** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Exactly. He is young enough to where he can grow and he has shown he is a good enough coach to grow and adapt. Frost gets the gig and let him be at Nebraska for decades.

That is one of the big appeals to frost for me personally. I like he is young and loyal and would stay here for 20-30 years and give us good stability. Much Needed.

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

That is one of the big appeals to frost for me personally. I like he is young and loyal and would stay here for 20-30 years and give us good stability. Much Needed.

I will be glad if he can make it 10-15 years.  I am not expecting any coach to stay at NU for 20+ years and coach into their 60s-70s.

Just now, Sgt Red said:

I have said before the next HC no matter who it is is going to have a very hard time.  A very hard time breaking bad work habits and training in a new system.  I don't expect the next coach to have a winning season until year 2 or 3.  Those are my expectations of the next HC.

Thanks to Riley he has made us so low that we have no more expectations. A new coach can come in and win 3-5 games and just show emotion on the sidelines and we will be excited.

3 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Just to clarify then Meyer is dead to me. I am not saying he is not a great coach. I am saying given their talent supremacy to most of the teams they play- I am surprised they have not had more championships is all. THey have under achieved in big ten titles for that matter since he has been there. According to wikipedia he has only won 1 big ten title. 2014. 

2012 wasn't his fault. Undefeated and should have been playing for another NC. 

Michigan State tripped him up a couple times. No shame in that. 

I love it how people make it sound so easy. I mean, if you went on talent alone, Michigan should have had a bunch of B1G championships and NCs over the years. 

Btw, Nice Wikipedia reference. 

2 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Thanks to Riley he has made us so low that we have no more expectations. A new coach can come in and win 3-5 games and just show emotion on the sidelines and we will be excited.

I don't think the team knows how to fight over the entire season let alone one 4 quarter game right now.  That culture needs to be brought back.

Edited by Sgt Red
  • Plus1 1
Just now, jaws said:

I love it how people make it sound so easy. I mean, if you went on talent alone, Michigan should have had a bunch of B1G championships and NCs over the years. 

Urban Meyer is a great coach there is no denying that. He isn't likeable at all, but he is a great coach.

Although lets not pretend he inherited some disaster of a program at Ohio State. The Buckeyes had been the rulers of the B1G for like 25+ years.

1 minute ago, jaws said:

There are results and facts and excuses. EIther you get it done or you dont.

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

20 years would put him at 62. Thats not that old.

But, I expect more coaches to follow the Bob Stoops route and retire sooner rather than later.  The coaches make so much money now that there isn't the financial incentive to coach deep into their 60s and 70s.  Shoot, Tom Osborne retired from coaching at age 60.

Edited by ColoradoHusk
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

But, I expect more coaches to follow the Bob Stoops route and retire sooner rather than later.  The coaches make so much money now that there isn't the financial incentive to coach deep into their 60s and 70s.  Shoot, Tom Osborne retired at age 60.

Unfortunately Riley didn't take this approach.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

Urban Meyer is a great coach there is no denying that. He isn't likeable at all, but he is a great coach.

Although lets not pretend he inherited some disaster of a program at Ohio State. The Buckeyes had been the rulers of the B1G for like 25+ years.

I don't expect anyone to like Meyer and I didn't say Ohio State was a disaster. I just said it wasn't fair to Frost to compare him to Meyer.