** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You can't have 16 games in a college season, I dont think. Just force all P5 schools to play a 9 game conference schedule and it would work itself out. No matter if it's 4 or 8, there will be complaining. Clemson vs UCF wouldn't be close. Maybe I'm not as high on the Knights as everyone else. 

We have blowouts now with four so I dont think that holds water was an argument against 8. I want to see any actual PLAYOFF.  Make conference titles mean something. 5 champs plus 3 at large and actually give the UCF and Boise type schools a shot.  The NFL postseason is still so much better. A UCF cinderella run to the title game? That would be fantastic tv.

21 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You can't have 16 games in a college season, I dont think. Just force all P5 schools to play a 9 game conference schedule and it would work itself out. No matter if it's 4 or 8, there will be complaining. Clemson vs UCF wouldn't be close. Maybe I'm not as high on the Knights as everyone else. 

An undefeated team at the FBS level deserves a shot. 

About Frost -

He  admitted that mistakes and losses will come, but there will be improvement. We most likely aren't going to be a top 10 team right away, so I would so humbly ask Husker Nation to be patient and give this thing time. There are certainly going to be some grumblers, but I'd hope most of us will remember that there are indeed better days ahead.

He also said that there hasn't been complete unity for a good while, and that's probably at least since Solich, maybe since Osborne. We all need to get behind this thing. I hope I don't hear our team or coaches booed or see Memorial Stadium half-empty at any time before a game is over. Those days need to be over.

Welcome home, Scott, and Go Big Red!

• Plus1 4

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Of course you have to stop it somewhere but I’d rather have #9 complaining they didn’t get in then #5.  

• Plus1 1

Every argument Saban tossed out in his "Please select Alabama tour" before the Championships were played could have been turned on him and used to select Wisconsin.  They had a similar but slightly better strength of schedule then Alabama and they only lost their last game to a top 10, 2 loss team on the road.  Plus Wisconsin played in the conference championship and won one more game this season.  In summary, Saban is a tool and any reason the selection committee used to justify Alabama applied equally to Wisconsin.  They just wanted 2 SEC teams and need to admit it without any song and dance attempt to cover that up.

I hope Georgia and Alabama lose in the first round and UCF beats Auburn.  I doubt I'll tune in to watch a Georgia/Alabama conference championship game if that's the way it ends up.

p.s.
SCOTT FROST IS NEBRASKA'S NEW COACH!!!!!

Edited by InOmaha
  • Plus1 4

Oh my gosh you guys, the stories that are coming out of that meeting with the 200 Nebraska Lettermen who came to welcome Scott Frost home are just so moving!  If you subscribe to the OWH check out the morning edition.  There was one letterman who was 85!  One was 79.  How a player gave up his scholarship to another player because the other kid needed it more than he did!  I loved it that Tommy Armstong said he would pay big bucks (or something to that effect!) to play for Scott for a year!  That these guys came to support one of their own is just incredible!  I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that moment! 

Edited by ladyhawke
It's Armstrong NOT Frazier! lol
  • Plus1 3