** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, MichiganDad3 said:

I am OK with OSU being out, but I am not OK with Alabama being in. USC or UCF should be in.

On that we 100% agree.  People wanting to expand this baby to 8 should know that SEC schools will have the reason to never play anyone good.  Expand to 8 and we may have seen two of the at large bids go to SEC schools.  8 in would have brought 3 SEC schools.

So during his press conference Frost talked about needing to get some sleep, and very rightfully so. A few hours later I find out he took a in home visit to a Lincoln recruit who is currently committed to Wisconsin and offered him a scholarship. Frost is a machine. Oh, and why he wasn't a local kid who is committed to Wisconsin (who has obliterated us the last few times) not given a scholarship before yesterday? Wow.

• Plus1 4
21 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

On that we 100% agree.  People wanting to expand this baby to 8 should know that SEC schools will have the reason to never play anyone good.  Expand to 8 and we may have seen two of the at large bids go to SEC schools.  8 in would have brought 3 SEC schools.

There should be a stipulation that no non-conference winners make the playoffs.

36 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

If Ohio State wanted in, they shouldn't have taken a huge crap in Iowa.  Local Cleveland talk show yesterday morning agreed they shouldn't be in either.  They said it was better to not have them in then to have them take a big crap against Clemson again.  Urban Meyer's team continue to underperform.  They were 2 to 3 touchdowns better in talent to Wisky and let them stay in the game and comeback late.  JT Barrett graduating will help them.

YEAH AND CLEVELAND KNOWS FOOTBALL!

10 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

So during his press conference Frost talked about needing to get some sleep, and very rightfully so. A few hours later I find out he took a in home visit to a Lincoln recruit who is currently committed to Wisconsin and offered him a scholarship. Frost is a machine. Oh, and why he wasn't a local kid who is committed to Wisconsin (who has obliterated us the last few times) not given a scholarship before yesterday? Wow.

Chill man. Riley wanted to offer him bit our defensive staff thought we didn't have room because we have another in state kid committed at the same position. Frost is great and all but why do we have to keep taking shots at the last regime. Its all over and jts honestly really annoying. We can celebrate how great Frost is without creating these narratives.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

Just make the playoff 16-24 teams already. No excuse not to.

An 8 team playoff would be plenty. How many years are there more than 8 teams in the country that could actually win a championship? I'd argue most years there probably aren't even that many.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 2

9 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

So, as a far out example.  The West Division champion has a record of 6 and 6 but still wins the division.  The East Division champion goes 12/0, but get beat by one point in the Championship game.  All other conferences have winners with 1 or two losses regular season.  The B1G team that went 12/0 and had one bad game is automatically out?

This is how every other div does it.  Win your conference and you are in the playoffs.  

I've said from the beginning that an 8 team playoff with 5 power 5 champs guaranteed 5 spots in the playoffs with the conf championship game being an impromptu wildcard play in. Then you have 2 at large spots and the highest ranked group of 5 team getting the final spot that the Cinderella story that the media and fans crave. You're not finding many teams outside of those with much claim to say they deserve an outside shot at the championship.

Edited by Army_Allen
  • Plus1 1