brophog

** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

At this point...if Riley stays...next year will be miserable at a level that most of us can't even comprehend. 

Kansas had zero points last week and still spent a decent chunk of time having more points than yards.

I didn't want Riley here from the start, and I don't want him here now, but I can comprehend a lot worse.

• Plus1 1

Just now, brophog said:

Kansas had zero points last week and still spent a decent chunk of time having more points than yards.

I didn't want Riley here from the start, and I don't want him here now, but I can comprehend a lot worse.

Agreed

46 minutes ago, Husker N StL said:

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 8.32.13 AM.png

If you are an adult that buys and wears one of these things you are a giant boob.  IMO

These are like those foolish "Got Frank" shirt dingles were wearing in 2004.

• Plus1 1

I don't know what their "formula" is, but that's basically our discussion from the other day.....sorting teams with high yards per play by number of plays per game. The one that is throwing me off though is Notre Dame.

36 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

If you are an adult that buys and wears one of these things you are a giant boob.  IMO

What if you're a former player who buys a shirt like that and posts a picture on Twitter while wearing it? 

42 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

We get it.  You don't like giant boobs.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Those shirts just reek of desperation.

I couldn't agree more.  It's starting to become creepy now.  Or it's just all in fun.  I'm not quite sure at this point, lines are being blurred.

16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

What if you're a former player who buys a shirt like that and posts a picture on Twitter while wearing it? 

I will give them a pass if they played on the 1996 or 1997 team.  If they weren't on either of those teams they are a giant boob.  IMO

I thought a lot about this, but couldn’t think of anything relevant to add to this thread.

I’m just here for moral support.....taking one for the team, putting my best finger forward.

I don't believe for a second that the UCF staff is going around and telling recruits that they are going to be in Nebraska next season. And even if they do come to Nebraska my guess is they would sell the kids on the staff rather than the program just in case they do make a move to Nebraska so a kid they like won't jump ship then. This thread might be the longest thread in Huskerboard history by the time this is all said and done. 

In Part 1, we nibbled around the corners of the Scott Frost offense.  Now it’s time to take a deep dive into it, examining not only the Oregon parts that will always be present, but also the additional wrinkles he’s thrown in since leaving Eugene.  This is a lot of film, and I can’t embed it all into one post without locking up your mobile devices.

Accordingly, I’ve linked a lot of what I’m going to discuss, so when you see a hyperlink, it’ll open up a new tab showing you the concept I’m discussing.  In other words, this is probably a post you want to view on a computer rather than a mobile device.  If not, it’s going to take a while to load and you’re forever going to be opening and closing new tabs.  You’ve be warned, so let’s get to it.

https://huskerchalktalk.com/2017/10/24/talking-scott-frost-part-ii/

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

At this point...if Riley stays...next year will be miserable at a level that most of us can't even comprehend.  Even our resident RiledUppers would have it rough.

He won't be coming back after this season.

3 hours ago, FTW said:

Word is his staff is telling parents of recruits (targeted by UCF, not yet signed) that they're moving to Nebraska in the coming months.

LMgs3xU.gif

• Plus1 4

52 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I don't believe for a second that the UCF staff is going around and telling recruits that they are going to be in Nebraska next season. And even if they do come to Nebraska my guess is they would sell the kids on the staff rather than the program just in case they do make a move to Nebraska so a kid they like won't jump ship then. This thread might be the longest thread in Huskerboard history by the time this is all said and done. 

Any way we could find out if this is true?  What is the longest one in history? Now you have me curious.

3 hours ago, FTW said:

Word is his staff is telling parents of recruits (targeted by UCF, not yet signed) that they're moving to Nebraska in the coming months. The way this thing is going down, I find it hard to believe Moos hasn't sent feelers out to SF. I'm betting he has. Too many people close to the program know a lot.

word from where?

1 hour ago, Saunders said:

Good article about Frost's offense.  I like the simplicity/complexity aspect.  Makes sense in the college game to teach just a few core concepts with small wrinkles that can be used to make adjustments throughout the game.  Similar to TO in that regard IMO.

Also, the article contends that the main "kryptonite" to this offense is teams with very elite talent units at DL and the secondary.  In other words, he might have great success in the B1G West, but struggle against the Ohio States and Alabamas of the world.  I think we could live with that.  It gets us to the big games, and anything can happen on a given Saturday.

3 hours ago, Enhance said:

That doesn't sit well with me if true. I'm sure parents and people have been asking them about it, but, to say that when nothing has been set in stone or made public? Seems risky.

