** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Only the coach himself knows what that will take, but both his agent and the university will cite the salaries of comparative coaches to get negotiations started. 

I'm not convinced this happened with Harbaugh, though. I think Michigan just threw the biggest number they could afford at him. 

If his agent is worth having, I doubt we get Frost for much below five million per year and at least a five year contract.  There's an awful lot of leverage in their corner. 

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

If his agent is worth having, I doubt we get Frost for much below five million per year and at least a five year contract.  There's an awful lot of leverage in their corner. 

True. 

We think we have leverage because Scott would be coming home to his alma matter and adoring fanbase. No other suitor could match that.

But Frost has the leverage because we want him so damn bad -- to the point of fan revolt if we don't get him. No other suitor has to worry about "losing him" the way we do. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Honestly, if Bill Walsh comes to your kitchen in Wood River and wants you to play at one of the finest and most expensive universities in America, you'd be kinda crazy to say no.

But some of the bad blood rumors might still be true, and I don't think Carol would discuss them on the radio. 

I believe there were some issues. Rumor at the time was Larry wanted a job in the athletic department. Or maybe Carol. Or both. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I have said this numerous times.  You don't pay for the candidate/person, you pay for the job.  If NU wants to be a top ten team, NU needs to pay in the top ten salary range, of all of college.

And I've asked many times before, is Frost worth it? And there has to be a max. What is the max?  Just speculation but that's what forums are for. 

If Frost gets UCF to a NY6 bowl a Herman-esque contract should hopefully follow.  I'm not sure if I can see Nebraska offering a guy like Frost $5.25mm to start mostly because well, it's Texas and they do it big down there.  That being said, I can easily see $4-$4.5mm.  Anything less than $4mm/yr is not a good look.  Shoot you've got Brohm making $3.3mm at Purdue.  Although this week's point spread suggests otherwise...Nebraska job>>Purdue job.  I hope Nebraska doesn't make a mistake assuming Frost is going to take a hometown discount.  For this instance I do like that Moos is a brand new outsider.  He hasn't gotten a chance to be sucked in by Nebraska's....frugalality.

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And I've asked many times before, is Frost worth it? And there has to be a max. What is the max?  Just speculation but that's what forums are for. 

The max is probably what Herman got from Texas which is $5.25/yr for 5 years with $25mm of the contract guaranteed.  Herman also gets an automatic raise of $250k per year plus incentive bonuses.

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Good basis.

Yeah I think any potential offer for Frost will be close.  Herman has a little bit stronger of a track record (as an OC at least) than Frost only because Herman has been OC at multiple schools successfully (Rice, ISU, Ohio State, Texas State) while Frost only has OC experience at Oregon.  It's definitely picking nits haha.

8 hours ago, jessica0 said:

And Wisconsin fans said that Dave Aranda loved being in Madison so much he would never leave. Well, he left to LSU. Houston fans said Tom Herman's wife loved Houston so much that they would not leave. Well, they left. They always leave. They never love it like fans pretend they do. 

If I was making millions, I’d have a house in both places.

6 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Transcript of comment from Aaron Taylor:

"From conversations I have had with him....this is his dream job, relationship with the AD is a big factor, money doesn't mean a thing to him and we would obviously pay his assistants well. He is a little worried about the big fishbowl that this job has become and talked about enjoy the anonymity at his previous jobs. He is set to have a baby next week and Larry and Carol would also push hard also to have that grandbaby back in Nebraska. His latest visit with me on style of offense is a Nebraska style inside zone game and quasi Oregon outside zone game. He believes in the run game and would like something close to 65/35 run/pass game. If you compare his current offense to Osbornes, you will see a lot of similarities in the blocking schemes...even on those outside zone plays. Defensively he likes the attacking style and would bring his DC Erik Chinander with him. This guy is a big up and comer and in my opinion would restore the order...he is a good dude too."

This was posted elsewhere so I don't have the original link. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

If I was making millions, I’d have a house in both places.

When would he use the one in FL?   Perhaps during the holiday break, if he's not preparing for a bowl game?   Definitely not during the hot and humid FL summer when the university is at summer break.

1 hour ago, GamingGlen said:

When would he use the one in FL?   Perhaps during the holiday break, if he's not preparing for a bowl game?   Definitely not during the hot and humid FL summer when the university is at summer break.

Any time he’s recruiting down there.... whenever his wife wants to be there.

I spent a summer in Pensacola when I was young. Yes, it’s humid...but we spent most of the time in the pool or at the beach.

Definitely better than going to the beach here.

Nighttime there at a bar on the beach with the band playing on the sand is magical.

They may also like hanging out with Mickey and Goofy, who knows?

Edited by Hayseed