** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

21 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I don't think Frost leaves UCF for any school this year.  Man of his word. Had this plan in place to get hired at UCF.  

Largest student body in U.S.  Orlando one of the fastest growing areas in US.  

Has a contract with Nike via his Oregon Ties. Check the space uniforms his team is wearing this weekend.

Massive upgrade of the faciities and training facility.  65 recruits at last game all mainly in-state.

Frost is a winner and has the "It" factor.  He has said numerous times he wants to build that program to a national contender.  

I think he turns down all offers.

You might be right about all other offers.  However, to quote Bear Bryant "Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin'.

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I don't think Frost leaves UCF for any school this year.  Man of his word. Had this plan in place to get hired at UCF.  

Largest student body in U.S.  Orlando one of the fastest growing areas in US.  

Has a contract with Nike via his Oregon Ties. Check the space uniforms his team is wearing this weekend.

Massive upgrade of the faciities and training facility.  65 recruits at last game all mainly in-state.

Frost is a winner and has the "It" factor.  He has said numerous times he wants to build that program to a national contender.  

I think he turns down all offers.

This is essentially "Petersen will never leave Boise".

Yes he will.  They always leave Boise.

• Plus1 4

17 hours ago, Landlord said:

You guys understand that rushing rankings are determined by yards per game, not the total quantity of yards...right? 

UCF playing two fewer games has no relevance towards any of that.

as we don't have great stats rushing I assumed the first guy was right about TOTAL rushing yards- my bad for not looking it up, however the facts are they are a better coached team and does anyone seriously think UCF would be 3-4 TD favorites if we played them?

and I doubt those people who claim to want a running team would reject Frost

We may run the ball more on 1st down but we stink at running, period. This nerf ball finesse, compliment the pass with the run has proven to fail. If we were more efficient at it and made it a strength rather than have it play second fiddle to the passing game, and not put on the back burner, there would be far less complaints.

But, we know what we have in Mike Riley. My argument is, he is neither innovative or creative with the run game and, he's not in his 40's. Mike Riley isn't going to change his stripes in the latter part of his career. He is going to stick with the Oregon State method which brings Oregon State results.

Edited by FTW
  • Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

as we don't have great stats rushing I assumed the first guy was right about TOTAL rushing yards- my bad for not looking it up, however the facts are they are a better coached team and does anyone seriously think UCF would be 3-4 TD favorites if we played them?

and I doubt those people who claim to want a running team would reject Frost

No.  Assuming a neutral field I think UCF would be somewhere between a 7-10 point favorite and even that feels high.

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's on me for not understanding that nobody is in the mood for jokes right now.  I attempted to have a little lighthearted thread, but people are (justifiably) unhappy and aren't ready for it.

This would have been better in the off season when people calm down.

No one ever wants to joke!  This is serious stuff!

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

No.  Assuming a neutral field I think UCF would be somewhere between a 7-10 point favorite and even that feels high.

too bad they don't play cause I'd take those points to the bank- UCF would destroy us- but I understand that goes against rose-colored logic and simple facts of this seasons results and the evidence of both teams coaches  and their perspective records

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic