** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Here's the deal...you announce Frost has agreed to be the next coach upon the completion of his season with UCF.  As soon as his season with UCF ends (date TBD) he becomes the head coach at Nebraska.  Have a brief presser and he coaches season to conclusion with UCF.  It's not rocket science. 

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Here's the deal...you announce Frost has agreed to be the next coach upon the completion of his season with UCF.  As soon as his season with UCF ends (date TBD) he becomes the head coach at Nebraska.  Have a brief presser and he coaches season to conclusion with UCF.  It's not rocket science. 

Yeah, Bo flied in immediately after winning the SEC championship to do the presser then Osborne agreed to let him coach the NC game. Something similar can be done for Frost, totally.

The main question is does Scott Frost need Nebraska.  In honesty I don't think he needs us at all.  We have proven to be so far over the top, why would he want or need to deal with it at this time.  He is a god where he is at, and most likely could develop that program into a National Power if he is anywhere near the coach some of you claim he is.

I think we are becoming our own worst enemy in this hunt.  Especially if he does decide it isn't the place for him.  What will the next coach expect.  Sometimes silence is golden.  

• Plus1 3

This brings up the whole "Coach hiring and firing season" debate.  Nov is usually the time you start to see the firings and Dec is the hirings.  Now there is nothing that keeps a silent agreement to be reached between two parties.  Wonder if UCF would be interested in a home and away series with Nebraska to be used as bait to let us talk and negotiate with Frost.

8 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Frost won't even have that discussion until the regular season is over. We're just going to have to wait. As much as I'd love Frost to come here, I wouldn't be surprised if he declines. He has a good thing going at UCF, and he could probably do something better somewhere else.

I think it's time to accept the reality that Nebraska may never be a top program again. We've lost all our advantages and why coach at Nebraska when you can coach at any school in Texas, California, or the South East?

• Plus1 1

I'm watching the UCF game and have watched them several times this year.  They are fun to watch and a very impressive team.  The disappointing part if I'm Scott Frost is that the stadium was about 1/3rd empty out of half time. I was hoping Riley could turn it around this year as he does appear to be a very nice guy, but this is getting ugly.  I hope we can get Scott Frost, he has become the #1 on my list however, if we do get him I doubt it will be announced until after UCFs last regular season game.

Edited by Wunderkind
Grammar

UCF knows they won't have Frost forever.  Frost knows he can go much bigger than UCF.  This opportunity will never line up again.  Basically Frost is one of the hottest coaches this year and Nebraska will likely need to overpay in $ and length of a contract.  It's a big win for Frost as well Nebraska's program and fan base.  I can't imagine another "Huh?" hire again.    

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

UCF knows they won't have Frost forever.  Frost knows he can go much bigger than UCF.  This opportunity will never line up again.  Basically Frost is one of the hottest coaches this year and Nebraska will likely need to overpay in $ and length of a contract.  It's a big win for Frost as well Nebraska's program and fan base.  I can't imagine another "Huh?" hire again.    

I think the fan base will have more patience for a young HC like Frost than say a 64 year old coach out of his element. I'd be willing to give Frost 5 years to turn things around but I'm not willing to give Riley 2 more years.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Frost ain’t coming here.  

I'm afraid of this.  I think others have mentioned Frost's has made previous statements about not coming here and that he really doesn't like recruiting.  Correct me if I'm wrong.   

10 minutes ago, FTW said:

I think the fan base will have more patience for a young HC like Frost than say a 64 year old coach out of his element. I'd be willing to give Frost 5 years to turn things around but I'm not willing to give Riley 2 more years.

The problem is that it is NOT up to you to make such determination.   NO coach will be given 5 years to turn things around.  Hell, you don't get a nicer coach than Riley and there were some who wanted to fire him before he even got to Lincoln.   

Fans will turn  on Frost after about his third blow out loss, whether in season one, two or three.   No coach can turn this program into a championship caliber one in just three seasons.  So, if Frost is hired, (I wouldn't want to bet the farm on him coming either), he is gong to need some serious Tom Osborne cover and support.   Without it, Frost could easily fall on his face.  He is young and has an attitude (like his parents I am told by persons who know them well).  He may not be able to take the heat of the job when things don't go right and he lashes out.   

Frost may be a darn good coach, I don't know.  But he has little experience of big time pressure and he will have more pressure than any of the coaches that have preceded him going back to Osborne.   I am not sure it is fair to Frost and I would have to say I am not sure i could advise him to take the job for this reason.   he will be expected to be a miracle worker and that is just not fair to anyone, much less a 3 year coach.   

15 minutes ago, FTW said:

Maybe, but I think the fan base is tired of change because it means failure.  If RIley is fired and Frost not hired I'm pretty concerned that the fan base will move on to just being plain disinterested. 

1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The problem is that it is NOT up to you to make such determination.   NO coach will be given 5 years to turn things around.  Hell, you don't get a nicer coach than Riley and there were some who wanted to fire him before he even got to Lincoln.   

Fans will turn  on Frost after about his third blow out loss, whether in season one, two or three.   No coach can turn this program into a championship caliber one in just three seasons.  So, if Frost is hired, (I wouldn't want to bet the farm on him coming either), he is gong to need some serious Tom Osborne cover and support.   Without it, Frost could easily fall on his face.  He is young and has an attitude (like his parents I am told by persons who know them well).  He may not be able to take the heat of the job when things don't go right and he lashes out.   

Frost may be a darn good coach, I don't know.  But he has little experience of big time pressure and he will have more pressure than any of the coaches that have preceded him going back to Osborne.   I am not sure it is fair to Frost and I would have to say I am not sure i could advise him to take the job for this reason.   he will be expected to be a miracle worker and that is just not fair to anyone, much less a 3 year coach.   

I disagree.

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

Maybe, but I think the fan base is tired of change because it means failure.  If RIley is fired and Frost not hired I'm pretty concerned that the fan base will move on to just being plain disinterested. 

We look like we're already there, don't we? Winning heals all wounds. Hire a successful coach, and things will turn around quickly and the recruits will flock to the program.

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic