** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, LadyGlitterSparkles said:

Are you trolling? I don't know this board quite well enough yet, so I have to believe you're trolling. I seriously could not disagree with this entire post more. First off, as far as I'm concerned, Frost has had 2 great seasons as a head coach. Improving a team from 0-12 to 6-7 IS great. And that's 2 more great seasons as a head coach than Osborne had before he became NU's head coach. The implication that there's some magical age a coach has to be to be to belong here is laughable. Top 10 coaches Lincoln Riley (34), Kirby Smart (41), James Franklin (45), Clay Helton (45) and Dabo Swinney (48) all say, "Hey." No, they're not Tom Osborne level yet, but neither was Tom Osborne when he started. Every single person I've talked to realizes that Frost has a tough road ahead of him and the almost unanimous opinion is that he needs a solid 5 years before expectations even begin to ramp up. Basically everyone just wants improvement. As for people who don't like him or his family, that's the most petty, ignorant thing I've ever heard. I could not care less if the coach at NU is someone I'd like to sit down and have a drink with. I think Saban comes across as a world class d-bag while I would pay good money to spend an afternoon listening to Mike Leach just ramble on. Guess who I'd rather have as my coach.

I'd take the d-bag too.

• Plus1 2

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'd think that if Frost & Co. win today, that Frost and his team would like to celebrate... leads me to think it'll be announced Sunday as opposed to today.

He'll celebrate with his team but the return to Lincoln will be an even bigger celebration.

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

If he doesn't, he and his family, even his third cousins twice removed, will have to flee the country to Brazil or some place.  That is what's wrong here.  There seems to be this 'second coming' kind of admiration and worship of Scott Frost.  I am just not sure why.   He did good things as a player and he has been successful as an assistant coach for the most part anyway.  As a HC, he has had one great season.  That is hardly the resume' of the next Bear Bryant or Tom Osborne or Meyer or any of a dozen other great coaches.  Nearly all the truly great coaches became great in their 50s and even 60s.  Frost is 42 or so - meaning we have to wait another 10 years for him to get into that great vintage category.   Are all the Frosties really ready to wait patiently and stop complaining about each and every little thing while he becomes great?   I am just wondering as this mob mentality is the worst I've ever seen regarding Husker football.  

I am not so sure that Husker Nation is as 'united' on this Frost Warning as some would suggest.   I know a few folks who personally know the Frost family (Scott and parents in particular) and they are fairly unanimous in their dislike and lack of respect.   I don't want to throw water on your bonfire but I think everybody needs to slow down on the Kool Aid party - its been so long and many are so thirsty its understandable but still.   Take a deep breath and get real people.  

I will be one of few,but I agree with SOME PONTS........

if Frost doesn't win, what then.  I think most are willing to give him as much time as needed (5 years) to show improvement.  He has to change a whole culture.  Not an easy task.  If not, do we eat our own?  HUGE risk for NU and bigger for FROST.  A confident man steps into this possible whirlwind and rides it.  This decision alone, speaks volumes to me......Similar to this quote:

The Devil whispered in my ear, “You’re not strong enough to withstand the storm.” Today I whispered in the Devil’s car, “I am the storm.”

But we cant forgot, TO was almost run off for failure to be OU, failure to win a bowl game in 8 straight tries.......Older fans collective memories seem to not remember TO wasn't always the "man" fans remember him to be......

TO was the OC.....

Dabo was the receivers coach.......

Plenty of young guys without a decade body of work have succeeded.....

Frost is probably the best "get we can get" right now that checks all the blocks....Others might have better resumes, but don't check the blocks....What are your thoughts on Venables?  Moorhead?.....

I'd probably avoid making it personal abou his family.  I can care less.  I want a winning coach.  I'm sure I can name a list of players not liked, but are guys I'd take back in a heart beat...

Lastly, losers hate winners.  Call it jealousy, envy, lack of confidence, or whatever.  High achievers do seek out high achievers....He wins by holding others accountable.....

RED STORM RISING!

Edited by lo country
  • Plus1 5

17 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

The stuff Gameday is saying about Frost to Oregon is ultimately all to the better for the Huskers because he isn't going there, he's coming to Lincoln.

By the time the story is out, it will become clear that Nebraska beat out many top of the top programs in the country for our new head coach. When is the last time we could say that? As far as I can tell, the answer to that question is "never".

It couldn't have worked out better that Scott is having such a great season and is in high demand in a year when so many top jobs have opened. His name has been continually in the news and Nebraska will reap the benefits (from recruits and national relevance). Cheer like crazy for UCF today! It will make this all the sweeter if they win today just prior to Frost being named as Nebraska's head coach!

But once Scott is announced, all Husker fans need to pull together like we've not done in many years. Next season will be a challenge for Frost and for us. Nebraska football is in a hole and we can only climb out by working together to support the program by refusing to give in to harsh criticism (and by calling out the local media when they push us down that road).

The Big Red is poised to rise again but it will take all of us working together to make it happen! 

We know that when Frost does come to Nebraska, the talking heads won't feel any shame.  They'll just pass it off with "Well, did anybody REALLY expect him to go elsewhere...it is his home after all."  

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Frost better get on the quick. We’re down to 8. Jeez, don’t they know the big red is rising? 

I'm assuming you are referring to the Mario Goodrich de-commitment?

Kids want to be pursued by the new head coach. It's hard to blame them. If Scott wants Goodrich, it wouldn't surprise me if he still ends up "N".

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

We know that when Frost does come to Nebraska, the talking heads won't feel any shame.  They'll just pass it off with "Well, did anybody REALLY expect him to go elsewhere...it is his home after all."  

Meh, let the naysayers naysay. The truth is, many did not expect him to come back to a 4-8 Nebraska.

We know it. They know it.

Go Big Red !!!