** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, DD325 said:

Do you think the transition will be quicker & smoother in the fact that Scott has probably watched a lot of Husker games and may already know a lot of the starters names and is familiar with the facilities?

Not to beat you up too much - but do you think no other coach taking over a team watches tapes or learns olayers names?  Your post is naaive.  

6 minutes ago, DD325 said:

Do you think the transition will be quicker & smoother in the fact that Scott has probably watched a lot of Husker games and may already know a lot of the starters names and is familiar with the facilities?

I think the transition will go smoother and quicker because our AD looked our coach and kids in the eye and explained his decision. Then our coach respectfully told his guys to appreciate where they are and realize the great opportunity they have. Eichorst hurt his own hire the way he went about firing Bo. There is no division or confusion this time around. 

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think the transition will go smoother and quicker because our AD looked our coach and kids in the eye and explained his decision. Then our coach respectfully told his guys to appreciate where they are and realize the great opportunity they have. Eichorst hurt his own hire the way he went about firing Bo. There is no division or confusion this time around. 

One thing I'll never understand is the amount of flack Pelini got for the recording of his final meeting with the players.  He said, in an albeit very unflattering way, what a majority of fans seem to be saying about Eichorst now.

I wish the past 3 years never happened, but without them we wouldn't be at this exciting juncture we find ourselves at.

• Plus1 1

Just now, funhusker said:

One thing I'll never understand is the amount of flack Pelini got for the recording of his final meeting with the players.  He said, in an albeit very unflattering way, what a majority of fans seem to be saying about Eichorst now.

I wish the past 3 years never happened, but without them we wouldn't be at this exciting juncture we find ourselves at.

I don't care if what he said was true or not, it was a low move on his part. It's one thing for fans to say things about the AD. But for the coach to tell his team that on the way out of the door completely undermines the next coach. It's on Eichorst, the way he treated Bo and his entire handling of that situation was bad, but if you are Bo you have to be more mature than that. 

• Plus1 2

Just watched the CFP and am shocked Alabama weaseled there way in again.  The SEC is down this year and Bama's schedule was not very tough, especially when you factor in that Florida State was ranked #3 when Bama beat them, and we all know that FSU was really bad this year.  OSU certainly looked bad against Iowa, but the committee basically is saying that 2 SEC teams are better than any in the BIG.  I don't buy it.  

If the committee was looking at a 1-loss team that did not win their championship, why not select Wisconsin who also lost their final game of the season, but also won one more game than Bama.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, marko polo said:

Some of us thought we should of hired Frost three yrs. ago and if we had think how much further along we would be now.

It wouldn't have happened.

Frost's close relationship with Osborne would not have received Perlman's approval....

....and Osborne would have advised Frost how Perlman was operating behind the scenes.

Now that Perlman is retired, we can get the football ship sailing again.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't care if what he said was true or not, it was a low move on his part. It's one thing for fans to say things about the AD. But for the coach to tell his team that on the way out of the door completely undermines the next coach. It's on Eichorst, the way he treated Bo and his entire handling of that situation was bad, but if you are Bo you have to be more mature than that. 

I think a agree with you.  I say "unflattering" you say "immature", I think we both agree it could and should have been handled better.  We both agree on Eichorst.

No matter what we agree on, in an alternate world, Frost wouldn't be in Lincoln today if a cheerful Bo Pelini churned out a 9-4 season for the Huskers this past year.

The(poorly communicated) point of my original post: No matter where fans fell on the firing of Pelini, without it, Nebraska most likely wouldn't be announcing Frost as the coach today.

Edited by funhusker