** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not true at all. First of all, we will be fine if we don't hire Frost. If we do hire Frost you better tamp those expectations down. Frost will take his bumps and we won't be back immediately unless you mean back to winning 9 or 10 games. 

Exactly....

I’m getting on the Frost train as much as other people. However, this belief that it’s Frost or we should just close the program because no way will we ever be able to get a good coach is just stupid. 

Its a a pretty pathetic idea that Frost is the only savior of husker football in the world. 

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 5

Talked with a well connect TCU alum last night at our game... he said no way in hell would Del Monte come here... loves it at TCU.  No booster crap to put up with, no money pressure,  enjoys it down there.. and remember, Patterson turned down Texas job, loves it at TCU too. I think that TCU connection train has left the station- but who ever knows

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly....

I’m getting on the Frost train as much as other people. However, this belief that it’s Frost or we should just close the program because no way will we ever be able to get a good coach is just stupid. 

Its a a pretty pathetic idea that Frost is the only savior of husker football in the world. 

Yep I'm right with you. Really like Frost and I think he could do well here next season, but it's still an uphill battle to winning our conference no matter who our coach is. At this point we need to see winning the west as a big step forward. From there we can move on to being "back". I think there are plenty of guys who can take us there, but there are a lot more who can't. We need to avoid those ones this time around. 

Nebraska fans refuse to learn from their past hype train derailments.  Scott Frost is not the one and only option for Nebraska, and as you build it up as the only option that will make you happy you are setting yourself for disappointment.

Let the process play out, and pump the brakes on this "Frost is the next TO" stuff.  It just makes us look bad.

• Plus1 4

I know Les Miles is 63yrs old but hear me out. WE need an immediate turn around. Frost is in the first year of a contract with UCF in his first head coaching gig ever. I just don't think he's quite there yet. But bring in a guy like Les Miles who never won fewer than 8 games in his 11 years at LSU. He's won a National Championship. He's had a consistent winning record. He is a good recruiter with a big name kids want to play for. His son plays on the team and he's had a year off to refresh and get ready to coach. Bring in a guy like Miles to keep our current recruits and get this ship turned around. Miles coaches for 4-5 years, retires, and Frost then has the HC experience and slides in. 

I think Frost would have a harder time turning this around year 1 and recruiting than a guy like Miles would. 

Edited by girlknowsfootball
2 minutes ago, girlknowsfootball said:

I know Les Miles is 63yrs old but hear me out. WE need an immediate turn around. Frost is in the first year of a contract with UCF in his first head coaching gig ever. I just don't think he's quite there yet. But bring in a guy like Les Miles who never won fewer than 8 games in his 11 years at LSU. He's won a National Championship. He's had a consistent winning record. He is a good recruiter with a big name kids want to play for. His son plays on the team and he's had a year off to refresh and get ready to coach. Bring in a guy like Miles to keep our current recruits and get this ship turned around. Miles coaches for 4-5 years, retires, and Frost then has the HC experience and slides in. 

I think Frost would have a harder time turning this around year 1 and recruiting than a guy like Miles would. 

This is the biggest pipe dream in the world. Frost would be long gone to a power 5 program by the time your plan has run its course. Miles recruited so well because that's easy to do at LSU (he would do ok here but not out of the norm imo) Also what kind of results would you see from a team that knows their coach is a bridge gap. On top of it all, I don't see Miles making a comeback. Too much pressure given his age, he would have to win right away.

• Plus1 5
9 hours ago, Hollywoodhusker83 said:

If Mullens from Oregon or Danny White from UCF are potential candidates for AD, it's becoming pretty clear that Frost is of primary interest. On top of this, we have 3 passing QB's we'd want to preserve for the future, and what better offense than what Scott Frost is running at UCF. We aren't hiring a new HC who would run an option offense. Would take too much time to recruit for that. This is just my opinion. Curious what others think. 

Sounds about right....but you have to consider that all the fancy new styles of zone read are a form of the option designed to spread out the defense.
The straight triple-option had at least 5 options...up the middle to fullback, qb keeper, handoff or pitch to Iback, reverse to wingback, pass.
Six....reverse to left-handed receiver...pass to qb (felt I needed to throw that in.)
Seems what UCF and a bunch of other schools are running is kind of the same thing.

Just now, San Diego Husker said:

Would Frost even want to come to NU?  if I remember correctly, after Bo was let go, Frost said it was not interested in the NU HC job. 

We could have been equally not interested at that point in time. I don't think Frost said that then because he would never be interested but more because the timing wasn't right. 

6 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Sounds about right....but you have to consider that all the fancy new styles of zone read are a form of the option designed to spread out the defense.
The straight triple-option had at least 5 options...up the middle to fullback, qb keeper, handoff or pitch to Iback, reverse to wingback, pass.
Six....reverse to left-handed receiver...pass to qb (felt I needed to throw that in.)
Seems what UCF and a bunch of other schools are running is kind of the same thing.

The thing about Frosts offense compared to a more traditional option attack is I think Frost could actually utilize and be successful with a QB like even Tanner Lee. It's a flexible enough system to be explosive without an explosive running threat from QB. 

Actually I think POB and Gebbia could be ideal. Pocket Passer focus with really solid mobility, enough to gain a first down on a well run zone read.

Edited by Nebfanatic
  • Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

The thing about Frosts offense compared to a more traditional option attack is I think Frost could actually utilize and be successful with a QB like even Tanner Lee. It's a flexible enough system to be explosive without an explosive running threat from QB. 

Personally, I'd like to have a mobile QB, but I'd want to stay away from too many designed runs because there's too much chance for injury. Just tired of having beat up, half speed QB's.

• Plus1 1

Too many fans assume Frost will immediately accept an offer to come to NU. Don't hold your breath. I don't think it's going to happen. His situation at UCF is superior to Nebraska. UCF has the largest student population in Florida. Frost has more blue chip recruits within 50 miles than NU has within 500 miles. His offense is attractive to Florida athletes and their defense is hard hitting. I believe he's at a sleeping giant. The only thing he's lacking is a Power Five Conference and maybe better facilities. 

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic