** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

6 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I was listening to one of the local sports stations and they brought up an interesting question: What will it take to get our current players ready for next football season?  How will these players respond to a coach who is going to make them work their tails off?  How does Scott Frost I still in them the desire to want to win when they've been used to losing so much these past 3 years?  

I think the defensive players will have a tough go of it but I think Scott will have them ready. Won't that be a thing of beauty? To know that we can look forward to our team being ready to play. 

If I were a betting man, I'd say practices will look different.

Frost is a fan of how his playing days were.....there's one or more guys behind you chomping to take your spot.

6 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I was listening to one of the local sports stations and they brought up an interesting question: What will it take to get our current players ready for next football season?  How will these players respond to a coach who is going to make them work their tails off?  How does Scott Frost I still in them the desire to want to win when they've been used to losing so much these past 3 years?  

I think the defensive players will have a tough go of it but I think Scott will have them ready. Won't that be a thing of beauty? To know that we can look forward to our team being ready to play. 

I think it'll be easier than you may think.  The vast majority of these kids have been successful growing up or else they wouldn't have been D1 prospects.  They're young and should be easily motivated to play well and win.  I think young, energetic coaches are need to do this.  One or two with NFL experience can't hurt either.  

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

If I were a betting man, I'd say practices will look different.

Frost is a fan of how his playing days were.....there's one or more guys behind you chomping to take your spot.

I hope so. I miss that competitive spirit. You could see glimpses of it when they played, especially from our home grown boys.  Yeah, I know-I'm biased.

I think next year we will see a completely unified team led by competent leadership. I'm confident in that we'll see a team that plays for each other and improves day by day. I don't think the players have any idea what's in store for them. I think more than a handful are about to find out what they're really made of.

If Duval comes here, the winter workouts are going to be absolutely brutal and no one gets a pass. Frost and co. will be on their case every day and that should be a breath of fresh air to any Cornhusker fan.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I think it'll be easier than you may think.  The vast majority of these kids have been successful growing up or else they wouldn't have been D1 prospects.  They're young and should be easily motivated to play well and win.  I think young, energetic coaches are need to do this.  One or two with NFL experience can't hurt either.  

I think having a young, energetic coach IS going to make a huge difference. This is going to be the most exciting off season we've ever had.  

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Wouldn't you just love to sit down with Bud Foster or Brent Venebles and ask them what makes a good DC?  I wonder what they would say.  

You have to know a bunch of really big words but have no idea how to use em in context.... that's what a former Broyles award winner once told me

Edited by Home Run Terrace
  • Plus1 3
Just now, FTW said:

I think next year we will see a completely unified team led by competent leadership. I'm confident in that we'll see a team that plays for each other and improves day by day. I don't think the players have any idea what's in store for them. I think more than a handful are about to find out what they're really made of.

If Duval comes here, the winter workouts are going to be absolutely brutal and no one gets a pass. Frost and co. will be on their case every day and that should be a breath of fresh air to any Cornhusker fan.

THIS is what I'm waiting for.  I think you are spot on.  

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

Whenever i payed 3-4 we relied strongly on the safeties and the linemen just stayed on the line reading the plays.  If it was run 4 went 2 yards back to help cover the zone.  If it was pass they would instantly blitz and rely on the safetys to cover.  Worked pretty good.

Did you see that happening with Diaco's 3-4? I remember when Jay Forman was on Big Red Wrap Up he said, 'I've played in a lot of 3-4 schemes and I have no idea what they're (Nebraska) is running!"  The Nebraska players didn't seem to know either?

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Did you see that happening with Diaco's 3-4? I remember when Jay Forman was on Big Red Wrap Up he said, 'I've played in a lot of 3-4 schemes and I have no idea what they're (Nebraska) is running!"  The Nebraska players didn't seem to know either?

I'm a Steelers fan and the Steelers have run the 3-4 for decades.  When I heard Riley wanted to run the 3-4 I was happy thinking we'd be very aggressive with it.  After it, it's called Blitzburgh for a reason.  Well, needless to say I suffered a major let down as the season proceeded.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I'm a Steelers fan and the Steelers have run the 3-4 for decades.  When I heard Riley wanted to run the 3-4 I was happy thinking we'd be very aggressive with it.  After it, it's called Blitzburgh for a reason.  Well, needless to say I suffered a major let down as the season proceeded.  

I know next to nothing about specific schemes in football but our boys looked lost most of the time.  I think we should've stuck with Banker after seeing what we got! At least our guys knew what Banker wanted.  I don't think they ever figured out what Diaco wanted and we have some pretty smart kids on our team. 

• Plus1 1

In addition to Nebraska, the following P5 schools will have new head coaches next year... Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Texas A&M, UCLA, Arizona State, and Oregon State. But it appears that Florida State and potentially Oregon will keep the coaching change wheels turning and who knows how many more P5 coaches will switch locations as a result. We've certainly learned that all it takes for a recruit to back off a commitment is a rumor (FSU, which doesn't technically have a head coach opening yet, has already lost 3 commitments).

When considered from a Nebraska recruiting standpoint, all of these coaching changes (or even the rumors of change) could be very welcome news. Why? Because the uncertainty is likely to make many recruits hold off on signing during the new early signing period which starts on December 20. All of this churn should give Scott Frost more time to get his recruiting sea legs at Nebraska.

So let's get Scott home and hope the heads keep rolling at as many big time programs as possible!

• Plus1 4