** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

35 minutes ago, Landlord said:

First of all, their entire undergrad is the size of our student section, and is comprised heavily of A) non-Americans who don't care about American football, and B) nerds who don't care about football.

Secondly, if I'm a college kid picking where to play football, and I have to choose between Nebraska and Stanford, I'm going to Stanford. Playing in front of 90,000 fans is cool and all, but does not at all compare to going to school in the tech capital of America, for free, a stone's throw away from the ocean, while getting a world class degree that will give me a near guarantee at any job I'm qualified for for the rest of my life. 

Stuff like this really isn't necessary, and doesn't do anything to help our fanbase collectively have reasonable expectations. We have no idea how Frost as the coach of NU could go. There's decent enough reason to predict or guess that it will be successful, but how about we let the results of that decide, instead of crowning it an inevitability? It's entirely possible that this could all be a failure - just because Scott is from Nebraska and played at Nebraska does not make this a storybook destiny.

This is getting scary, we seem to be agreeing on a lot of stuff.  I may go into hiding.  Just does not seem right.  lol

We have at least a year to be happy, as a group and that has been a long time coming.  Keep expectations reasonable, watch for improvement, watch Coach Frost's development.  No one knows what is going to happen, but I am going to be as positive as I can about Coach Frost.  

• Plus1 2

(If someone already posted this I apologize for the repeat). Are you kidding me! FSU still thinks they have a 'wild card' shot at Scott???

Now they are targeting Taggert and Fuente.  It will be interesting g to see who they end up with. Taggert is a Florida native.  Fuente says he is fine where he's at.  Sumlin?  Stay tuned....but we all already know Scott is :bigredn:.  

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/01/florida-state-willie-taggart-justin-fuente-scott-frost-jimbo-fisher

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

First of all, their entire undergrad is the size of our student section, and is comprised heavily of A) non-Americans who don't care about American football, and B) nerds who don't care about football.

Secondly, if I'm a college kid picking where to play football, and I have to choose between Nebraska and Stanford, I'm going to Stanford. Playing in front of 90,000 fans is cool and all, but does not at all compare to going to school in the tech capital of America, for free, a stone's throw away from the ocean, while getting a world class degree that will give me a near guarantee at any job I'm qualified for for the rest of my life. 

Stuff like this really isn't necessary, and doesn't do anything to help our fanbase collectively have reasonable expectations. We have no idea how Frost as the coach of NU could go. There's decent enough reason to predict or guess that it will be successful, but how about we let the results of that decide, instead of crowning it an inevitability? It's entirely possible that this could all be a failure - just because Scott is from Nebraska and played at Nebraska does not make this a storybook destiny.

Who cares about all that crap, if they come here they get to meet Larry the cable guy ;) 

way to piss in the guys cheerios 

Edited by Huskers93-97
  • Plus1 4
18 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I predict some rankled people for having to wait as long as they're going to have to wait for autographs.

Who wants to stand in line for hours in the 90+ degree heat to get my Scott Frost Browns jersey signed? I’ll give ya a nickel. I’ll even put it in the freezer right now, so it’ll have frost on it.

Bueller? Bueller?

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Well, damn. That's not one of the first things you want to read after you wake up all excited that this might actually be "the day."

Debbie-Downer-300x200.jpg

• Plus1 6
2 hours ago, ESPNSEC SUCKS said:

If the announcement comes on Sunday.. I will miss it as I will be on international flight!!! I can't believe I will be getting on the flight maybe not knowing for 15 hours... Sure hope its announced after the game. 

No wifi on the flight? Are we really in 1997 again?!

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, Landlord said:

His connections to Nebraska are not the only reason we think he can do it.  His ties are just the cherry on top.  If he wasn't a great coach with a good resume, why was Florida going after him?  Plus you assume that I think he should win ten games next year or something.  That's not it at all.  He should get AT LEAST 7 years to build.

Edited by RedNebraskan
  • Plus1 1