I don't know. It's a slippery slope I guess. If I'm a parent of a recruit these days I think I would need to understand that the chances of the coach recruiting your child still being their in four years is much lower than it ever has been.

That's probably why it's not true. It doesn't make sense. That would be essentially recruiting for Nebraska while paid by UCF.

4 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Good article about Frost's offense.  I like the simplicity/complexity aspect.  Makes sense in the college game to teach just a few core concepts with small wrinkles that can be used to make adjustments throughout the game.  Similar to TO in that regard IMO.

Also, the article contends that the main "kryptonite" to this offense is teams with very elite talent units at DL and the secondary.  In other words, he might have great success in the B1G West, but struggle against the Ohio States and Alabamas of the world.  I think we could live with that.  It gets us to the big games, and anything can happen on a given Saturday.

To be fair, wouldn't that defense wreak havoc on nearly all offenses?  

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Husker N StL said:

I agree.  I was posting them for comedic value.  

Although... You have to admit that the fanbase is desperate for a consistent winner in Lincoln. 

10,000 people showing up to a UCF home game wearing the red shirts would be memorable.

9 minutes ago, Cornhole said:

To be fair, wouldn't that defense wreak havoc on nearly all offenses?  

Yep. And look at the Oregon vs FSU playoff game. That style of offense can still win some of those big games at the national level. 

11 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

10,000 people showing up to a UCF home game wearing the red shirts would be memorable.

My brother asked me if I wanted to drive over to Orlando for the USF @ UCF game on black friday. I considered it, lol.

5 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Yep. And look at the Oregon vs FSU playoff game. That style of offense can still win some of those big games at the national level. 

Maybe but FSU was flawed that year and Oregon got exposed vs OSU. 

4 minutes ago, Saunders said:

My brother asked me if I wanted to drive over to Orlando for the USF @ UCF game on black friday. I considered it, lol.

I would. That will be a good game with some good football being played. Strong vs. Frost. A lot at stake.

1 hour ago, HuskerJax said:

Any way we could find out if this is true?  What is the longest one in history? Now you have me curious.

At the top-right of the thread list, you can choose to sort by several things including Most Replies.  In the Football Forum, the Stadium Expansion thread leads the way with 2791 replies (54 pages).  The Sock Puppet Rides! is third with 2651 replies.  This thread is currently 15th with 1987 replies.  The rest of the Top 40 are all game threads.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Saunders said:

I haven't made definitive plans for Thanksgiving yet.  I will likely be back in Nebraska.  If I stay home, I will definitely be there.

3 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

I haven't made definitive plans for Thanksgiving yet.  I will likely be back in Nebraska.  If I stay home, I will definitely be there.

The more important question is, will you be wearing one of these?

2 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

The more important question is, will you be wearing one of these?

No, I will wear my black and gold UCF jersey.  If Frost stays at UCF, I will buy season tickets and buy the black version of this to wear to UCF games.

7 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

No, I will wear my black and gold UCF jersey.

Please tell me its #7 and says Frost on the back.  Or maybe it's another thing that I enjoy and it has your own last name on it.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Please tell me its #7 and says Frost on the back.  Or maybe it's another thing that I enjoy and it has your own last name on it.

No, I don't even know what kind a jersey it is.  It's Adidas, and I think it's a UCF Soccer jersey.  It looks like a small embroidered #25 on the left breast pocket, but I can't be sure.  I picked it up for $3 at a Goodwill in Clearwater.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

How do you insert a photo?

Use the "insert other media" button right about the Submit button and paste the link to the picture you want to use. 

12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Use the "insert other media" button right about the Submit button and paste the link to the picture you want to use. 

Thanks

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 4skers89 said:

The red shirts would be disrespectful to UCF, IMO.  I think Nebraskans are better than this.  We're not Miami.  Black shirts would probably be okay.

Edited by GamingGlen
  • Plus1 1

Speaking of respect, I liked that Frost kept the UCF team out on the field after the Navy game when the Navy team does their song.   Do other Navy opponents do this on a regular basis?

Edited by GamingGlen

2 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

Right now I think it's the last one to post thread. This won't touch that one, but it might be the longest in the Husker football forum when it's all said and done. 450+ pages on the other thread. 

4 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Had a frightening thought today.  Is Scott Frost a "nice guy"?

Define ‘nice’. He is certainly personable during interviews but I think he’s tough as they come when coaching his team