** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

51 minutes ago, FTW said:

I don't know that Benning has some personal vendetta against Frost, but he sure sounds like he's trying to prepare the fan base for disappointment and doesn't expect Scott to come here.

People who are close to the program have been wrong before. Maybe Frost has no interest but when you begin to see former players not named Damon Benning going to bat for Frost and some media outlets saying he IS interested from unnamed sources, it makes you wonder if those sources are former teammates of Scott Frost.

Former players talking directly with Frost gives this a whole lot more realism to it than some national guys guessing through various channels of communication. 

The other rumor on their broadcast was Tennessee would offer more than Nebraska ever could and that Frost has even said he'd be stupid not to go there with how easy it is to recruit.

I see a couple things that standout to me. The AT comment that Nebraska is a fishbowl and that Frost doesn't like to travel/recruit. And TN would be easy for him to recruit there moreso than Nebraska. I agree with Damon Benning that we as a fan base need to hit pause and breathe for a second and prepare for the possibility that Frost might say no.

If that happens, I still think Riley's time is done here and the safe hire route may be the way to go i.e. a Matt Campbell @ ISU situation or any other up and coming P5 coach.

Just now, FTW said:

The other rumor on their broadcast was Tennessee would offer more than Nebraska ever could and that Frost has even said he'd be stupid not to go there with how easy it is to recruit.

I see a couple things that standout to me. The AT comment that Nebraska is a fishbowl and that Frost doesn't like to travel/recruit. And TN would be easy for him to recruit there moreso than Nebraska. I agree with Damon Benning that we as a fan base need to hit pause and breathe for a second and prepare for the possibility that Frost might say no.

If that happens, I still think Riley's time is done here and the safe hire route may be the way to go i.e. a Matt Campbell @ ISU situation or any other up and coming P5 coach.

TN isn't easy to recruit to. It never has been since I started following college football decades ago. THey also play teams every year that have easier time to recruit - Florida, Georiga, Alabama...and that doesn't include crossovers like A&M. 

What is ironic is Benning acts towards this Frost stuff the same way he complains about what the fans do. He needs to be careful and not let his personal feelings dictate what is the smart thing to do for his job and just speak of the subject and let personal feelings out of it. 

If Nebraska and others offer Frost a job at year end it’s really hard to imagine anything other than

1. He takes the Nebraska job

2. He stays at UCF

It would be like him pouring gasoline on the already ablaze house that is Nebraska football with all of his college friends and role model TO asking for help to put out the fire.

Strange things could happen but that would blow my mind that someone that went to UNL, won a title at UNL, is a native, has TO a role model and mentor would turn away and go to coach at Tennessee.

the comparison to Michigan's process of hiring Harbaugh is spot on from Sharp & Benning this AM. It really feels like we are at the point where if it isn't Frost a LOT of people are going to give up on the program. I'm even convinced if Nebraska hired a Chip Kelly/other big name instead of Frost people would be disappointed it wasn't Scott. If it is Frost, everyone, including guys that haven't been seen/heard from in a while, will be on board together. Unite the fanbase. Moos has one job and one job only. Bring Scott home. 

• Plus1 3

33 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

TN isn't easy to recruit to. It never has been since I started following college football decades ago. THey also play teams every year that have easier time to recruit - Florida, Georiga, Alabama...and that doesn't include crossovers like A&M. 

What is ironic is Benning acts towards this Frost stuff the same way he complains about what the fans do. He needs to be careful and not let his personal feelings dictate what is the smart thing to do for his job and just speak of the subject and let personal feelings out of it. 

Damon sounds almost apathetic. I think that and he's just tired of us going in circles and hates seeing Nebraska become what it has over the years. I don't blame him. I think he's a realist and he calls it like he sees it. I think he sees it's a combination of not having the Jimmy's and Joe's in addition to poor development/coaching.

When those two are combined, you have outcomes like we've had so far and end up 3-4 as underdogs to Purdue.

• Plus1 1