** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

On 11/30/2017 at 11:00 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I agree.  He worked on 3 of Alabama's championship teams which isn't a bad resume.  He also worked at Clemson as a recruiting coordinator and the 2008 class finished second in team rankings.  I believe this was before Clemson got real good too...perhaps it's why Clemson became so good.

Clemson became good after he was let go. He was a decent recruiting coach but a horrible OC. Also, worked as a student with the team when I was in school...and he’s a complete douche.

1 minute ago, killer cacti said:

Clemson became good after he was let go. He was a decent recruiting coach but a horrible OC. Also, worked as a student with the team when I was in school...and he’s a complete douche.

Hey!  Haven't seen you for awhile. Congrats on your beat down of the U!

To your point, whoever is OC here, it will be in name only, for the most part as Frost calls his own plays.

36 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Now I completely understand his emotions and attachment to UCF and his players, coaches and fans. Absolutely understand that, but I don't know if his silence on the Nebraska job and explaining how difficult it is to leave Orlando and UCF is out of respect for UCF and his players and letting this day be about them and their title, or if again, Frost feels like he has to come to Nebraska to save what is a dying program, instead of wanting to come here.

It's totally understandable. His dream job opened maybe a year or two before he really wanted to think about taking it. He's having the time of his life in Orlando. He's taking the dream job because it's exactly that. Part of what makes Frost such a great coach is his ability to relate and connect with his players. He's coming off of that now and the Huskers get that beginning tomorrow. It's OK to enjoy this. Feels weird, but we are allowed! 

On 11/30/2017 at 8:03 AM, HuskerNation1 said:

I would love Venables but simply do not see him leaving Clemson...especially because he is high on Arkansas' list for a head coach. 

Venables makes damn near 2 million. Worth every penny. I know every coach says stuff like this, but when questioned about other jobs this week, his quote was something like ‘why would I leave here? I love it here, have a great job, and my son is playing here starting next year.’

Maybe I’m crazy, but if I’m making that much $$$, in a low cost of living area, and didn’t have the pressure on me that a head coach has, I’m staying. It’s also his first chance to coach his son, and I can only imagine how much that means to him since I’m sure coaches on that level miss a lot of time with their kids due to recruiting.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

Revival of the Victory Bell?

We should rotate one of our non-conference games every year with a different Big 8 team.

We’ve already got Colorado and Oklahoma lined up.

I’d love to eventually see us start a home/home with Missouri, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State.

Preeeeeetty sure the fans would be down for that.  Amirite?

• Plus1 2