** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, InOmaha said:

Why yes, they're 16,000 students are less then our 25,000 students. But they're fan base blows because a lot of Nebraska fans didn't go to Nebraska.

I guess the 45 million people in CA have enough to do without picking college teams. Oh well. If you're a college kid come play for people who will support you or play your conference championship in front of 15,000.

If I'm a scholarship player the fan base isn't even in the top 10 of factors I'm considering.

20 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

It's really about how quickly the players can unlearn the bad habits from the past several years (including the Bo years) and begin to learn new techniques and schemes. 

Seriously? You're still, preemptively, trying to trot that excuse out?! There aren't any players left who played under Bo, just a handful of guys who were redshirts in his final season.

18 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Wow. I always felt sorry for Fulmer when they fired him, not anymore.  So are they going to hire Tee Martin? What an incredible mess!

I'm surprised the Fulmer Cup hasn't been mentioned here yet.   I just looked - they are still doing it.  Two B1G teams on the top 10 this year.   There's a reason a point system for arrests is named after Phil Fulmer.

You know what guys?  Tomorrow/Sunday is truly the new beginning we have waited for since Osborne.  We can put this year behind us.  We can put the last 20 years behind us and hell, we can even put the 90s behind us (appreciate it, but don't cling on to it).  Something special is starting for us soon.  This one definitely feels different than the rest of the hires.  Hope. Loyalty.  Passion.  Knowledge.  Resume.  GBR

Edit:  Give him many years.  I don't expect a turnaround fast.

Edited by RedNebraskan
  • Plus1 8
15 minutes ago, Toe said:

Seriously? You're still, preemptively, trying to trot that excuse out?! There aren't any players left who played under Bo, just a handful of guys who were redshirts in his final season.

Umm...unless I am missing something, the following were on the team in 2014 and learned under the prior staff, and as a redshirt, you should still be learning the system.  I'm not saying most of the players for next season learned under Bo, but we have just had several crappy years with poor instruction.

• Tanner Farmer
  • Gerald Foster
  • Freedom A
  • Darlington
  • Reimers
  • Wilbon
  • Gifford
  • Stoltenberg

Edited by HuskerNation1
26 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Why yes, their 16,000 students are less then our 25,000 students. But their fan base blows because a lot of Nebraska fans didn't go to UNL.

I guess the 45 million people in CA have enough to do without picking college teams. Oh well. If you're a college kid come play for people who will support you or play your conference championship in front of 15,000.

Of the 16k students, only 7-8k are undergrads. Those are the ones who care most about college athletics, attending games, and being an alumni from that school. There are so many schools in Bay Area that it’s difficult for one school to attract that fan base, especially when that school is attended by elite students from all over the country.

Comparing NU to Stanford is an apples to oranges comparison. However, if you ask me which school provides the best combo of academics and athletics, that would be Stanford. I would send my son there in a heartbeat. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, Redreign22 said:

You would think with 40 million people a few could free up a Friday night. Both teams are from that area, dont even have to travel far.

But they also have a crapton of pro sports teams. In every sport. Nebraska has no other team to compete with the Huskers.

• Plus1 1