** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Oh my gosh you guys, the stories that are coming out of that meeting with the 200 Nebraska Lettermen who came to welcome Scott Frost home are just so moving!  If you subscribe to the OWH check out the morning edition.  There was one letterman who was 85!  One was 79.  How a player gave up his scholarship to another player because the other kid needed it more than he did!  I loved it that Tommy Fraizer said he would pay big bucks (or something to that effect!) to play for Scott for a year!  That these guys came to support one of their own is just incredible!  I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that moment! 

Tommy Armstrong* ;)

31 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Every argument Saban tossed out in his "Please select Alabama tour" before the Championships were played could have been turned on him and used to select Wisconsin.  They had a similar but slightly better strength of schedule then Alabama and they only lost their last game to a top 10, 2 loss team on the road.  Plus Wisconsin played in the conference championship and won one more game this season.  In summary, Saban is a tool and any reason the selection committee used to justify Alabama applied equally to Wisconsin.  They just wanted 2 SEC teams and need to admit it without any song and dance attempt to cover that up.

I hope Georgia and Alabama lose in the first round and UCF beats Auburn.  I doubt I'll tune in to watch a Georgia/Alabama conference championship game if that's the way it ends up.

p.s.
SCOTT FROST IS NEBRASKA'S NEW COACH!!!!!

Hell, defeat Saban with his own words criticizing the inclusion of OSU last year because they didn’t play in the Big CCG

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Husker56 said:

So, I pumped that SF is Nebraska's new coach! However, I now have nothing to do at work except focus on the job that I actually get paid to do. In hindsight, I spent way too much time researching Nebraska coaching rumors and not doing my job...

You still have a job so I wouldn't say too much.

• Plus1 1

Wanted to make sure I get another entry into this thread before it has run its course.  GO BIG RED!!!!!  I was seriously considering giving up my season ticket next season, I didn’t come home for one game this season.  I know my brother and family in Omaha sure didn’t mind using my tickets, but I am going to start booking flights in a few month for the majority of next season.  I am also coming home for the spring game.  

• Plus1 3

27 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

It'll be a must see game for me...UCF might just be out-gunned, but it would be fun to see them pull a surprise....and at least look decent.

I think UCF will be more motivated as Auburn will see the Peach Bowl as a disappointing ending to the season while UCF will want to prove it can hang with the big boys.