** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

25 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

How can people keep using the argument that you shouldn't criticize fan base for not showing up to important games because they're too busy, or have too many area teams, or traffic is hard, or whatever. 

All they're doing is agreeing and giving the reasons their fan bases are bad.  They'd rather go to Disney for the umpteenth time instead of a home game between ranked teams or they're fans of other teams and the college team is not important.

It's a home conference championship game in a 45,000 seat stadium and I'm sure Memphis got some tickets.

They arent a very good fan base if they don't show up to support an undefeated team playing a home conference championship game.

It looks like more people showed up after the first quarter. Maybe they finished getting their hair done.

It's also not like they are truly weighing watching an undefeated team in a championship game against riding roller coasters. Orlando is not a good sports town because they don't like sports very much. Disney or no Disney. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Who is the 'they' that you're referring to?

Because the fans that say they want to be in the P5 are the fans that go to the games. Are you talking about the athletic department? They can't make people show up for their games - they've certainly done a lot to try and brand themselves as Orlando's team and get more interest. So, who are you talking about, and what would you have them do?

I'm not quite sure what your arguments are. It seems all you do is wait for other people to post and you argue with them. I went to college with a guy who thought he was smarter than everyone and just argued about everything to prove how smart he was. Is your name Adam by chance? 

• Plus1 7

1 minute ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Normally i would be right there with you, but it's tacky to throw the red clothing on when we are about to take their coach.  

Which is exactly what I was saying. I don’t care if you wear Nebraska stuff to a Virginia vs Miami game, but when you’re wearing it to the UCF game, you know exactly what you’re doing. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Lol who are you to say what anyone does with their lives. I've seen people wear other schools clothing at games. Get over it 

Yeah it happens all the time. I've seen plenty of Iowa and KST fans at NU games over years. I've even seen Tennessee fans in memorial stadium... The worst are the NU fans who appear to be fans of the other team. Forrest Gump: It happens.

This might be the last time one of those Husker fans gets a chance to watch a Frost coached team in person. Who knows.

Edited by Oade
  • Plus1 1
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I'm not quite sure what your arguments are. It seems all you do is wait for other people to post and you argue with them. I went to college with a guy who thought he was smarter than everyone and just argued about everything to prove how smart he was. Is your name Adam by chance? 

I like arguing on internet messageboards because it's fun. Not too different than most others, I'd imagine. My argument is that it's bad form to compare and condescendingly scoff at a smaller fanbase in a huge city full of transplants who didn't grow up in the area rooting for the local teams and who have tons of other things and distractions around them. Also, that the people that show up for the games are just as much fans as we are, so, again, who are you talking about? 

Are you interested in actually explaining your position? 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, fire mike said:

Which is exactly what I was saying. I don’t care if you wear Nebraska stuff to a Virginia vs Miami game, but when you’re wearing it to the UCF game, you know exactly what you’re doing. 

what if they are actually fans of both institutions but they just happen to be bigger fans of nebraska? is it still wrong to support both at the same time?

• Plus1 1