** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think a agree with you.  I say "unflattering" you say "immature", I think we both agree it could and should have been handled better.  We both agree on Eichorst.

No matter what we agree on, in an alternate world, Frost wouldn't be in Lincoln today if a cheerful Bo Pelini churned out a 9-4 season for the Huskers this past year.

Right. Regardless of what happen it seems to have all had it's purpose. Frost will have full support from fans, media and players. 

3 minutes ago, marko polo said:

Some of us thought we should of hired Frost three yrs. ago and if we had think how much further along we would be now.

I think Frost's probability of success is higher now than it was 3 years ago.  He got to experience being a head coach in a much lower stress situation.  He knows what to expect from the job and which will help as he handles the pressure of a big program.  The past 3 years have sucked, but I'm glad Frost is in a better position to help us.

• Plus1 2

Don't get too excited yet.  I remember people doing backflips after Callahan's first full year when he recruited some highly rated players - Marlon Lucky and Harrison Beck come to mind? - with people almost wetting third pants with predictions of immediate return to glory,  NC's in two years, Heisman Trophies, etc.  Beck transferred, Lucky was just fairly good, and Callahan fell flat on his face.

7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It wouldn't have happened.

Frost's close relationship with Osborne would not have received Perlman's approval....

....and Osborne would have advised Frost how Perlman was operating behind the scenes.

Now that Perlman is retired, we can get the football ship sailing again.

Who cares about what ifs and make belief.   This is the reality and we have a fantastic coach.