brophog

** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

20 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Orlando Sentinel report this AM quotes a UCF staffer as saying Frost was considering calling Moos and backing out yesterday morning 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-mike-bianchi-1203-story,amp.html

I highly doubt that's the case.

Edited by Beez
  • Plus1 3

For anyone still wondering if he feels like he HAS to be here:

1.  Read that awesome press release

2. Already hitting the recruiting trail as of last night

3. He's a grown man that can make his own decisions.  He chose us, so there you go.

• Plus1 5

I don't doubt it at all and if anything I think it shows how much he cares about UCF.  I just left a school I had been at for over a decade, I coached there I started new programs there, I loved the students and most of the families, I loved most of the staff and I hated the administration with a passion.  I was offered a new job and took it but even though I hated my current bosses I still really had a hard time accepting the new job and thought about backing out many times.  Even when I got to my new job in August I felt like I wanted to go back.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't doubt it at all and if anything I think it shows how much he cares about UCF.  I just left a school I had been at for over a decade, I coached there I started new programs there, I loved the students and most of the families, I loved most of the staff and I hated the administration with a passion.  I was offered a new job and took it but even though I hated my current bosses I still really had a hard time accepting the new job and thought about backing out many times.  Even when I got to my new job in August I felt like I wanted to go back.

Was it your dream job?  Did you win a championship there as a player? Just wondering 

4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Was it your dream job?  Did you win a championship there as a player? Just wondering 

Was the new job my dream job?  That is a good question, I don't know but I also am not sure what my dream job is, well, I am sure what it is but I can't post it here because some people will freak out :)

And no, I didn't win a championship there as a player, I won two of them at the school I left though.

But like I said, I had doubts about leaving, I think that is normal.  I don't think it is a bad thing.

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I think that there is something to be said about being comfortable too. I'm sure SF was comfortable at UCF - he can win there, he can recruit there, his players already love him. Leaving your comfort zone can be tough, but that's where the good s#!t happens. 

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Was the new job my dream job?  That is a good question, I don't know but I also am not sure what my dream job is, well, I am sure what it is but I can't post it here because some people will freak out :)

And no, I didn't win a championship there as a player, I won two of them at the school I left though.

But like I said, I had doubts about leaving, I think that is normal.  I don't think it is a bad thing.

He may have had doubts, but I am doubting that he was thinking of calling Moos backing out Saturday Morning.  And who would he tell this to?  Frost just doesnt seem like the kind to make a rash decision.  This had been in the works for weeks, and it was calculated.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, olddominionhusker said:

Orlando Sentinel report this AM quotes a UCF staffer as saying Frost was considering calling Moos and backing out yesterday morning 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/open-mike/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-mike-bianchi-1203-story,amp.html

Don't buy it for a second. He just peaked at UCF. He's done all he could there. Just took them to an undefeated season. No where to go from there, but down. 

• Plus1 2

I'd be surprised if he was that conflicted to the degree that he was thinking of backing out (although it might explain why the announcers were a bit puzzled that the decision was already made when they said Frost acted like he was still debating on Friday).  He was going to leave UCF at some point whether this year or another year or two, so you might as well pick your "dream job".  He has already reached the top of what he can do there.  He was going to keep getting big offers each year from big Power 5 schools as long as he was successful.

Edited by Packerhuskerfan

Excited for the press conference today. I am more interested in this press conference then almost any game this season. It is starting to sink in that Frost is actually at Nebraska and how exciting to see the fire and intensity this staff is already doing on the recruiting trail.

This is going to be fun.

11 minutes ago, Horace said:

Don't buy it for a second. He just peaked at UCF. He's done all he could there. Just took them to an undefeated season. No where to go from there, but down. 

I don't think his decision to leave UCF was as easy as you might think.    

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Manager of a chocolate factory run by big breasted hookers?

giphy.gif

• Plus1 2

Little help please...

Anyone have a link yet for the press conference? I’m sure the local news feeds will carry it but us outof staters need a way.

Anyone heard if it will be carried on BTN?

Thx!

084EF441-CE3D-42BF-86CC-1C6C87013546.jpeg

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Alfa4C said:

Little help please...

Anyone have a link yet for the press conference? I’m sure the local news feeds will carry it but us outof staters need a way.

Thx!

I too would like to know the answer to this.

39 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I don't think his decision to leave UCF was as easy as you might think.    

Oh I agree. Just saying he's accomplished all he can at UCF. It's the truth. He's undefeated and sadly they still have no chance to get into the playoff. That's the reality of the situation.

Just now, RedNebraskan said:

Looks like he raided my closet.

