** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

LMAO, I just read your signature about SE from Redux Priceless! +1 and will +1 Redux next time I see a pst from him. 

Edited by TAKODA
I am old, feeble minded and have big fingers with little keys!
  • Plus1 1

His offense would probably be more effective in the ACC than the SEC, so I could see how he might have more interest in FSU than Florida. But it sounds like Fisher is leaving because he's frustrated with the lack of support from his AD or other higher ups - which doesnt sound very appealing. Plus, the silence from Moos continues. I'd think he'd have hired a coach by now if SF turned an offer down.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

It's a good day! I was able to get a 'Hire Scott Frost Now!' coasters.  I was in Papillion today and went to Jerzees. The bartender gave me one and said there were more in the downstairs bar.  I took a picture of it but it was too big to put it here. Piece of potential Husker history!

I'm glad they still had them there!  Hopefully you donated some money to Donnie Bellino with some keno games!

5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

PLEASE NO!!!  I understand Riley is a nice guy, but he doesn't deserve any spot within the NU athletic department.  Have people just forgotten how much of a failure his tenure at NU was?  If Riley is kept around in any capacity, it opens up the door for his former players to be loyal to him, rather than the new coach.  I appreciate Riley and his assistants being gracious in this transition period, but the new coach would be saying "Why is Riley still here? Wasn't he fired?".  Let him go back to Corvallis to help out the new Oregon State coach.

Come on man! He would make a perfect  Memorial Stadium greeter. Maybe raid Walmart and have him give out smiley stickers to the kiddos.  His current salary says he might even be qualified for it

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, HollandHusker said:

I'm glad they still had them there!  Hopefully you donated some money to Donnie Bellino with some keno games!

Actually, I was in a hurry so I just popped in and asked for a coaster.  However, I did tell the bartender that I would spread the word via HB that Jerzees still has these coasters. SO-If you live in the Omaha Metro head on over to Jerzees in Papillion.

http://jerzes.com/

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Except for the part where he called us impatient for firing Riley this year. 

I feel that was done out of defense of trying to keep his coach. His interview with Frost today was a breathe of fresh air, didn’t push him too hard and read into what he was saying instead of being a typical radio host.

6 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I went to the podcast and skipped to a segment where they are discussing Frost (not the actual interview).  These people are 100% clueless about the situation - they just dont get it.  At all.

For real. They talked about how Frost is only taking the neb job because he feels "obligated to do it" and that he would "disappoint his parents" if he didn't coach nebraska. Also said frost wouldn't be happy there and he's not making the decision for himself but for others. So pathetic lol. They act like they know what scott is thinking and just don't get it at all. They are brain dead if they think Frost isn't going to nebraska because he cares for nebraska 100000x more then ucf. They need to get over themselves

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, bisonwiches said:

I feel that was done out of defense of trying to keep his coach. His interview with Frost today was a breathe of fresh air, didn’t push him too hard and read into what he was saying instead of being a typical radio host.

Yeah I agree. It was a well done interview and write up. I mean the guy is a UCF guy. You can’t expect him to be happy about the situation. But I got the impression he understood the situation. 

So many of the UCF coverage people like that Ryan Bass guy have been such tools, this was a nice change. 

Plus, this guy’s interview made it obvious Coach Frost is going home. 

5 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

For real. They talked about how Frost is only taking the neb job because he feels "obligated to do it" and that he would "disappoint his parents" if he didn't coach nebraska. Also said frost wouldn't be happy there and he's not making the decision for himself but for others. So pathetic lol. They act like they know what scott is thinking and just don't get it at all. They are brain dead if they think Frost isn't going to nebraska because he cares for nebraska 100000x more then ucf. They need to get over themselves

I brought it up again later in the thread and decided that they weren't clueless, just that they really don't know or understand the culture here.  It really is in ones blood.  I mean, they haven't been in FBS for even 25 years, so, how could they know what a storied history is like for ANY school, let alone UNL?  I give them a pass on their ignorance, because i think you have to live it to understand it.

• Plus1 5