Jump to content
brophog

** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

I don't. Look at how poorly they treated the last two "HOT COACHES"

 

Muschamp was supposed to take over Texas after Mack Brown retired. Florida stole him away and he was supposed to be that years version of Frost.

 

And then J. MCelwaine, even Husker fans wanted him in 2014. Look at what Florida did to him.

 

In my opinion, Florida is way less stable than Nebraska in regards to Scott Frost. At least at Nebraska we would give him time solely because he is "one of us."

I agree and this is why I think we should absolutely have the edge over Florida.  If Frost does not do well at Florida he will be out...there is no loyalty to him.  McElwain had 2 pretty good years getting to the SEC championship and they didn't even let him finish this year (can you imagine us running Frost out mid-season?...that would never happen).  At Nebraska, I think he automatically gets 7-8 years or double what he'd get at other high profile schools. We'd put up with less immediate success because we are building towards long term stability with a young coach we want to run the program for 20 years.  We can offer similar money to Florida with much more security/stability.  It's his home state and team.  We have to get this...I would be shocked if we did not get this done.  

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Landlord said:

But they all have had top 10 finishes, national championships, conference championships, and/or BCS/NY6 bowls within the last 10 years.

 And in those 10 years, here are the overall records:

Texas: 75-49 ( 4 losing seasons + current )

Florida: 85-41( 1 losing season + current )

FL. State: 96-33 ( 0 losing seasons + current )

Neb.: 85-44 ( 1 losing season + current )

 

Here are the number of top 10 recruiting classes they have had in those 10 years:

Texas: 7

Florida: 6

FL. State: 6

Neb: 0

 

Texas hasn't won a conference championship since 2009, same year they played in the BCS championship and lost.

Florida hasn't won a conference championship since 2008, same year they won the BCS championship.

Florida State has won 3 conference titles ( 12, 13, and 14) and won the NC in 2013.

We all know about Nebraska, played in a couple CC games but lost.   

 

After looking at all of this,  we have been able to keep up ( record wise ) with these other teams despite not having any top 10 recruiting classes along with any other disadvantage we have.  

  • Plus1 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

 And in those 10 years, here are the overall records:

Texas: 75-49 ( 4 losing seasons + current )

Florida: 85-41( 1 losing season + current )

FL. State: 96-33 ( 0 losing seasons + current )

Neb.: 85-44 ( 1 losing season + current )

 

Here are the number of top 10 recruiting classes they have had in those 10 years:

Texas: 7

Florida: 6

FL. State: 6

Neb: 0

 

Texas hasn't won a conference championship since 2009, same year they played in the BCS championship and lost.

Florida hasn't won a conference championship since 2008, same year they won the BCS championship.

Florida State has won 3 conference titles ( 12, 13, and 14) and won the NC in 2013.

We all know about Nebraska, played in a couple CC games but lost.   

 

After looking at all of this,  we have been able to keep up ( record wise ) with these other teams despite not having any top 10 recruiting classes along with any other disadvantage we have.  

Florida State is an outlier in here. They have been pretty elite, especially in the last few years, but injuries have marred them this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just like we said last week, UCF can't gain any traction in the CFP because any chaos caused ahead of them is offset by the team that caused it jumping them. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, timmytbro said:

I don't. Look at how poorly they treated the last two "HOT COACHES"

 

Muschamp was supposed to take over Texas after Mack Brown retired. Florida stole him away and he was supposed to be that years version of Frost.

 

And then J. MCelwaine, even Husker fans wanted him in 2014. Look at what Florida did to him.

 

In my opinion, Florida is way less stable than Nebraska in regards to Scott Frost. At least at Nebraska we would give him time solely because he is "one of us."

 

Granted the last two coaches had very little patience shown them, but to be honest I think both of the decisions were the right ones (although certainly far earlier than most schools would have done so).  Of course part of the reason I want Frost to go to Florida if he doesn't come to Nebraska is that I am also a Florida fan.  My brother went there and I have been to several games at the Swamp - which is definitely worth doing if you ever get the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nebraska drops its final game of the regular season, ending the Huskers’ 9-year bowl streak and closing the year with five home losses — an unthinkable fate at a school that once went 14 seasons dropping three home games. Bill Moos makes plans to visit Orlando after the AAC championship.

