** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Personally, I'd like to have a mobile QB, but I'd want to stay away from too many designed runs because there's too much chance for injury. Just tired of having beat up, half speed QB's.

I mean obviously Lee isn't your prototype, I'm just saying he wouldn't be useless in Frosts offense. If we could get Marcus Mariota in here that would be prefered, but we have to work with what we have and what we have is still very talented even if theyre not the prototypical guy for the position.

1 minute ago, airboose said:

Too many fans assume Frost will immediately accept an offer to come to NU. Don't hold your breath. I don't think it's going to happen. His situation at UCF is superior to Nebraska. UCF has the largest student population in Florida. Frost has more blue chip recruits within 50 miles than NU has within 500 miles. His offense is attractive to Florida athletes and their defense is hard hitting. I believe he's at a sleeping giant. The only thing he's lacking is a Power Five Conference and maybe better facilities. 

UCF is not superior to Nebraska and Frost will leave at some point because UCF isn't superior to most P5 jobs. I agree he may not come here, but it's not because UCF is a better program than UNL

• Plus1 1

I really think this is our last chance to right the ship.  We miss and it's another 3 years of the almost 20 year sh!t show.....

IMHO, Frost checks all the blocks.  He can recruit, great motivator, kids at UCF have all bought in, took a 0-12 program to a bowl in year one.  IN year two ranked in the top 25......He has a great coaching pedigree from his time in college, on staff and in the NFL.  He runs a 3-4 D so a much easier transition.  He has a great passing game with a solid running game.  Wouldn't be a lot of square peg round hole type stuff.  He is in a recruiting got bed, but going against the likes of UF, Miami and FSU.  The UCF name cache might not be as great as NU in a Power 5 conference.  Not to mention he knows the fan base.  Booed after the 19-0 loss to Arizona (and the 3 safeties)LP publicity etc....

The above was not a direct answer to the OP, more of an argument for him.  

I haven't seen anything saying he wouldn't come here. Nor anything that he would.  I imagine that no one is cheering for NU more than Frost.  That's a hard decision you know is coming.....

We just need a guy who believes in sound, fundamental, disciplined and PHYSICAL football.  I like  a power run game, but a brutal physical passing game is fine as well.  Get a guy who knows his system inside and out and that fits/can be molded to the talent on hand....

Last night when the game was out of hand, 3rd quarter I think, the announcers started talking about potential Riley replacements.  Frost was at the top of their list.

Fans going home and the announcers talking about your possible replacement to fill time in a boring blowout weeks after the AD was fired.  Riley's wife is researching moving companies.

Frost, no Frost, doesn't matter.  But Frost will likely get contacted, or has been already. 

10 minutes ago, airboose said:

Too many fans assume Frost will immediately accept an offer to come to NU. Don't hold your breath. I don't think it's going to happen. His situation at UCF is superior to Nebraska. UCF has the largest student population in Florida. Frost has more blue chip recruits within 50 miles than NU has within 500 miles. His offense is attractive to Florida athletes and their defense is hard hitting. I believe he's at a sleeping giant. The only thing he's lacking is a Power Five Conference and maybe better facilities. 

The stands were about 1/2 empty last night.....Their stadium holds 45k.....in 2016 the average attendance was 35k......

The 2017 class was ranked 55th....With one Blue Chip (4* or 5*) a 4* from Memphis TN....The rest were mainly 3* to include a kid from Wahoo, NE....Of the 21 signees, 13 were from Florida(one was from IMG)....I'm not going to dig into other offers for his players.  The bottom line is in addition to FSU, UF and Miami, the SEC and ACC hit Florida hard.  He does great getting the kids there, but more importantly he can DEVELOP the players to fit his vision...If a kid is truly a 4* or 5* player I am ASSuming they would prefer going to a power 5 school...

Considering there is not a natural D1 recruiting base in state, and I do not believe the talent is there on the roster to win right away in 2018.  It is my belief that we should get a coach that is currently recruiting nationwide from a current Midwest school. 

Gary Patterson can recruit Texas, but will those players he is currently pulling leave TX to come to NU.  For Frost he is currently recruiting the state of FL, but not MIA, FSU, FSU talent.  He is working wonders with the talent he is getting, but will the talent that would typically go to the top three now, come with him to NU?  It is good to see the two NE player on the roster getting snaps for Frost.

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Man people are going to get super disappointed when Frost doesn't accept the job. Not saying he will do that but I could seriously see him staying at UCF for a 3rd year. As long as he keeps things rolling at UCF he will be in high demand. We better have a Damm good plan B 

I'm not concerned either way. We just need to stop hiring proven average coaches. I had no problem with the Pelini hire. He was a hot commodity at the time. I'd be ok with frost for that same reason. I don't know he's a great coach though. Any good coach should be able to improve on a program as bad as ucf. Look at Turner gill and buffalo. (Granted ku is a terrible place to coach)

Give me an up and coming hc. I'll be open minded about a coordinator but no more rileys or callahans.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, irafreak said:

I'm not concerned either way. We just need to stop hiring proven average coaches. I had no problem with the Pelini hire. He was a hot commodity at the time. I'd be ok with frost for that same reason. I don't know he's a great coach though. Any good coach should be able to improve on a program as bad as ucf. Look at Turner gill and buffalo. (Granted ku is a terrible place to coach)

Give me an up and coming hc. I'll be open minded about a coordinator but no more rileys or callahans.

You're being rational about this, you aren't the people I was referring to 

4 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Yes, Frost is a great coach.  Watch his pressers and his mic'd up practice sessions and look at his results clear back to his UNI days.  He IS a great coach now and he's only going to get better.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

I feel the same way. I just don't think Frost comes back 'home' to coach. And I am not sure who would come here to coach at this point...the doubt in their minds that if they don't do well right away they will be fired will be strong. The decisions of the past are definitely haunting the program right now!

You don't think that exists at all high profile college football programs?  Anyway, at this point, Frost would get the most patience from a majority of the fan base and the administration over any other coach hired.

• Huskerzoo changed the title to ** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***
  • Huskerzoo pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Huskerzoo locked this topic