Just now, teachercd said:

Dang...those are some 80's jeans!  LOVE IT

Nobody likes the really light jeans more than you, well except Frosty.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Ugh, he's ruining things already. How can I start a "What will he wear?" topic now? Well, I guess I can still start the what will he wear at the podium topic. I wonder what he ate for breakfast. Maybe I can get a press pass.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, Alfa4C said:

Little help please...

Thx!

Scott Frost arrives in Lincoln; Watch live as new Husker football coach is introduced at noon

• Plus1 2

16 minutes ago, Horace said:

Oh I agree. Just saying he's accomplished all he can at UCF. It's the truth. He's undefeated and sadly they still have no chance to get into the playoff. That's the reality of the situation.

Honestly, one of the toughest decisions he has probably had to make in life......We can all, myself included, remember this in the coming years when things don't quite work at like we like or as quick as we would like.  He has sacrificed a lot in choosing to return to NU...

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, Alfa4C said:

Little help please...

Thx!

Looks like one link has already been given, but here's another just in case.

http://netnebraska.org/interactive-multimedia/sports/nebraska-football-head-coach-introductory-press-conference

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

Honestly, one of the toughest decisions he has probably had to make in life......We can all, myself included, remember this in the coming years when things don't quite work at like we like or as quick as we would like.  He has sacrificed a lot in choosing to return to NU...

Yes I agree, but he is also getting a lot in return including being closer to his roots and hometown, his family, and the place that helped put him on the map at UNL.  I would say in a couple months his mind will be squarely focused on the BIG.

I can tell you I was more excited/nervous for UCF (Frost) in the final minutes of that game yesterday than I was for any of the huskers games this year. 

We were definitely lacking in the want to department this year and it directly translated into near apathy catatonia for me. 

Not sure what the future holds but I am super excited and feel like Nebraska can finally get back to national relevance in the coming years. 

2V3X1X.gif

Edited by huskrmo
  • Plus1 4

3 minutes ago, huskrmo said:

I can tell you I was more excited/nervous for UCF (Frost) in the final minutes of that game yesterday than I was for any of the huskers games this year. 

We were definitely lacking in the want to department this year and it directly translated into near apathy catatonia for me. 

Not sure what the future holds but I am super excited and feel like Nebraska can finally get back to national relevance in the coming years. 

2V3X1X.gif

Come on man, Purdue was intense. lol

15 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

Frost sure seems to love the number 7.  Player number 7.  National Championship as quarterback 97.  Conference Championship as coach 2017.

Nebraska National Champions in 2027 Confirmed!!!!!!!

#47 in the NFL

I really do hope his heart is 100% in this. This is a tough job if its not and you wish you were back at your old job. And I hope he came for more reasons that just he wants his dad to see him coach Nebraska. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I really do hope his heart is 100% in this. This is a tough job if its not and you wish you were back at your old job. And I hope he came for more reasons that just he wants his dad to see him coach Nebraska. 

I am going to bank that we will realize he really is excited about this job in today's press conference. Think yesterday was an overall emotional day and also exhausting. I am going to guess we see the passion in his commitment in Nebraska today at the press conference.

It also kind of makes sense with his comment about wishing they would wait til the end of the season to make these decisions. But unfortunately they dont. 

Just now, BoNeyard said:

I am going to bank that we will realize he really is excited about this job in today's press conference. Think yesterday was an overall emotional day and also exhausting. I am going to guess we see the passion in his commitment in Nebraska today at the press conference.

Yeah Im sure youre right. Just a lot going on yesterday and he cared about his team. 

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

It also kind of makes sense with his comment about wishing they would wait til the end of the season to make these decisions. But unfortunately they dont. 

Yeah Im sure youre right. Just a lot going on yesterday and he cared about his team. 

I felt the same as you, but looking at it more, one I think it's awesome Frost was honest about it and it shows how much he cares. I think once he settles into the Nebraska job he will be just as committed and emotional about this program and players as he was at UCF, and probably even more given it's his dream job and home state.

In my opinion, I wish the media wouldn't have asked him anything about the Nebraska job at all yesterday. Just let him enjoy the moment of winning a conference championship with his team. The questions could have waited until this morning.

• Plus1 3

15 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

What?!

Of course he’s 100% in this; this is his dream job.  

He turned down: Florida, Tennessee, Florida State, and Oregon for this job.

It's just a bummer that he has worked for where his team is at for 2 years only to have the business side of things suck the enjoyment out of what his team has accomplished during their peek moment.  

Plus he really does love the kids he’s coaching.  It’s totally understandable for him to have tears of joy, and tears of sadness at this time.

