** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, FTW said:

I disagree.

We look like we're already there, don't we? Winning heals all wounds. Hire a successful coach, and things will turn around quickly and the recruits will flock to the program.

Sure- it's a magic wand but recruiting in Nebraska is different- it just it.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, krc1995 said:

Sure- it's a magic wand but recruiting in Nebraska is different- it just it.  

It starts from the top. Get a solid AD in there that knows what he's doing. This program is too important to a lot of people for it to be what it is today. This is not the Nebraska football we know and love. It hasn't been the same since Solich was forced out. We've paid the price for firing him, and things have to change and I believe change is coming.

He has said he wants to finish his job at UCF in the past.  I don't have a link but remember reading awhile back.

I have also read that he is not real excited about recruiting, and we know that who ever comes here, it takes non stop recruiting and from the top level.  

I do not see him discussing anything about Nebraska.  He is like any good coach, he demands loyalty from his players.  Telling them midway in the season he is even thinking about leaving is not something I think he would do. 

He has a new wife, is she willing to take on the nightmare that Nebraska would be.  We don't know.  Money is not always the motivating factor.  I really don't think it is with Coach Frost.  But sure could be wrong, but as close as Coach Osborne seems to be with him, I don't think that will be the reason he comes here.  The reason will be love of Nebraska and the state, not how much we are going to pay him.   But I can not even comprehend the pressure this job would put on him instantly.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, FTW said:

It starts from the top. Get a solid AD in there that knows what he's doing. This program is too important to a lot of people for it to be what it is today. This is not the Nebraska football we know and love. It hasn't been the same since Solich was forced out. We've paid the price for firing him, and things have to change and I believe change is coming.

Im willing to bet that the price we pay will be the sellout for that mistake and that's what I am really afraid of.

2 minutes ago, FTW said:

If Frost is the next coach, he's gonna have to earn his stripes like every coach before him.  He will not be given wins or recruits.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, eoltmer said:

Im willing to bet that the price we pay will be the sellout for that mistake and that's what I am really afraid of.

We all know this won't happen. Might be empty seats, more than usual, but they'll be bought and paid for by big banks or ABC/XYZ company. Fan apathy is the biggest concern to me. Its here, it's happening now. It's been happening since the 2012 blowout to the Badgers in the B1G Championship game.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, skersfan said:

He has said he wants to finish his job at UCF in the past.  I don't have a link but remember reading awhile back.

I have also read that he is not real excited about recruiting, and we know that who ever comes here, it takes non stop recruiting and from the top level.  

I do not see him discussing anything about Nebraska.  He is like any good coach, he demands loyalty from his players.  Telling them midway in the season he is even thinking about leaving is not something I think he would do. 

He has a new wife, is she willing to take on the nightmare that Nebraska would be.  We don't know.  Money is not always the motivating factor.  I really don't think it is with Coach Frost.  But sure could be wrong, but as close as Coach Osborne seems to be with him, I don't think that will be the reason he comes here.  The reason will be love of Nebraska and the state, not how much we are going to pay him.   But I can not even comprehend the pressure this job would put on him instantly.

and how.  I think Nebraska could be a nightmare job in terms of quality of life.  Particularly for a youngerish family man.  

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

If Frost is the next coach, he's gonna have to earn his stripes like every coach before him.  He will not be given wins or recruits.  

Alabama kept hiring and firing coaches. Many schools have or do this until they strike lightning in a bottle. My worry is that Frost is becoming such a hot commodity so fast that he'll become another schools Bob Stoops to the point where Frost will have zero interest in his alma mater.

• Plus1 1
Just now, FTW said:

Alabama kept hiring and firing coaches. Many schools have or do this until they strike lightning in a bottle. My worry is that Frost is becoming such a hot commodity so fast that he'll become another schools Bob Stoops to the point where Frost will have zero interest in his alma mater.

Do his parent still live in Wood River?  

The narrative that Nebraska is a hard job is absolute B.S.  Mike Riley (a terrible coach) has been around top 20 recruiting without using all his scholarships. Bo p. Was around top 25 and was a notorious non-recruiter. We have exceptional fan support despite the product we’re provided. And we’re in an extremely easy division where you could compete for BIG championships consistently. 

Imagine a good coach with an active recruiting department. top 25 every year. 

• Plus1 5
Just now, famoustitles said:

The narrative that Nebraska is a hard job is absolute B.S.  Mike Riley (a terrible coach) has been around top 20 recruiting without using all his scholarships. Bo p. Was around top 25 and was a notorious non-recruiter. We have exceptional fan support despite the product we’re provided. And we’re in an extremely easy division where you could compete for BIG championships consistently. 

Imagine a good coach with an active recruiting department. top 25 every year. 

Washington, IMO is a prime example and comparison for Nebraska. They recruit similar (recruiting rankings on par with Nebraska and amount of 4star or 5star recruits) yet they hired a great HC and they're in the top 10 and last year the playoffs.

59 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Frost ain’t coming here.  

Ya, I don't think I'd take a step down at this point if I was Frosty.  He's got nothing but upside where he is at and better programs will come after him.  Why settle for a team that isn't even in the Top 3 of their half of the conference?  

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

Washington, IMO is a prime example and comparison for Nebraska. They recruit similar (recruiting rankings on par with Nebraska and amount of 4star or 5star recruits) yet they hired a great HC and they're in the top 10 and last year the playoffs.

Agree. I think Petersen is one of the best coaches in CFB. 

Edited by famoustitles
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic