** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Never played craps before?   A crapshoot means we'll be rolling the dice on an unknown commodity.   It's possible they have a winning roll, but it's doubtful.  

And yes, Frost is a sure thing if he comes. 

So what you're saying is that you don't understand craps. 

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

Like I said, it isn't the easiest place to recruit to. There are only 7 classes since 2002 at 10 or better. Bama has been in the top 10 for almost a decade straight now. COmpare those to Florida and Georgia. My statement remains solid. 

Your statement isn't solid at all.  Nearly half of the time, they have a top 10 recruiting class.  Go out and compare those recruiting results with the schools that have made the playoffs.  It's better than some/a lot of them.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Like I said, it isn't the easiest place to recruit to. There are only 7 classes since 2002 at 10 or better. Bama has been in the top 10 for almost a decade straight now. COmpare those to Florida and Georgia. My statement remains solid. 

Way to double down! If you are going to go down, that is the way to do it. 

Tennessee is in a great place to recruit. Make a list of schools that have had 7 classes since 2002 at 10 or better. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, junior4949 said:

Your statement isn't solid at all.  Nearly half of the time, they have a top 10 recruiting class.  Go out and compare those recruiting results with the schools that have made the playoffs.  It's better than some/a lot of them.

lol. A whole 10% below 50% is nowhere near half of the classes. SMH. 

TN has never been an easy place to recruit to and never will be. I repeat, EASY. People are obviously missing what easy means. Look the word up. 

Miami can be easy to recruit to. Ohio State can be easy to recruit to. USCw can be easy to recruit to. Texas can be easy to recruit to. 

SMH at some people. 

I have been 100% spot on this entire topic and I will end up being 100% spot on when Coach Frost is announced as the next head coach at Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, jessica0 said:

lol. A whole 10% below 50% is nowhere near half of the classes. SMH. 

TN has never been an easy place to recruit to and never will be. I repeat, EASY. People are obviously missing what easy means. Look the word up. 

Miami can be easy to recruit to. Ohio State can be easy to recruit to. USCw can be easy to recruit to. Texas can be easy to recruit to. 

SMH at some people. 

I have been 100% spot on this entire topic and I will end up being 100% spot on when Coach Frost is announced as the next head coach at Nebraska. 

Um, what?  The list was from 2002 to 2018.  I counted eight years in there where they had a 10 or higher recruiting class.  What's 2018-2002? 

1 minute ago, junior4949 said:

Um, what?  The list was from 2002 to 2018.  I counted eight years in there where they had a 10 or higher recruiting class.  What's 2018-2002? 

Yes, 8. I just did a quick glance and came up with 7. That still isn't half of the classes. 

Florida has more top 10 finishes in recruiting.

5 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

And yes, Frost is a sure thing if he comes. 

I think you really believe this. I believe at seasons end Frost will be the best realistic candidate with the greatest chance for success. I haven't fully investigated alternatives but the list of candidates are being filtered e.g. the Matt Campbell buyout.

1 hour ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Pretty much.  Unfortunately some people won’t be happy with any hire unless it’s Frost.

I think people will be happy when Riley is gone...then I think most fans will be "okay" as long as the next coach doesn't require a search on one of the following sites

www.netscape.com

www.askjeeves.com

www.LessReconizableThanRiley.com

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Bo could've stayed forrever if he kept winning at least 9, except he couldn't help but acting like Bo.  

I think we remember that differently. Bo could have stayed longer AND kept acting like an ass if he'd won 11 games/a conference championship/avoided big game meltdowns. 

IIRC virtually everyone on this here HuskerBoard found Bo Pelini's consistent 4 loss seasons unsatisfying, and demanded to see some kind of improvement the next season. Most were rooting for Bo to breakthrough, and probably most weren't quite ready to fire him, but let's not pretend 9 - 4 seasons that ended with Nebraska unranked and irrelevant could have gone on forever. We'd happily give Scott Frost three 9 - 4 seasons, but if he was starting his 8th season with Nebraska still stuck the conference's second tier, we'd hear the exact same grumbling. 

Making us no different from at least 30 programs who like to think themselves relevant to college football.