** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

10 minutes ago, HuskerInATL said:

Reason for Jimbo leaving FSU is that the Athletic Department, boosters, etc. wanted him to fire his DC and OL coach as they are bums. Issue was they were Jimbo guys and he refused. So he was on the hot seat anyways and when aTm (literally a cash machine) came calling, he took off. FSU had been expecting this and has Taggert pretty much locked up. 

I went to Grad school at FSU (I slept with the enemy, I know) and due to its proximity to me go to some games plus the sports radio stations here keep up on them due to a huge alum presence. 

Interesting!

24 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Facilities and assistant coach pay apparently. A&M hasn't won anything in forever, they will have no problem doing what it takes to change that.

I've been reading that Fisher wanted an indoor practice facility. I agree with the people writing the checks- not needed.

39 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You're right about that. It's just crazy that they let him go. I think he's top 5 personally. In no particular order, Saban, Meyer, Swinney, Fisher, Dantonio/Shaw.

10 years is one heckuva commitment. I'm assuming that commitment was why he left (unless there is a A&M connection I don't know about), but like you said, surprised FSU didn't do what they could to keep him. Maybe there is an assumption there that it doesn't matter who the coach is? 

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
1 hour ago, theknife said:

It also brought up Matt Davidson has a key figure in all this: the Philly meeting, acting as a back door contact for Moos, and is rumored to be on the new staff in an off the field capacity. 

This makes sense. More sense then the TO rumor

Apparently A&M printing money. 75 mil guarenteed and they have to cut a check to sumerlin by Jan 25th for 10.5.  Good god  

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

10 years is one heckuva commitment. I'm assuming that commitment was why he left (unless there is a A&M connection I don't know about), but like you said, surprised FSU didn't do what they could to keep him. Maybe there is an assumption there that it doesn't matter who the coach is? 

Supposedly it's his dream job 

1 minute ago, Big red surfers said:

Apparently A&M printing money. 75 mil guarenteed and they have to cut a check to sumerlin by Jan 25th for 10.5.  Good god  

Supposedly it's his dream job 

Maybe it is, I guess. Is there a previous connection there? A&M seems like there would have to be some kind of a previous connection for it to be anyone's dream job (like Frost/Nebraska).

I think it likely had more to do with the 10/75. That'd be nearly impossible to turn down.

16 minutes ago, Husker N StL said:

Thought it was appropriate for me to tag on to this post for obvious geographic reasons (STL). I'll not have time to check-in or post tomorrow so...

One last hug. One last kiss. One last megathread keystroke. 

Scott Frost will be the next great Husker coach.

Farewell to thee most awesome of threads.

jZgre.gif

Goodnight sweet prince 

40 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Well the time has come.   It's time to go home from work.  If these really are your last few days and you don't make it to Monday, goodbye dear thread.  I will miss you.  You got me through the longest week of my message board life.  You are the 1990s Nebraska Football of all threads. I hope you live forever, but I know that decision is in the hands of the men upstairs.  May you live in the memory of HB forever.

17 minutes ago, Husker N StL said:

Thought it was appropriate for me to tag on to this post for obvious geographic reasons (STL). I'll not have time to check-in or post tomorrow so...

One last hug. One last kiss. One last megathread keystroke. 

Scott Frost will be the next great Husker coach.

Farewell to thee most awesome of threads.

jZgre.gif

I hope the mods give us an hour or so after the announcement to have a party in here.

• Plus1 4