** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

11 hours ago, ZRod said:

No need to be a jerk about it. I was simply stating my opinion as to why I think it would be a game. UCF is a good team. However, they aren't in a P5 conference, although they did beat a P5 bottom dweller. A good team in a mediocre conference will always look great. We would be out coached and likely out played, but athletically we could make it a toss up.

dude what part of agree don't you understand?

ok im a jerk there feel better?

8 hours ago, chamrocck said:

While this season has been a disaster there is one silver lining that is completely clear.  Scott Frost will be the next head coach at Nebraska.  There is no guessing who the next coach is, will the AD make another mistake, will top coaches come here, etc.  It is very clear and simple.  

You get Frost and you get him now.  You announce it and let him continue as long as he wants for the season he is putting together at UCF.  Simply put...you can't blow this chance inside the 3 with 4 downs.  If we blow this it will forever haunt us.  Do it now while nothing is on the line for either school.  If you wait until the end of the season where UCF is making a run to win their conference and UCF is bidding for a big time bowl it will be pushed off due to the distraction.  Further at that point we will be competing against other schools.  Git r done and it will be a lot less dramatic.  This is the biggest game left this season...getting Frost locked up.     

No. 

We would ruin his season at UCF, it would also show a huge lack of respect on NU's part towards UCFs program and players.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The problem is that it is NOT up to you to make such determination.   NO coach will be given 5 years to turn things around.  Hell, you don't get a nicer coach than Riley and there were some who wanted to fire him before he even got to Lincoln.   

Fans will turn  on Frost after about his third blow out loss, whether in season one, two or three.   No coach can turn this program into a championship caliber one in just three seasons.  So, if Frost is hired, (I wouldn't want to bet the farm on him coming either), he is gong to need some serious Tom Osborne cover and support.   Without it, Frost could easily fall on his face.  He is young and has an attitude (like his parents I am told by persons who know them well).  He may not be able to take the heat of the job when things don't go right and he lashes out.   

Frost may be a darn good coach, I don't know.  But he has little experience of big time pressure and he will have more pressure than any of the coaches that have preceded him going back to Osborne.   I am not sure it is fair to Frost and I would have to say I am not sure i could advise him to take the job for this reason.   he will be expected to be a miracle worker and that is just not fair to anyone, much less a 3 year coach.   

That is BS.  This team has talent and Frost will pull a '99-'00 Stoops here if we can get him.  If we can't, stick a fork in us.

Man people are going to get super disappointed when Frost doesn't accept the job. Not saying he will do that but I could seriously see him staying at UCF for a 3rd year. As long as he keeps things rolling at UCF he will be in high demand. We better have a Damm good plan B 

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't think Frost will take the job.  I also think he knows that this is probably his only chance to take it but I still don't think he takes it.

10 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man people are going to get super disappointed when Frost doesn't accept the job. Not saying he will do that but I could seriously see him staying at UCF for a 3rd year. As long as he keeps things rolling at UCF he will be in high demand. We better have a Damm good plan B 

I feel the same way. I just don't think Frost comes back 'home' to coach. And I am not sure who would come here to coach at this point...the doubt in their minds that if they don't do well right away they will be fired will be strong. The decisions of the past are definitely haunting the program right now!

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I would accept hiring Del Monte and then bringing in Patterson as a Plan B. Or a Plan A, for that matter. Anyone actually expecting that will probably be disappointed, too, but hey.

Edited by Toe
  • Plus1 1

I don't have a clue what Frost is thinking.  But if he does come back, the Huskers will be back almost immediately.  If he doesn't, I doubt the Huskers will ever be back.

I'm also not religious.  But I'm praying for Frost to come back.

Help me Obi Frost Kenobi, you're my only hope!

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

I don't have a clue what Frost is thinking.  But if he does come back, the Huskers will be back almost immediately.  If he doesn't, I doubt the Huskers will ever be back.

I'm also not religious.  But I'm praying for Frost to come back.

Help me Obi Frost Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Maybe the most ridiculous thing I've read yet. 

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, Toe said:

I would accept hiring Del Monte and then bringing in Patterson as a Plan B. Or a Plan A, for that matter.

That would be great if we could land him. Both Frost and Del Conte/Patterson are gambles in the sense they may turn us down though. We need a few legitimate canidates to go after and we have to get it right 

Just now, Isle of View said:

The Star Wars part or the true part?

Not true at all. First of all, we will be fine if we don't hire Frost. If we do hire Frost you better tamp those expectations down. Frost will take his bumps and we won't be back immediately unless you mean back to winning 9 or 10 games. 

• Plus1 1
  • Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic