** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

So I love how this staff has already come out of the gates firing in recruiting. I love how with a simple announcement of Frost being named Nebraska head coach Nebraska seems "cool" again and feels like it has an identity. I loved seeing Frost's emotions after that UCF win. I love how this whole thing came together and major props to Moos. I love that Frost is our head coach and it is still hard to believe we actually got him and we are at this point. The excitement and hope for the future of Nebraska football hasn't been this high in 20+ years. The moment Frost was announced as coach today and things started falling into place so rapidly, it just felt like a perfect fit.

However, I am still uneasy. Why? Shortly after all the sources started pouring out that Frost was Nebraska's next head coach there was this one little article that floated out there saying Frost was getting cold feet and had a tough decision to make after the conference title game. Then Frost is announced as head coach at Nebraska, but and please help me here if I am wrong, I have not seen anything that says he's signed anything yet, and I haven't even seen a statement from Frost regarding accepting the job. I've heard from media and other people reporting he is the coach, but nothing from Frost. The only thing I've heard from him is saying things like he wants to retire in Orlando when he is done with coaching and that, to the Orlando media, you will see me a lot around here this winter.

I was all for him coaching the bowl game for UCF, thought as long as he had signed and we had him and he was 100% N, him coaching in a NY6 bowl would be free publicity for Nebraska and help with recruiting as all the announcers would be talking about is Frost to Nebraska. But, given I have yet to read anything from Frost saying he's taken the job, or really seems excited for the job and more so hearing more from him that he loves UCF and its tough to leave, etc. it makes me a little worried. Is Frost coming to Nebraska because he WANTS to come to Nebraska? Or is he coming to Nebraska because he feels he has to?

Now I completely understand his emotions and attachment to UCF and his players, coaches and fans. Absolutely understand that, but I don't know if his silence on the Nebraska job and explaining how difficult it is to leave Orlando and UCF is out of respect for UCF and his players and letting this day be about them and their title, or if again, Frost feels like he has to come to Nebraska to save what is a dying program, instead of wanting to come here.

Sorry to sound like a downer on a great day for Nebraska football, but I just hope Frost wants to be at Nebraska.

You already got a reply noting the official press release, but I wanted to add that the fact that they're hitting recruits literally tonight tells me there's a fire in Scott and his staff that will take this state by storm.  From what we've seen so far since the game today, it sure doesn't feel like the outcome of a guy with cold feet or remorse.  HCSF and the staff that he's bringing with him have been doing planning well before this day on levers they needed to pull instantly.

I'm wondering if these inside source leaks about cold feet and remorse are some sort of planned lip service from SF to sort of soften the blow to UCF so they wouldn't be as offended with the almost instant gear shifting he's doing.  I mean c'mon...he wore a red/white shirt on the way to the game :ahhhhhhhh

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Midwest said:

You already got a reply noting the official press release, but I wanted to add that the fact that they're hitting recruits literally tonight tells me there's a fire in Scott and his staff that will take this state by storm.  From what we've seen so far since the game today, it sure doesn't feel like the outcome of a guy with cold feet or remorse.  HCSF and the staff that he's bringing with him have been doing planning well before this day on levers they needed to pull instantly.

I'm wondering if these inside source leaks about cold feet and remorse are some sort of planned lip service from SF to sort of soften the blow to UCF so they wouldn't be as offended with the almost instant gear shifting he's doing.  I mean c'mon...he wore a red/white shirt on the way to the game :ahhhhhhhh

Yeah don't kid yourself. Frost acts on emotions he wears his heart on his sleeve but right now he feels like he's on top of the world. He should and does feel excited I believe in finally reaching his goal. I really don't think fans realize how fortunate we are and how much he wants to be here. His loyalty to Big Red is unbreakable. Not to mention he's making big bucks now even though he says it's not about the money that is until it begins to hit your bank account.

The most exciting thing to me is this is a hire that the players are rallying behind current and former. That energy and positivity is something that can be built upon. It's a fantastic hire and Nebraska definitely did it the right way this time.

Edited by FTW
  • Plus1 4
8 hours ago, 614Husker said:

Well I have an announcement to make.  Mods - please be ready to lock me up.

i was permanently banned the night of the win over Michigan st. in 2015.   I was banned because I tried to warn everyone that Riley beating Michigan St. would be the worst thing that ever happened to the program.  And sure enough it was.  

We now have the coach I believe can turn this thing around.  I came back bc I wanted to be included in the community for this monumental moment in Husker history.  I’m so happy we finally have leaders who are professional, confident, and can accurately read the needs of the program.  Nebraska will be back.  There will be hatred along the way.  Media talking heads, radio voices do not want to have to report on Nebraska being a power again.  They now have no choice. 

So so I confess and take any impending punishment.  But so glad I got to celebrate this day on the board.  Welcome home, Scott.

7 hours ago, 614Husker said:

No, I was right.  I saw the product on the field was horrendous and a fluke win of that magnitude would send a false sense of security in a terrible on field product.

and let’s think about...a good coach would build off such a win.  But that clown staff wouldn’t know a good thing if it happened by accident...which it did.  That win culminated in the embarrassment of this season, bc sure we beat Michigan st, but people seemed to forget this was the same staff that lost to Illinois and Purdue in such epic fashion.

First of all, as long as you're not a nuisance I don't think any mods or posters will mind you being back. Welcome back.

Second of all, get over yourself.

Third of all, you weren't right. The worst thing that ever happened to the program? Really? Riley was fired in three years. I guess if he wouldn't have beat MSU then he would have been fired after his 9 win season last year? No. You were wrong. That win ultimately didn't have any kind of negative effect on our program at all. Unless you can point to any actual evidence of how that win hurt our program, which you can't, because it didn't.

• Plus1 3

For anyone still wondering if he feels like he HAS to be here:

1.  Read that awesome press release

2. Already hitting the recruiting trail as of last night

3. He's a grown man that can make his own decisions.  He chose us, so there you go.

• Plus1 5

I don't doubt it at all and if anything I think it shows how much he cares about UCF.  I just left a school I had been at for over a decade, I coached there I started new programs there, I loved the students and most of the families, I loved most of the staff and I hated the administration with a passion.  I was offered a new job and took it but even though I hated my current bosses I still really had a hard time accepting the new job and thought about backing out many times.  Even when I got to my new job in August I felt like I wanted to go back.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't doubt it at all and if anything I think it shows how much he cares about UCF.  I just left a school I had been at for over a decade, I coached there I started new programs there, I loved the students and most of the families, I loved most of the staff and I hated the administration with a passion.  I was offered a new job and took it but even though I hated my current bosses I still really had a hard time accepting the new job and thought about backing out many times.  Even when I got to my new job in August I felt like I wanted to go back.

Was it your dream job?  Did you win a championship there as a player? Just wondering 

4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Was it your dream job?  Did you win a championship there as a player? Just wondering 

Was the new job my dream job?  That is a good question, I don't know but I also am not sure what my dream job is, well, I am sure what it is but I can't post it here because some people will freak out :)

And no, I didn't win a championship there as a player, I won two of them at the school I left though.

But like I said, I had doubts about leaving, I think that is normal.  I don't think it is a bad thing.

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think that there is something to be said about being comfortable too. I'm sure SF was comfortable at UCF - he can win there, he can recruit there, his players already love him. Leaving your comfort zone can be tough, but that's where the good s#!t happens.