Edited by Truth in Ruin

4 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I felt the same as you, but looking at it more, one I think it's awesome Frost was honest about it and it shows how much he cares. I think once he settles into the Nebraska job he will be just as committed and emotional about this program and players as he was at UCF, and probably even more given it's his dream job and home state.

In my opinion, I wish the media wouldn't have asked him anything about the Nebraska job at all yesterday. Just let him enjoy the moment of winning a conference championship with his team. The questions could have waited until this morning.

The "waiting to the end of the year" quote was interesting. Nebraska did wait until the the of their year. If UCF's next hire www.huskerboard.comor is even announced sooner rather than later, it wouldn't be out of realm of possibility that White gave Frost an ultimatum. Sign my extension or go. Even White's comments about it only being about the pull of his alma mater speak to this. It would explain a lot if White called Frost's bluff and he wasn't bluffing or, at least, wasn't ready to sign with him. The Huskers held no power outside of their desire to have Frost coach. 

2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

The "waiting to the end of the year" quote was interesting. Nebraska did wait until the the of their year. If UCF's next hire www.huskerboard.comor is even announced sooner rather than later, it wouldn't be out of realm of possibility that White gave Frost an ultimatum. Sign my extension or go. Even White's comments about it only being about the pull of his alma mater speak to this. It would explain a lot if White called Frost's bluff and he wasn't bluffing or, at least, wasn't ready to sign with him. The Huskers held no power outside of their desire to have Frost coach. 

Going to be honest here man, with your profile picture and this post, I am having a difficult time seeing the strain?

One of the positives for Frost is that taking your dream job means that if things go as you plan, you won't ever be in another tough decision like this again (and Frost is the kind of guy that bets on himself so u think he absolutely expects to be successful here).

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, irafreak said:

One of the positives for Frost is that taking your dream job means that if things go as you plan, you won't ever be in another tough decision like this again (and Frost is the kind of guy that bets on himself so u think he absolutely expects to be successful here).

Exactly. I am in the belief that Frost will be successful at Nebraska and will be here for the rest of his coaching career and retire as Nebraska head coach.

3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Going to be honest here man, with your profile picture and this post, I am having a difficult time seeing the strain?

It's the great Frostspiracy of 2017!!

12 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I don't think anyone needs to panic about reports of second thoughts. We've learned a lot about Scott Frost, the person, this season and it seems like his main motivator is not money or championships, it clearly seems to be loyalty.

Loyalty explains why he narrowed his choices down to UCF and Nebraska, why Florida didn't have a shot and why Oregon had a better shot than FSU. He told us himself, "I'm loyal to my alma mater" "I'm loyal to the guys I go to battle with".

No wonder it was such a gut-wrenching decision for him. It has nothing to do with facilities or weather or money, he felt loyalty to two different institutions and could only choose one.

I completely believe any reports he was getting cold feet, but not because he's not committed to Nebraska, but because he's a guy that never wanted to betray anyone and was forced to pick a side. There will always be second-guessing for guys like that. He'll be 100% after the Peach Bowl, but maybe not until then. 

^^^^^^^

This

I can totally understand that type of thinking.  When youve put so much into a thing be that anything and suddenly a better thing comes along do you give up your dreams on your one thing or live a new dream with this other thing.  Ive done that with jobs, cars in the persuit of a vision that i see it can be.  I think he honestly wanted to stay at UCF one or two more years and was really torn that we had to make him make a decision sooner.  I agree it was  never about money or facilities though those are nice.  It has always been about who scott is as a person and what he wants to do.  Either come back and coach his old school or stay and keep rebuilding a place he really loved.  Tough call, and im glad he made that call, but i feel for UCF because of the bum wrap theve been given.  I think thell bounce back, would be no reason to.  Was just a perfectly laid out plan for nebraska and i hope scott enjoys being here.  All i can say is that it was loud as hell at that stadium yesterday.  When he walks through that tunnel on spring game day and hears 90k screaming and cheering.  He will truly remember what its like to be here and that is when i think he will totally N

It's happening folks.  It's really happening.  Nothing has gone our way for so long but we didn't get Peterson'd or Eichorst'd again.  We won the day yesterday and We are no longer the laughing stock of college football.  Tennessee is.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

It's happening folks.  It's really happening.  Nothing has gone our way for so long but we didn't get Peterson'd or Eichorst'd again.  We won the day yesterday and We are no longer the laughing stock of college football.  Tennessee is.

Funny how even despite Eichorst's ginormous whiff with the Riley hire we still ended up landing Frost.  

• Plus1 2

Do you think the transition will be quicker & smoother in the fact that Scott has probably watched a lot of Husker games and may already know a lot of the starters names and is familiar with the facilities?