** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Can we put to bed the collective circle jerk over Frost jumping in and running drills? Multiple coaches do that at virtually every school; I'm done playing the Muffin game just because Frost decides to put on a helmet and try to throw the football over that mountain over there. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

If there is a coaching change and Frost does decide to stay at UCF or take another job the meltdown on this board is going to be epic.  A lot of people jumping on that Frost or bust bandwagon.

All of Husker Nation will be melting down if it's not Frost.  Husker fans over the age of 40 are in love with Frost and rightfully so (i'm one of those with a man crush on Frost), however, I want the best coach possible, regardless of who it is.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, garn said:

All of Husker Nation will be melting down if it's not Frost.  Husker fans over the age of 40 are in love with Frost and rightfully so (i'm one of those with a man crush on Frost), however, I want the best coach possible, regardless of who it is.

This is the kind of rational thinking we need.

8 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

Hahahaha, you got me, right?  You are obliviously the board genius.

Niamatalolo aaaand the ISU guy.  Happy now?

Well OBVIOUSLY I am a board genius.  But it's an irrelevant counterpoint to make regarding you not even spelling the names of people you want to lead the football program.

• Plus1 1

Some coaches who I think will get some looks not only from Nebraska this year 

(NC State) Dave Doeren $2.2M

(UCF) Scott Frost $2M

(Navy) Ken Niumatalolo  $1.6M 

(ISU) Matt Campbell $1.5M 

(Boise St) Bryan Harsin $1M

(N Texas) Seth Littrell $822,000

Edited by BIG ERN
  • Plus1 2
17 hours ago, knapplc said:

Are we going to recruit Scott all over again?  Start the conversation with Mr. Moos, send him a bunch of hype videos and offer him an Official Visit, then send Dr. Tom to talk to Scott's parents and close the deal?

You say this as if it's a bad thing, Knapplc...

:lol:

10 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Is there a name for the  attitude where you really, really don't want a good thing to happen just because a bunch of other people really, really do want it to happen? Like reverse schadenfruede maybe?

Contrarianism?

5 hours ago, Danimal said:

In the case of Frost we really should be able to go through back-channels and gauge his interest so we know at the end of the season whether to move-in or move-on. One guy I might look at is Bronco Mendenhall. He did good things at BYU and while his first season was a struggle at Virginia they are really rolling now.

Yup, totally agree with you.  There should be no reason that Nebraska doesn't know where they stand with Frost should Riley get fired.

1 hour ago, brophog said:

NC in year 3, maybe a bit much. But if Frost came and he doesn't have the team back to an elite level by Year 3, I'd have serious questions to ask, because history is pretty clear that those first 2-3 years are very telling of what a coach will do. By the time we're where we are with Riley, we'd know the answer on if Frost was the guy or if we'd want to look elsewhere. I have as much belief he'll do well here as I did when UCF hired him, but you don't make the hire if you're not willing to fire.

It was the same with Pelini for me. If the goal was to get past that plateau, I'd have fired him 2 years prior. If you have that really high expectation level, no use wasting time hoping you're going to get there, not in today's environment.

that's the mentality we face now, instant success.........Oz was here a long time before he got his championships.  it was a different time way back then, people were patient and stability in coaching/assistants was thought to be important, of course Oz was winning 9 games or more for some time, so just being relevant back then was enough to let him keep improving. with Riley, it seems he is simply treading water, no signs of steady improvement, but worse is his comments of "not sure what happened".....at the very least i want a coach who wants to work on specifics, not just football stuff........that comment drove me nuts! Frost took an 0-12 squad and started building success quickly.......not his guys, but he took the talent he had and molded an offense that started to click. doesn't mean he is a genius now, but he hit on what works in his league.......he has shown that he can develop and coach and scheme in his league successfully. Navy will be a test for his kids. i want to see him stay and put it together again next year, repetition is success.......he is not ready for Power 5 football, not yet.