** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

5 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

At the end of it, a less then 140 character tweet leads to great click bait.

I think what Rittenberg said on TBL was the most news we have gotten. If UCF folks are reporting to Rittenberg that Nebraska has reached out that means things are moving forward. With Kelly to UF generating a whole bunch of smoke, it’s looking like the main competition for Scott is going to be filled. 

1 minute ago, HuskerJax said:

I like how the author states Campbell would go to a place like Michigan  or Notre Dame (a place he could win championships) over Nebraska .  What an idiot, how many titles do they have in the last 30 years? Both of them combined is less than Nebraska. 

I see nothing wrong with the author saying that. He is a native Ohio guy, coached at Toledo. I see him getting a job at PSU, MI or OSU eventually. 

Just now, Ziebol the Red said:

I think what Rittenberg said on TBL was the most news we have gotten. If UCF folks are reporting to Rittenberg that Nebraska has reached out that means things are moving forward. With Kelly to UF generating a whole bunch of smoke, it’s looking like the main competition for Scott is going to be filled. 

Think you are right. It has been the most positive news day regarding this since the talks began.

6 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Those around him....pass up...Florida job. Literally right there. 

I have always said Scott Frost is coming. 

So you're admitting that you have to take things out of context to get them to square with what you're saying.

Not a good look.

• Plus1 6

2 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

I see nothing wrong with the author saying that. He is a native Ohio guy, coached at Toledo. I see him getting a job at PSU, MI or OSU eventually. 

He’s basically insinuating that championships cannot be won at Nebraska, and that they can at Michigan and Notre Dame. What has actually occurred over the last 30-40 years tells a different story. In fact, it tells the opposite. He is basically dismissing Nebraska. I don’t see recent trophies falling out of Michigan or ND cases. It’s a premise based on faulty, Espn logic.

• Plus1 1
Just now, HuskerJax said:

He’s basically insinuating that championships cannot be won at Nebraska, and that they can at Michigan and Notre Dame. What has actually occurred over the last 30-40 years tells a different story. In fact, it tells the opposite. He is basically dismissing Nebraska. I don’t see recent trophies falling out of Michigan or ND cases. It’s a premise based on faulty, Espn logic.

I know, I just don't get worked up over that stuff. People said Alabama will never be good again when they sucked. People said Miami would never win it all again. People said Notre Dame would never win it again and they recently played for it all. Cowturd once said a few years ago that no northern team would ever win a national title again and then Ohio State goes and wins it all. 

• Plus1 1

Rant:

Really getting tired of national "writers" calling Florida the better job, or stating stuff similar to the part about Campbell only leaving ISU for a job where he could compete for a national title. Its not true, and pure hyperbole. But it gets "said" enough times and perception becomes reality. The only true advantage Florida (and places like ND and Michigan) is proximity to more highly rated recruits. Weather (unrelated to football) is merely a personal choice.

In regard to Frost and NU, compared to Florida, most of the comparisons have been discussed, but to me, the biggest advantage NU has over Florida (and others being mentioned) is the amount of slack that will be provided. Reasonable [I know ;)] Husker fans we'll give Frost much more slack than he would get elsewhere simply because he is one of us. I'm quite sure he'd be successful anywhere, but all of the jobs he's linked to (other than UCF of course) will require a measure of rebuild, thus requiring patience from fans. How long would he get at a Tenn or Fla compared to NU? My guess is 3 years tops at those schools, and 7-ish at NU.

• Plus1 2