday, goodbye dear thread.  I will miss you.  You got me through the longest week of my message board life.  You are the 1990s Nebraska Football of all threads. I hope you live forever, but I know that decision is in the hands of the men upstairs.  May you live in the memory of HB forever.

I hope they let it live for a day or two after the announcement to celebrate.  Maybe even advance notice that it goes down at such and such a time.

• Plus1 2

So assuming by Sunday or Monday at the latest Frost announcement is public, he will have a lot to do in a short period of time.

1.  Determine which assistants on Riley's staff to retain so they can help with current players and any recruits they are tied to.

2.  Assemble rest of staff as much as possible (does not have to be 100% filled within the first couple weeks, but 75% would be nice)

3.  Meet current players to calm their nerves

4.  Hit the road for key recruiting targets, especially any considering the early signing period of December 20.

Edited by HuskerNation1
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Wasn't that his major 'beef' at FSU?  He had wanted a push toward better facilities and wasn't getting the movement he wanted on this issue?

Pretty sure they are literally in the process of building them and did the indoor practice facility already. I think at the end of the day it’s a naked money grab. Which is fine. Make what you can when you are the hot coach. 

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

So assuming by Sunday or Monday at the latest Frost announcement is public, he will have a lot to do in a short period of time.

1.  Determine which assistants on Riley's staff to retain so they can help with current players and any recruits they are tied to.

2.  Assemble rest of staff as much as possible (does not have to be 100% filled within the first couple weeks, but 75% would be nice)

3.  Meet current players to calm their nerves

4.  Hit the road for key recruiting targets, especially any considering the early signing period of December 20.

You forgot:

5.  Accept the crown and scepter as King of Nebraska.

• Plus1 6

Reason for Jimbo leaving FSU is that the Athletic Department, boosters, etc. wanted him to fire his DC and OL coach as they are bums. Issue was they were Jimbo guys and he refused. So he was on the hot seat anyways and when aTm (literally a cash machine) came calling, he took off. FSU had been expecting this and has Taggert pretty much locked up. 

I went to Grad school at FSU (I slept with the enemy, I know) and due to its proximity to me go to some games plus the sports radio stations here keep up on them due to a huge alum presence. 

Edited by HuskerInATL
30 minutes ago, Landlord said:

No way dude. Chizik went 3-9 and 2-10 at Iowa State and was somehow offered the Auburn job, where he went 8-5, 14-0, 8-5, and 3-9.

Fisher has been FSU's head coach for 8 years. Twice the sample size, and has only had two seasons with less than 10 wins (9-4, ranked #23, in 2011, his second year), and 5-6 this year. 5 of the 8 years he's made a major bowl game, including a national championship and a playoff appearance, and won the conference in 3 of them.  

He's a great coach. His first 8 years are a hell of a lot better than Bowden's were.

Also in his defense, IIRC FSU had the most injured starters throughout the season....Injuries decimated what would've should've been a great team IMHO.

People need to stop being upset by what UCF fans are saying ffs. One idiot just said a nasty racist remark to a UCF player’s mom that’s blowing up on twitter.

Who cares what they say about living in Lincoln. It’s small time to get offended and fire shots back. Just remind them that we are cheering on UCF this next game and hope that Frost does for us what he did for them.

• Plus1 6

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Also in his defense, IIRC FSU had the most injured starters throughout the season....Injuries decimated what would've should've been a great team IMHO.

The QB went down first game against Bama but they werent going far with that abortion of an O Line. Us Huskers know how that looks, especially after this year. 

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I wish I could be in downtown Lincoln tomorrow (or Sunday) whenever this is announced. I'd be celebrating like we just won the NC

IF  Frost comes (I think hope he is) this will be the biggest victory for NU since winning the MNC in 1997 IMHO.  We went head to head with UF/UT/Oregn?/FSU? for his coaching services and won.  That's not a small feat seeing the recent success of UF/FSU...........

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Well the time has come.   It's time to go home from work.  If these really are your last few days and you don't make it to Monday, goodbye dear thread.  I will miss you.  You got me through the longest week of my message board life.  You are the 1990s Nebraska Football of all threads. I hope you live forever, but I know that decision is in the hands of the men upstairs.  May you live in the memory of HB forever.

Thought it was appropriate for me to tag on to this post for obvious geographic reasons (STL). I'll not have time to check-in or post tomorrow so...

One last hug. One last kiss. One last megathread keystroke. 

Scott Frost will be the next great Husker coach.

Farewell to thee most awesome of threads.

jZgre.gif

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, HuskerInATL said:

Reason for Jimbo leaving FSU is that the Athletic Department, boosters, etc. wanted him to fire his DC and OL coach as they are bums. Issue was they were Jimbo guys and he refused. So he was on the hot seat anyways and when aTm (literally a cash machine) came calling, he took off. FSU had been expecting this and has Taggert pretty much locked up. 

I went to Grad school at FSU (I slept with the enemy, I know) and due to its proximity to me go to some games plus the sports radio stations here keep up on them due to a huge alum presence. 

So do you think he will bring his bums with him to aTm?