** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, FTW said:

Is it me or am I the only one who thinks A&M made a bad hire? Jimbo reminds me a little bit of Gene Chizik.

No way dude. Chizik went 3-9 and 2-10 at Iowa State and was somehow offered the Auburn job, where he went 8-5, 14-0, 8-5, and 3-9.

Fisher has been FSU's head coach for 8 years. Twice the sample size, and has only had two seasons with less than 10 wins (9-4, ranked #23, in 2011, his second year), and 5-6 this year. 5 of the 8 years he's made a major bowl game, including a national championship and a playoff appearance, and won the conference in 3 of them.  

He's a great coach. His first 8 years are a hell of a lot better than Bowden's were.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

No way dude. Chizik went 3-9 and 2-10 at Iowa State and was somehow offered the Auburn job, where he went 8-5, 14-0, 8-5, and 3-9.

Fisher has been FSU's head coach for 8 years. Twice the sample size, and has only had two seasons with less than 10 wins (9-4, ranked #23, in 2011, his second year), and 5-6 this year. 5 of the 8 years he's made a major bowl game, including a national championship and a playoff appearance, and won the conference in 3 of them.  

He's a great coach. His first 8 years are a hell of a lot better than Bowden's were.

Well FSU wasn't the FSU we know today when Bowden took over, but I largely agree with you. I think he's a top 15 coach, probably top 10.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Well FSU wasn't the FSU we know today when Bowden took over, but I largely agree with you. I think he's a top 15 coach, probably top 10.

You're right about that. It's just crazy that they let him go. I think he's top 5 personally. In no particular order, Saban, Meyer, Swinney, Fisher, Dantonio/Shaw.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

You're right about that. It's just crazy that they let him go. I think he's top 5 personally. In no particular order, Saban, Meyer, Swinney, Fisher, Dantonio/Shaw.

He will do well at A&M. They are hungrier in College Station it seems to me. He will be given every resource needed.

Well Fisher better do good at A&M out of the gate if they forked over $20 million in buyouts and $75 million over 10 years.  That's likely well over $100 million in total coaching salary over 10 years when you toss in his assistants.   A&M will expect a seat at the SEC title game in a year or two and some shots at a national championship for that sort of money.  If they start out the season 2-5 the first year, there will be some seriously disgruntled people, but I'll laugh.

Edited by InOmaha

Well the time has come.   It's time to go home from work.  If these really are your last few days and you don't make it to Monday, goodbye dear thread.  I will miss you.  You got me through the longest week of my message board life.  You are the 1990s Nebraska Football of all threads. I hope you live forever, but I know that decision is in the hands of the men upstairs.  May you live in the memory of HB forever.

• Plus1 6
4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He will do well at A&M. They are hungrier in College Station it seems to me. He will be given every resource needed.

Wasn't that his major 'beef' at FSU?  He had wanted a push toward better facilities and wasn't getting the movement he wanted on this issue?

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Wasn't that his major 'beef' at FSU?  He had wanted a push toward better facilities and wasn't getting the movement he wanted on this issue?

Facilities and assistant coach pay apparently. A&M hasn't won anything in forever, they will have no problem doing what it takes to change that.

2 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

Well Fisher better do good at A&M out of the gate if they forked over $20 million in buyouts and $75 million over 10 years.  That's likely well over $100 million in total coaching salary over 10 years when you toss in his assistants.   A&M will expect a seat at the SEC title game in a year or two and some shots at a national championship for that sort of money.  If they start out the season 2-5 the first year and they'll be some seriously disgruntled people, but I'll laugh.

I really like A&M as a college, and their alumni group.  Don't care much for their football.  Know an officer that got blown up in Afghanistan and had extensive medical work required.  A friend of his dad's was connected to the A&M alumni group.  They started a card and support campaign.  Over a 1000 cards and dozens of visits to the hospital, gifts and long term contact / support...and none of them knew him personally.  Pretty cool story IMO.