Jump to content

** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***


brophog

Recommended Posts

It also kind of makes sense with his comment about wishing they would wait til the end of the season to make these decisions. But unfortunately they dont. 

Just now, BoNeyard said:

I am going to bank that we will realize he really is excited about this job in today's press conference. Think yesterday was an overall emotional day and also exhausting. I am going to guess we see the passion in his commitment in Nebraska today at the press conference.

 

Yeah Im sure youre right. Just a lot going on yesterday and he cared about his team. 

Link to comment

3 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

It also kind of makes sense with his comment about wishing they would wait til the end of the season to make these decisions. But unfortunately they dont. 

 

Yeah Im sure youre right. Just a lot going on yesterday and he cared about his team. 

I felt the same as you, but looking at it more, one I think it's awesome Frost was honest about it and it shows how much he cares. I think once he settles into the Nebraska job he will be just as committed and emotional about this program and players as he was at UCF, and probably even more given it's his dream job and home state.

 

In my opinion, I wish the media wouldn't have asked him anything about the Nebraska job at all yesterday. Just let him enjoy the moment of winning a conference championship with his team. The questions could have waited until this morning.

  • Plus1 3
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I really do hope his heart is 100% in this. This is a tough job if its not and you wish you were back at your old job. And I hope he came for more reasons that just he wants his dad to see him coach Nebraska. 

 

What?!

 

Of course he’s 100% in this; this is his dream job.  

 

He turned down: Florida, Tennessee, Florida State, and Oregon for this job.

 

It's just a bummer that he has worked for where his team is at for 2 years only to have the business side of things suck the enjoyment out of what his team has accomplished during their peek moment.  

 

Plus he really does love the kids he’s coaching.  It’s totally understandable for him to have tears of joy, and tears of sadness at this time.

Edited by Truth in Ruin
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I felt the same as you, but looking at it more, one I think it's awesome Frost was honest about it and it shows how much he cares. I think once he settles into the Nebraska job he will be just as committed and emotional about this program and players as he was at UCF, and probably even more given it's his dream job and home state.

 

In my opinion, I wish the media wouldn't have asked him anything about the Nebraska job at all yesterday. Just let him enjoy the moment of winning a conference championship with his team. The questions could have waited until this morning.

 

The "waiting to the end of the year" quote was interesting. Nebraska did wait until the the of their year. If UCF's next hire www.huskerboard.comor is even announced sooner rather than later, it wouldn't be out of realm of possibility that White gave Frost an ultimatum. Sign my extension or go. Even White's comments about it only being about the pull of his alma mater speak to this. It would explain a lot if White called Frost's bluff and he wasn't bluffing or, at least, wasn't ready to sign with him. The Huskers held no power outside of their desire to have Frost coach. 

Link to comment

2 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

 

The "waiting to the end of the year" quote was interesting. Nebraska did wait until the the of their year. If UCF's next hire www.huskerboard.comor is even announced sooner rather than later, it wouldn't be out of realm of possibility that White gave Frost an ultimatum. Sign my extension or go. Even White's comments about it only being about the pull of his alma mater speak to this. It would explain a lot if White called Frost's bluff and he wasn't bluffing or, at least, wasn't ready to sign with him. The Huskers held no power outside of their desire to have Frost coach. 

Going to be honest here man, with your profile picture and this post, I am having a difficult time seeing the strain?

Link to comment
1 minute ago, irafreak said:

One of the positives for Frost is that taking your dream job means that if things go as you plan, you won't ever be in another tough decision like this again (and Frost is the kind of guy that bets on himself so u think he absolutely expects to be successful here).

Exactly. I am in the belief that Frost will be successful at Nebraska and will be here for the rest of his coaching career and retire as Nebraska head coach.

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I don't think anyone needs to panic about reports of second thoughts. We've learned a lot about Scott Frost, the person, this season and it seems like his main motivator is not money or championships, it clearly seems to be loyalty.

 

Loyalty explains why he narrowed his choices down to UCF and Nebraska, why Florida didn't have a shot and why Oregon had a better shot than FSU. He told us himself, "I'm loyal to my alma mater" "I'm loyal to the guys I go to battle with".

 

No wonder it was such a gut-wrenching decision for him. It has nothing to do with facilities or weather or money, he felt loyalty to two different institutions and could only choose one.

 

I completely believe any reports he was getting cold feet, but not because he's not committed to Nebraska, but because he's a guy that never wanted to betray anyone and was forced to pick a side. There will always be second-guessing for guys like that. He'll be 100% after the Peach Bowl, but maybe not until then. 

^^^^^^^

This

 

I can totally understand that type of thinking.  When youve put so much into a thing be that anything and suddenly a better thing comes along do you give up your dreams on your one thing or live a new dream with this other thing.  Ive done that with jobs, cars in the persuit of a vision that i see it can be.  I think he honestly wanted to stay at UCF one or two more years and was really torn that we had to make him make a decision sooner.  I agree it was  never about money or facilities though those are nice.  It has always been about who scott is as a person and what he wants to do.  Either come back and coach his old school or stay and keep rebuilding a place he really loved.  Tough call, and im glad he made that call, but i feel for UCF because of the bum wrap theve been given.  I think thell bounce back, would be no reason to.  Was just a perfectly laid out plan for nebraska and i hope scott enjoys being here.  All i can say is that it was loud as hell at that stadium yesterday.  When he walks through that tunnel on spring game day and hears 90k screaming and cheering.  He will truly remember what its like to be here and that is when i think he will totally N

Link to comment

19 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

It's happening folks.  It's really happening.  Nothing has gone our way for so long but we didn't get Peterson'd or Eichorst'd again.  We won the day yesterday and We are no longer the laughing stock of college football.  Tennessee is.

 

 

 

Funny how even despite Eichorst's ginormous whiff with the Riley hire we still ended up landing Frost.  

 

 

 

  • Plus1 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, DD325 said:

Do you think the transition will be quicker & smoother in the fact that Scott has probably watched a lot of Husker games and may already know a lot of the starters names and is familiar with the facilities?

Watched a lot of games???  How?  The facilities are also drastically different from when he was here.  The N on the helmet is probably the only thing he will recognize from when he was here.

Edited by STL Husker
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, DD325 said:

Do you think the transition will be quicker & smoother in the fact that Scott has probably watched a lot of Husker games and may already know a lot of the starters names and is familiar with the facilities?

When was the last time Frost has been in Memorial Stadium?  Tons of upgrades in the last 5 years .  

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
  • Create New...