** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

But it's been more than just her that has been saying Frost is coming here.  Ive seen some people with some very high post counts say that they have heard the same.  Maybe we just believe it will be less disappointing if we say "he's not coming here".  That's what I gather.  Because face it, if he doesn't come here, a lot of this fan base is gonna feel betrayed.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, secretasianman said:

I think that Frost will remain at UCF.  In most of his recent interviews— including his latest press conference when he makes comments about being a new father, he consistently references how they’re building something special at UCF and talks about the unique cohesion with all of the assistants and even amongst the team.  

He is making the type of comments that would force anyone to question his integrity if he were to leave.  

I get get it —many coaches say, “I’m 100% committed to “State U.”

And then leave for a new position the next day.  I just don’t think that fits Scott’s character and therefore he stays.  

I get the feeling he's like a Boy Scout, trying to leave the place better than he found it. Whether he stays or goes, he wants the UCF program to continue to succeed. But you could be right and it wouldn't surprise me if he stayed right there.

4 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Nice to meet you coach Strong. 

What the hell, let's dive face-first into reading WAY too much into this. I'll start with this list of candidates and a couple others mentioned here. Spurrier's quote could be interpreted as ruling out...

Kelly, Stoops, Miles, etc. - not coaching any teams at the moment.

Strong, Norvell, Taggart - if 'this weekend' means in a game, those teams don't play this weekend.

Campbell, Mullen, Sumlin, Fuente - if the vague '3-4 weeks' implies that they might be coaching in a conference championship game, these guys are probably out.

That leaves... Frost and Patterson?

Or it could all be a complete load of BS. :LOLtartar

Edited by Toe

Some people are looking way too deep into Spurrier’s comments. All that can be taken from it is that the coach they are looking at is currently coaching, but even that is an assumption as he says almost 100%, really if you want to take anything away from what he said is that they are searching for a coach.