 

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoops-nuclear-winter-3-0/

 

Florida is mentioned with Mullen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Nebraska drops its final game of the regular season, ending the Huskers’ 9-year bowl streak and closing the year with five home losses — an unthinkable fate at a school that once went 14 seasons dropping three home games. Bill Moos makes plans to visit Orlando after the AAC championship.

 

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoops-nuclear-winter-3-0/

 

Florida is mentioned with Mullen.

You missed this part:

 

*First disclaimer: This is for entertainment purposes only.

*Second disclaimer: This is for entertainment purposes only. 

*Third and final disclaimer: This is for entertainment purposes only.

  • Plus1 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jessica0 said:

Nebraska drops its final game of the regular season, ending the Huskers’ 9-year bowl streak and closing the year with five home losses — an unthinkable fate at a school that once went 14 seasons dropping three home games. Bill Moos makes plans to visit Orlando after the AAC championship.

 

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoops-nuclear-winter-3-0/

 

Florida is mentioned with Mullen.

 

They literally say 3 times this is for entertainment purposes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, brophog said:

I'm blind, can I get the font a little bigger. 

Nebraska drops its final game of the regular season, ending the Huskers’ 9-year bowl streak and closing the year with five home losses — an unthinkable fate at a school that once went 14 seasons dropping three home games. Bill Moos makes plans to visit Orlando after the AAC championship.

 

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoops-nuclear-winter-3-0/

 

Florida is mentioned with Mullen.

  • Plus1 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cornhole said:

Nebraska drops its final game of the regular season, ending the Huskers’ 9-year bowl streak and closing the year with five home losses — an unthinkable fate at a school that once went 14 seasons dropping three home games. Bill Moos makes plans to visit Orlando after the AAC championship.

 

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoops-nuclear-winter-3-0/

 

Florida is mentioned with Mullen.

 

MY EYES

  • Plus1 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

you might  be more delusional at this point than Matty was about Darnay Holmes

 

Darnay was never coming. Rich parents = easy to take trips to visit stadiums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carriker/carriker-chronicles-bill-moos-on-mike-riley-scott-frost-impressions/article_369b626a-c413-11e7-9cd1-af19c41a1674.html

 

Will NOT fire Riley during the season. So if he fires Riley, it will be right after the regular season is done. 

 

The AD talked about Scott Frost after being asked about him. He went into more detail about his resume.  He stated he hasn't talked to coaches, but he didn't say he didn't talk to agents. He also talked about the need to solidifying the fanbase. He states it is a fractured fanbase, lots of frustration. He has confidence he can get Nebraska back to winning. 

 

Adam asked what type of offense he thought we should be running. Moos said something like, "I think a mobile Qb is very useful similar to what Oregon had. It is very hard to defend. Frost of course was there too."

Edited by jessica0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

you might  be more delusional at this point than Matty was about Darnay Holmes

 

I hear what you're saying, but time has clearly healed your psychological wombs..... I don't know that I've ever seen anything as delusional as that (Matty/Holmes).

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Someone in the Nebraska media found someone else to talk to about Scott Frost.

And jessica found it on twitter and thought we needed to know about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Thanks for the info.......BUT for the love of baby Football Jesus please learn how to embed tweets

What does baby football Jesus look like I wonder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedNebraskan said:

What does baby football Jesus look like I wonder

Scott Frost unborn son haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone listen to the Carriker interview with Moos yet??

 

Adam seems like a nice guy but is raw on camera and that is a good thing here. He is super direct in his questioning. Moos knows a little too much about Frost for someone who he's never met. Doubt he knows the same info about Geoff Collins or Mike Norvell. I personally wasn't convinced Frost would be here after the season, but it looks like that if you listen to the interview. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jessica0 said:
  • Q: We all know winter is coming to Nebraska, when is Frost coming? A: Green laughs. Tells story about how athletics is "just like any other business." About management, performance, metrics and customers. "When you realize the need for change, you act."

    1 reply2 retweets2 likes
    Reply
     1
     
    Retweet
     2
     
     
    Like
     2
     
    Direct message
1ZerJ1MG_bigger.jpegChris Dunker‏ @ChrisDunkerLJS
FollowFollow @ChrisDunkerLJS
More

Green adds university is evaluating its business. Says he was at 97 Orange Bowl. Wife's roommate was Frost's cousin. "Yeah, I know who Scott Frost is. We will do what needs to be done in the right way."

