** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

There are going to be a lot of pissed off people when 

A). Riley is retained after this year

or

B) a completely different coach is brought in like a Dino Babers. 

If it is B. I truly hope Frost comes out publicly turns down the job, so people will stop hanging on his nutsack. Yes he is a decent coach, but I’m still not convinced he wants to come to Nebraska. He has a pretty good gig 

16 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Sorry. Really. But somebody around here has to ask some questions and point out some things. Seems almost everyone has jumped on this runaway train. I don’t want to make a similar mistake as our last hire. Yes, we need to make a change from Riley just as we did from Pelini. But I sure would like to see more rationale for Frost than he’s coming home for his dream job and the evidence of his coaching acumen is some gawdy offense numbers in the AAC.

Of course I think he would be a vast improvement over Riley. That’s not the issue though. I’m not convinced turning around UCF is near the challenge he would face here. I want to believe because it looks like that’s where we’re headed. I need some convincing.

That runaway train with Mike Riley as Head Coach didn't have any other passengers.

1 minute ago, soup said:

or

If it is B. I truly hope Frost comes out publicly turns down the job, so people will stop hanging on his nutsack. Yes he is a decent coach, but I’m still not convinced he wants to come to Nebraska. He has a pretty good gig 

Nebraska might have two scary holidays this year, Halloween and one at the end of November.

21 hours ago, Mavric said:

Riley will be fired the day after the Iowa game.

Whoever our new coach is will be hired within the next 7-10 days.

There really isn't any reason for Frost to stay around and coach the bowl game.  Coaches leave before bowl games all the time.  More so now with the early signing period.

There is no reason for SF to coach a bowl game unless UCF makes it to the playoffs. What are the chances an undefeated UCF goes to the playoffs?

5 minutes ago, soup said:

or

I absolutely agree with your statement about B. I hope Nebraska offers him and if he rejects it is publically made that he rejected the offer so we all know at least Nebraska tried and it was Frost who didn't want us, and not us not wanting Frost.

The simple fact that Frost, in year 2 of a HC job has put together a staff that can a) Manage the clock and b) scheme to get the D out of the box just goes to show the utter incompetence of our current staff.......

Chalk talk above mentions several times that Frost cleared out the D with formations, to give his offense the best possible chance in a numbers battle.  Langs and Riley.....not even close.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

There is no reason for SF to coach a bowl game unless UCF makes it to the playoffs. What are the chances an undefeated UCF goes to the playoffs?

There's a very good chance he could make it to the New Years Day Big 6 or whatever they call it.  To make the playoff would require a couple 2 or 3 loss P5 champs.

If Frost makes it to a NY6 bowl or better (unlikely obviously given non P5) But nonetheless, if that is the case and he is named Nebraska's next head coach in November or early December, I think it would be pretty cool if Nebraska allowed him to finish out his season with UCF and let him coach the bowl game. He can showcase his offense and program on the big stage which may help recruit players to Nebraska, because you know the entire broadcast will be spent talking about Frost to Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

If Frost makes it to a NY6 bowl or better (unlikely obviously given non P5) But nonetheless, if that is the case and he is named Nebraska's next head coach in November or early December, I think it would be pretty cool if Nebraska allowed him to finish out his season with UCF and let him coach the bowl game. He can showcase his offense and program on the big stage which may help recruit players to Nebraska, because you know the entire broadcast will be spent talking about Frost to Nebraska.

I never thought about all the TV hype in that case. That could be enough to give us a really nice first recruiting class as opposed to a salvage the recruits we have on hand.

Edited by MichiganDad3
21 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

With the early signing period in December that isn't feasible.  Gotta hit the ground running to keep the recruiting class together.

Edited by Xmas32
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

With the early signing period in December that isn't feasible.  Gotta hit the ground running to keep the recruiting class together.

What exactly recruiting class do we have that is so coveted we must keep? The players that are committed to Nebraska for Nebraska will stay committed, the players committed to Riley and his staff will leave anyways, and quiet frankly, I wont be too upset with that.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BoneyardHusker said:

What exactly recruiting class do we have that is so coveted we must keep? The players that are committed to Nebraska for Nebraska will stay committed, the players committed to Riley and his staff will leave anyways, and quiet frankly, I wont be too upset with that.

I'd say there are quite a few kids that Nebraska has committed that other programs would like.  For the players that remain committed you're going to want to lock them up in December.  That's going to require face time.  

Edited by Xmas32