** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

14 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Husker Nation just dislikes herbstreit because analysts are supposed to be subjective but our fanbase imagines him as always being anti husker.

Fixed it for you.

2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

So what's the deal with Herbstreit?  Why does he hate us?

He doesn't. He has said plenty of complimentary things about us in the past, he is really good at his job, and fanbases love to imagine that the media hates them. Ohio State fans thought the same thing, to the point where he had to leave Columbus and move to Nashville. Nebraska fans think he hates us because of the ESPN Classic show from like 13 years ago, where his producer told him to manufacture some fake controversy because the show was so boring.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Fixed it for you.

He doesn't. He has said plenty of complimentary things about us in the past, he is really good at his job, and fanbases love to imagine that the media hates them. Ohio State fans thought the same thing, to the point where he had to leave Columbus and move to Nashville. Nebraska fans think he hates us because of the ESPN Classic show from like 13 years ago, where his producer told him to manufacture some fake controversy because the show was so boring.

Link? I'd enjoy reading about that.

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Fixed it for you.

He's really good at his job. NU fans still hate him.

Fixed it for you.

If thousands of people pick up the same cues its probably true. He is an Ass clown. I wish I could live in a fantasy world where everyone means well and no one has an agenda. USC and the SEC he will rave about for days. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Link? I'd enjoy reading about that.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/chatelain-a-villain-to-husker-fans-espn-s-kirk-herbstreit/article_b55c5e5a-1db8-51e9-a7f7-95309075abdd.html

A villain to Husker fans, ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit has no problem with NU

A long time ago, back when Kirk Herbstreit was young enough to be wearing shoulder pads instead of a suit, his critics tagged him with a nickname.

Little Red.

It was 1996 and the Huskers were in the midst of their epic five-year run. Herbstreit, 27, was new on the “College GameDay” set, just four years removed from playing quarterback for Ohio State.

“Every game, I was Nebraska, Nebraska, Nebraska,” Herbstreit said Wednesday morning in an interview. “I used to get accused of being a Nebraska homer.”

Oh, how times have changed. As the Huskers slipped off the national radar the past 15 years, Herbstreit slowly became a broadcasting villain in the heartland. Nebraska, he said, has the most sensitive fan base in college football, at least according to his feedback — Baylor fans are the only ones close.

“It was one of those made-for-TV argumentative shows,” Herbstreit said. “And the show was kind of real flat. There wasn’t a whole lot of disagreement. So the producer got in my ear, it’s the only time in my career he got in my ear, and he said, ‘Can you help me out out there? You’ve got to liven the discussion up a little bit.’

“At the time, we were talking about ’95 Nebraska and ’01 Miami. Truthfully, I couldn’t care less who was the better team. After he said that to me, I just started trying to make a strong argument for why Miami ’01 was the better team. From that point on, that segment lived in infamy and I became a Nebraska hater.

Edited by Landlord
  • Plus1 2
Just now, jaws said:

I have and they are dumb for getting bent out of shape about it as well.

I think you'll find that no more Nebraska fans dislike Herbstreit than any other fans of any other team - probably about the same number as think Dan Wolken hates their team, or Pat Forde, or Andy Staples. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If thousands of people pick up the same cues its probably true.

You are wrong. That's a logical fallacy called ad populum.

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "argument to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

• Plus1 1

People back track all the time because he was taking so much heat for it. Unless he is a really good actor and not just a tv personality then maybe I could buy how big of a baby he was. He was in LOVE with the 04 05 USC teams and was butt hurt they didnt make it to the end. 

I dont believe everything I read. IE the lame Jay Forman texts yesterday trying to back track his comments on 1620 because he was taking too much heat for them.

23 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Husker Nation just dislikes herbstreit because analysts are supposed to be subjective but he is always anti husker. If you watch anything on ESPN from the last 15 years and watch herbstreit he usually has some kind of under tone when speaking about nebraska. Pretty much everyone picks up on it- maybe you havent watched ESPN. But thats the history.

Its probably because he grew up hating US because we always won. Just like how people either LOVE or HATE the cowboys for the same reason.

I'll let you in on a secret. There are some fan bases that are not envious of Nebraska and their history. That is not a knock on Nebraska but just that they have good history of their own and don't care that Nebraska was once good. He is an OSU alum and has been critical of them at times. He also is an OSU fan and I don't think he has much reason to be envious of Nebraska. 

1 minute ago, jaws said:

I'll let you in on a secret. There are some fan bases that are not envious of Nebraska and their history. That is not a knock on Nebraska but just that they have good history of their own and don't care that Nebraska was once good. He is an OSU alum and has been critical of them at times. He also is an OSU fan and I don't think he has much reason to be envious of Nebraska. 

There are always people in a fan base who live in a bit of a bubble, and don't realize that other teams have, and will have again, success on par with their team's.  I'm sure there are Bama fans who think Bama is the only team to dominate an era like they are now with Saban, who don't know anything about Bud Wilkinson or Bob Devaney or Woody Hayes.