** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

19 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

I think it's in our best interest, as Nebraska fans, that this got cancelled.  They would have questioned TO's morals and shed some negative light on the program.  Just go back and watch some of those highlight cassettes from the 90s instead.

IF we can get this program turned around, 10-15 years from now it’ll be a great story. For the first time in forever I feel like we have the administration to do it too. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Ziebol the Red said:

So realistically what does everyone think the timeline is for announcing?

RSS is saying that an announcement will happen Saturday.  But I think it’s more likely that Sunday there’s an announcement and presser Monday.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I've been a member at Buckeye Planet since the Big Ten joined Nebraska in 2010, and this definitely fits that forum. Tons of great people, some crackpots who think the world is out to get them, and some folks who are very hostile to Nebraska (and every other non-Buckeye team). 

Overall the Buckeye fans are pretty good eggs, though.  It was swell meeting a bunch of them in 2011.

Good eggs in the stands chanting Tommy's name when he came back into the stadium.  Classy folks that night.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, CornhuskerCornPicker said:

IF we can get this program turned around, 10-15 years from now it’ll be a great story. For the first time in forever I feel like we have the administration to do it too. 

I'm just saying ESPN isn't going to do a documentary on anyone or anyplace that doesn't create some drama or tension.  They are going to find a good and bad side to every story.  At this rate, ESPN won't even be around in 10-15 years.

Edited by STL Husker

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

It looks like Tennessee fans are wanting them to hire Tee Martin.  I get that he also won a NC for TN in 1998, but he has never been a head coach and I am not sure I would say he has learned under another elite/top coach.  I guess they have to find somebody, but do they really want Tee Martin over Schiano?  

They are running out of people to poo - poo.  "We'll give him time to grow into it, we promise, because he's one of ours".  Hmm, that does sound familiar (tho, our guy does have HC experience).

3 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

They are running out of people to poo - poo.  "We'll give him time to grow into it, we promise, because he's one of ours".  Hmm, that does sound familiar (tho, our guy does have HC experience).

I think we've gotten a bad rap as far as how we treat coaches. There is a reason Solich is still at Ohio and there were possibly other issues. I don't have to explain Callahan or Riley but in short, they both had us going backwards. Bo was probably going to leave on his own if he didn't get fired, the pressure was too much for him and you could tell. If Frost can produce at a similar level to Bo or Solich chances are he can stay 10+ years if he keeps his nose clean and says the right things most of the time. Obviously getting blown out over and over by Wisconsin would also warrant some concern over his job stability but if we are consistently at or near the top of our division, Frost will be here a long time.

4 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

I'm just saying ESPN isn't going to do a documentary on anyone or anyplace that doesn't create some drama or tension.  They are going to find a good and bad side to every story.  At this rate, ESPN won't even be around in 10-15 years.

This is one of the most underrated, true statements on this board. The only thing is they are owned by Disney and they got the moneys to make espn into whatever the hell they damn well please