** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, FTW said:

We're not a pipeline state. Our instate talent is inferior to Florida's. Are we making sense now?

Nope. I'm watching my Chiefs. I swear to drunk I'm Not God.

I don't mean to pile on here, but what does in state talent have to do with Spurrier getting beat by the best college football team of all time in 1995 and then winning a national championship the following year? Are you drawing some correlation to Florida's ability to reload because of their surrounding talent pool?

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I don't mean to pile on here, but what does in state talent have to do with Spurrier getting beat by the best college football team of all time in 1995 and then winning a national championship the following year? Are you drawing some correlation to Florida's ability to reload because of their surrounding talent pool?

My reply was in response to Florida winning the NC the following year. It's a recruiting hot bed, no pun intended. So a decent coach like Spurrier can do so much down there and turn things around. Just like Urban Meyer. Someone as green as Frost could become a king at the swamp. That just sounds awful.

Edited by FTW
21 minutes ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

That is alarming but I think he is doing two things:

1.  UCF has an excellent chance to play on New Years as an undefeated team.  He has to keep the focus on what they are doing especially with the USF game in a few weeks.  He needs to divert attention as best as he can.

2. I bet SF knows that some of his assistants will get job offers as well.  Good teams always lose coaching personnel.  By saying something fairly generic such as "“We want to keep the band together. … It wouldn’t be as much fun for me to do my job without the guys I have around me.”" he is expressing an opinion without committing to anything really.  It would not be as fun, and very unlikely they all stay regardless. 

Edited by HuskerPowerVA
  • Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

That is alarming but I think he is doing two things:

1.  UCF has an excellent chance to play on New Years as an undefeated team.  He has to keep the focus on what they are doing especially with the USF game in a few weeks.  He needs to divert attention as best as he can.

2. I bet SF knows that some of us assistants will get job offers as well.  Good teams always lose coaching personnel.  By saying something fairly generic such as "“We want to keep the band together. … It wouldn’t be as much fun for me to do my job without the guys I have around me.”" he is expressing an opinion without committing to anything really.  It would not be as fun, and it very unlikely they all stay regardless. 

I agree, SF is going to say the right things. The Nebraska job isn't even open right now. It would be stupid to pack it in and not plan for a future at UCF. If the job were to open up at UNL and he takes it I am certain he can "keep the band together" just in Nebraska not Orlando.

• Plus1 4

I laughed when I read Bill Connelly’s preview of UCF this preseason. He argued that everything head coach Scott Frost touches turns to gold based on his track record.

Dude, did you look at UCF’s offensive numbers last season? They ranked 115th in my adjusted yards per play. They ranked 117th in your own S&P+ numbers!

Then the season started, and UCF ended up first in my points based rankings after 4 weeks. I explained why this was a fluke, and why they would fall in the coming weeks.

UCF has fallen in my points based rankings, but only to 7th. They continue to plow through soft AAC competition.

The team rankings by adjusted yards per play suggests their improvement is real, as they rank 15th through 7 weeks of 2017. The offense has gone from the bottom of FBS to 6th this season, all with the same quarterback in McKenzie Milton.

13 hours ago, bhunt7 said:

If Frost ends up at Florida, Tennessee, LSU, or where ever while Nebraska waits for him to get "more experience" it will be a decision we never bounce back from.

I have a feeling we get this wrong, hire another seasoned coach with mediocre results, and it's the end of the Big Red

Third time's a charm, right?

2 hours ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

I agree, SF is going to say the right things. The Nebraska job isn't even open right now. It would be stupid to pack it in and not plan for a future at UCF. If the job were to open up at UNL and he takes it I am certain he can "keep the band together" just in Nebraska not Orlando.

It just goes to show that maybe we should've made Pelini HC emeritus prior to the 2011 season and hired Frost as the HC in waiting. I believe Frost wanted total control of the offense before Pelini hired his old pal.

The thought scrambles my brain to no end what could have been with Frost & Martinez. The way he's developed McKenzie Milton, that's remarkable.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

That article is just wishful pandering to his audience for ratings and clicks. He was on Twitter trying to promote that segment the day before and now he writes an article about it. The guy is just looking for attention. 

Coaches usually want to keep their assistants together. What Coach Frost said about what he wants to do with his assistants is 100% normal coach speak. 

Did you know that Saban is still coaching the Dolphins and Tom Herman is still coaching Houston? 

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Moos lodge, good one. Just reading an article about Tennessee woes. They've been a mess too since they got rid of Fulmer. I don't see why Frost would go there over Nebraska unless recruiting is a lot easier.

He could do Nationwide commercials with Peyton Manning?  That's a step up from paint less dent removal with Crouch.