** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Interesting post on Reddit about FSU:

link

From a good source - The administration knew this was going to be his decision going back a week. They have been feeling out coaches and watching things unfold around the county.

Frost’s reps were the first call earlier this week. Apparently he strongly considered it but declined. Apparently going to take the Nebraska job the day after UCF’s bowl game.

Next was Taggart. Apparently this is the 3rd or 4th job he’s been offered. He isn’t interested in leaving Oregon and is expecting a huge extension this off season.

Then came Bob Stoops. My source said he didn’t even return phone calls. (Maybe he will now that the job is open? Never talk about another man’s job)

Feelers were sent to Fuente and his contract apparently all but eliminates him as a candidate.

Apparently the administration isn’t vihemently against Sumlin. They don’t want it to appear they are taking A&M’s trash.

From what my source has gathered, the search has come down to Charlie Strong and Mark Stoops. They’ve been in contact with Reps of both coaches and both coaches have expressed interest.

My source has been right throughout the years with football/basketball hirings and various scandals. But now he is certain it’ll be Mark Stoops or Strong if Bob doesn’t return phone calls.

Edit: I just called back to ask about Kiffin. Big time boosters have apparently eliminated him from consideration. Threatening to pull massive amounts of future donations.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Beez said:

The strongly considered it part is crap if you ask me.  He made his decision and he will keep his word.  Seems like the kind of person where his word matters.

I agree with you regarding Frost's actual answer.  That guy's "source" is close to Athletic Department (so who knows if it's even true).  But I wouldn't be surprised if FSU's Athletic Department is feeding that line to key people with a little spin----as in it's a "let them down easy" no.  Heck that could've legitimitaly been how Frost's agents responded even though Scott say no way Jose.