** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

This just reaffirms what ADS said in another thread, jessica0 doesnt know what she/he is saying

I mentioned it is easier to recruit there in a few posts back. I guess some people don't do research anymore? On another note, Tennessee wants the right coach. If they go hard after SF, I wonder if Moos and Nebraska backs off. Can we really afford to get into a bidding war with them? Or are we willing to for that matter?

The recruiting aspect of it, TN has far more advantages than us however, it's not his alma mater. So I think if we do butt heads with the Vols, we'll have the upper hand. Of course the job would need to be open at DONU. Everything is pure speculation at this point.

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I didn't say it was impossible to get a top 10 class. Go back and read what I said. It isn't the EASIEST place to recruit to. You can't just get in a car and half multiple 4-stars within a day drive for multiple schools like you can at Miami or Texas or Florida and others like USCw. 

The eastern part of TN doesn't produce much for football recruits. There aren't at on of recruits in TN on an annual basis and programs like Bama go hard at the same places in TN as TN does for their in-state recruiting. 

If you want an easy recruiting spot for an SEC job, you go to LSU or Florida. 

Tennessee has 50 players listed as a 3 star or higher according to 247

Tennessee has verbal commits from 3 of the top 4 in the state.  They are no more than 150 miles from Knoxville

Tennessee has verbal commitments from 8 of the top 25 players in the state.  They are no more than 150 miles from Knoxville

4 minutes ago, jaws said:

Lets see if I have this right. So the talking heads were making excuses for the next coach coming in case they couldn't recruit as well as Fulmer. However, the next few coaches were able to recruit at the same standard even though there has been little stability at the HC position and they haven't had much success on the field.

You aren't comprehending the topic. You have to bring kids to you like most schools in the country do from outside your area, much more so than places like Florida, Miami, USCw, etc. 

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

How many Husker fans would have been content with a more pleasant Bo Pelini failing to compete for the conference championship and getting blown out in nationally televised games for enternity? 

Let's not go there. It's over and done with, right? Obviously we couldn't put up with it any longer and his reputation here has hurt him career wise. Time to move on.

9 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I didn't say it was impossible to get a top 10 class. Go back and read what I said. It isn't the EASIEST place to recruit to. You can't just get in a car and half multiple 4-stars within a day drive for multiple schools like you can at Miami or Texas or Florida and others like USCw. 

The eastern part of TN doesn't produce much for football recruits. There aren't at on of recruits in TN on an annual basis and programs like Bama go hard at the same places in TN as TN does for their in-state recruiting. 

If you want an easy recruiting spot for an SEC job, you go to LSU or Florida. 

Have you ever been to Knoxville before? I can drive to Knoxville from my house in Northern Ohio within 6 hours. I can get there from Cincinnati in under 4 hours. There is a lot of football talent in that radius. VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, KY, OH

1 minute ago, jaws said:

Have you ever been to Knoxville before? I can drive to Knoxville from my house in Northern Ohio within 6 hours. I can get there from Cincinnati in under 4 hours. There is a lot of football talent in that radius. VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, KY, OH

Just because you can drive x miles within daylight time doesn't mean you can visit multiple schools throughout a day and see multiple prospects like you can at a USCw, Florida, and the likes. You still have to go outside of your immediate area. 

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Just because you can drive x miles within daylight time doesn't mean you can visit multiple schools throughout a day and see multiple prospects like you can at a USCw, Florida, and the likes. You still have to go outside of your immediate area. 

Have you driven in LA? Plus isn't that what a private jet is for?

Edited by jaws
2 minutes ago, FTW said:

Let's not go there. It's over and done with, right? Obviously we couldn't put up with it any longer and his reputation here has hurt him career wise. Time to move on.

In terms of what we expect of Nebraska football, it's not over and done with at all. 

Not so much the a-hole part. The winning part. 

It's also relevant to how college football views the Nebraska job. Frank Solich and Tom Osborne aren't over and done with, either.

8 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Tennessee has 50 players listed as a 3 star or higher according to 247

Tennessee has verbal commits from 3 of the top 4 in the state.  They are no more than 150 miles from Knoxville

Tennessee has verbal commitments from 8 of the top 25 players in the state.  They are no more than 150 miles from Knoxville

The state of Texas has 313 composite 3-stars ore higher. 313 vs 50......

Thus, the state of Texas alone has enough 3-stars or higher to fill up 12 FBS rosters for a full 25 recruiting class if every one of them stayed in their state. 

3 minutes ago, jaws said:

Yeah, they have a ridiculous amount of talent to choose from within a 500 mile radius, we do not. It's ironic that since our last NC, our in-state talent hasn't been quite as rich either then again we're losing out on some quality players to opposing schools. The next coach has to embrace the in-state HS talent and develop them. I don't think we can solely rely on CA, TX, or FL for that matter. Maybe get a few solid players from those areas every once in a while.

I also agree with DR that our walk-on program needs help. No longer do quality players want to come walk on to Nebraska because we don't have that perception of being a winner anymore.

With the right coach and staff in place, I think a quick turnaround is possible such as playing for a conference championship every other year. Once we get to that level, then we'll be on recruits' radar more often.