Please copy and paste Twitter links directly into the forum. It embeds them in a clean, concise way. A little notification will pop up saying 'Paste as Plain Text.' Click that and it will show up correctly. See below example:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Anyone listen to the Carriker interview with Moos yet??

 

Adam seems like a nice guy but is raw on camera and that is a good thing here. He is super direct in his questioning. Moos knows a little too much about Frost for someone who he's never met. Doubt he knows the same info about Geoff Collins or Mike Norvell. I personally wasn't convinced Frost would be here after the season, but it looks like that if you listen to the interview. 

 

Could you post a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

 

Could you post a link?

 

Go to Carriker Chronicles, it is the most recent one. It's hard to know what the rules are these days on links.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sparker said:

 

Go to Carriker Chronicles, it is the most recent one. It's hard to know what the rules are these days on links.

 

Board members can share links to online news articles, videos, galleries, etc. All we ask is people don't copy and paste the content directly from the provider's site.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Anyone listen to the Carriker interview with Moos yet??

 

Adam seems like a nice guy but is raw on camera and that is a good thing here. He is super direct in his questioning. Moos knows a little too much about Frost for someone who he's never met. Doubt he knows the same info about Geoff Collins or Mike Norvell. I personally wasn't convinced Frost would be here after the season, but it looks like that if you listen to the interview. 

 

I have no clue if Moos will hire the next great coach at Nebraska.  But, I am a big fan of his after listening to a number of interviews. 

 

He GETS IT!!!!

 

He understands how to talk about the different sports in a way that draws people together.  He's done his homework.  He knows the history.  He can talk about the talent on the team without insulting the current players while also imparting that we need to recruit well/better.

 

Just listening to the guy gets me excited.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

I have no clue if Moos will hire the next great coach at Nebraska.  But, I am a big fan of his after listening to a number of interviews. 

 

He GETS IT!!!!

 

He understands how to talk about the different sports in a way that draws people together.  He's done his homework.  He knows the history.  He can talk about the talent on the team without insulting the current players while also imparting that we need to recruit well/better.

 

Just listening to the guy gets me excited.

giphy.gif

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He specifically mentions an offense like Chip Kelly or Scott Frost's. He also makes no excuses. We have everything we need to win.  He wants the hire to mend the fractured fan base. 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

 

Eh, he had Nebraska back to its failsafe 9-4 season last year, and opened this season with a significant number of his own recruits, including a quarterback who wowed really smart football folk at the big quarterback camps, and threw his own DC under the bus for an innovative new DC with a respected national profile. It wasn't crazy to expect improvement over the previous year, and I think fans would have shown patience if they saw the pieces coming together, even in losses. 

 

Riley probably lost his job against Northern Illinois, and definitely against Wisconsin. We can say we saw this potentially 4-8 season coming, but  I don't think that many people really did. 

 

If you want to congratulate yourself on this foresight, have at it.

It isn't just me!  My gosh...it was all of us!  No one heard about this hire and said "YES!  We got him!  We got Riley"  No one.  We all knew.  Riley lost his job about 10 years...just no one told him.  He was lucky that he was coaching at Oregon State.  I liken it to college baseball coaches back in the 80's and 90's...Those guys lived at one program forever without anyone knowing/caring what they did or how they did. 

 

I am not congratulating me...I am congratulating us.  In two weeks NU will have a coach that will make us excited again and will give us hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

 

I'm so... scared

Jessie taking some drugs!

Also...considering she thought Showgirls was her big chance...it is ironic...Riley thought NU was his big chance.

 

Oh well...at least Showgirls gave me something to do...wink

Edited by teachercd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

In two weeks NU will have a coach that will make us excited again and will give us hope.

Just to be clear, in two weeks we will know if a change is going to be made.

 

It will take a little longer than that to know who the next coach is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Moos does talk the talk very well...  I already like him better than I ever did SE.  But that isn't saying much lol.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Just to be clear, in two weeks we will know if a change is going to be made.

 

It will take a little longer than that to know who the next coach is.

Yeah, that is probably true.  It would be a bit awkward to bring in the new coach as Riley is cleaning out his office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×